CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
PageUSC
KaneisAble
doubledribble
pitchcock
GarnetSwarm1990
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
MountainCock
thumpin big
Busta out indefinite (2092)
SOS says his next st (1772)
Our Road Upset Wins (1573)
CBSSports SEC predic (868)
Our Defense? (837)
No easy road for our (679)
University of Buffal (563)
Michael Sams done in (360)
SEC Football Legend: (330)
Party like it's 1903 (327)
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Our Defense?
2016 Thon Marker
Why is everyone anticipat
Anyone Making The Trip?
CFN prediction for auburn
Bama @ Tennessee
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Roll call for Auburn

View Poll Results: Student-Alumni-Just a Fan
Student 16 6.11%
Alumni 174 66.41%
Just a Fan 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #41
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Student/Alumni/ Or Just Fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Gamecocks get a lot of love down here in Gator Country. Any time I wear any of my Gamecock shirts I always get a lot of positive comments.
Class of 1991 here and I come from a big family of Gamecock alumnus. My stepdaughter is actually the President of one of the largest Alumni Chapters in the US.
So do I. I think most of that comes from SOS being our coach. I have had a lot of UF fans tell me that they wish they still had him.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #42
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Class of 2019
Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #43
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Alumnus
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #44
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

fan since 1966, alumnus Class of 1998.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #45
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb

Class of 2011. Fan since birth, and the only graduate in my family.

Grew up in the upstate and had a lot of clemson influence but my dad was always a fan
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #46
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Wife got her Masters in social work at USC, that's where I met her. She moved me up here (have a pretty damn good gig here too), and I'm working on my MBA at NKU currently. Also wear my G&B around Cincy and in the office on Fridays. I run into Carolina Alumni all the time. ** Side note - I also work with a Clemmy alumn who's bought my lunch several times over the last few years due to an annual bet.

Last edited by eightohhthree; 06-19-2014 at 06:26 PM.
eightohhthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #47
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Some of the people who voted as alumni confuse me. I swear some of the same folks have said on the board their alma mater was another school.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #48
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Cocky kidnapped me and held me hostage in the sub-basement of the Russell House until I agreed to enroll. JK. Proud graduate of The USC. Graduation was one of the happiest days of my life as I smiled and yelled Clemson sucks for the camera as I walked across the stage.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #49
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Grew up a fan, attended, became an even bigger fan, graduated. Class of 2014.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #50
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyFanForLife View Post
Alumna: undergrad 1975, grad 1977. My son just graduated from USC, and my daughter will graduate next May. My husband is not happy about being in the minority, but he goes along with us and supports the Gamecocks, unless they play Bama.
It could be worse. He could cheer for LSU or Georgia... Or the cow college up in Pickens county
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #51
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

fan since 1999 , I became a fan after I moved to GA from SC.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #52
GratefulGamecock
Walk On

Male

GratefulGamecock is learning to peck

Born and Bred Gamecock, went to every game during the 99-00 seasons. Was lucky enough to call Columbia home for the best four years of my life. USC '12. And congrats to my fraternity brother Kyle Carpenter for getting his medal of honor today, true hero.
GratefulGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #53
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Ok, I gotta share this one (my wife just sent it to me).

My little boy in my jacket (from the early 1970's) and the brand new gamecock baseball cap from his grandparents.....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #54
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

'06

Started off in the Towers (Moore). The word 'nostalgia' doesn't even come close to describing how I feel when I think of those early days in college...or even more when I go back to visit campus. The newness was overwhelming but the feeling of freedom was even more powerful. I'd pay a lot to go back to those days and experience it all again. Everything was "new" to me. I grew up in a town of 2,000 people and no one from my town went to Carolina my year, and anyone who had before then- I didn't really know. My family didn't have much money, so I scholarship/granted my whole way through and survived off of excess checks to buy books and food. I bought my first cell phone and plan (Nokia) on campus in front of the SC Bookstore. I was on campus for 3 months before realizing where 5 Points was...campus seemed "huge" to me. The environment around me and my outlook on life expanded a lot in those first two years.

A lot changed while I was there with Carolina, too. Russell House went through serious renovations, the Quads were being built, the Strom Thurmond Center was built, the Greek 'hood was built, the Carolina/Colonial Center was built, baseball & football really became *strong* while I was there, and even the basketball team had back to back NITs (yeah, I know- but still) and it was just a great time to be a Gamecock.

When I think back, a lot of the memories and thoughts rushing through my head are blurs...and not just from the partying. So many awesome memories packed into a 4 year period that clarity is kind of lost on me.

I could go on and on, sorry about that.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #55
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Huge fan since '86. grew up in socal than moved here because of the navy. Always heard how Carolina sucked and how clemson. That was a good enough reason for me. I love the underdogs and clemson fans were d!ickheads.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #56
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Class of '09...have always been a fan as well.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #57
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I was at Carolina for one semester back in 1985...... then I joined the Navy because I got my High School sweetheart pregnant. I also despise orange...... the only orange you will find in my house is orange juice! For this, I can thank my Uncle (An Alumni).... he took me to games in Willyb starting in 1978.

Even though I am not an alumni, I bleed garnet and black...... and would rather be at a Gamecock sporting event than anything else in the world!!! Started following Gamecock sports at the ripe age of 9..... remember many times of listening to a transistor radio, barely able to pick up a signal, just to follow the Gamecocks! Folks today have no idea how lucky they are! You can literally watch every game on TV or internet. Back then, you were lucky to catch a game......

Bottom line, I live and die Gamecocks..... and paid my dues with MANY lean years in the last 36 years I have followed the Gamecocks! And for those of you who are attending, or those that graduated from USC....... I truly envy you!

For me..... it's not an option..... it's a way of life! One I treasure!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #58
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
I was at Carolina for one semester back in 1985...... then I joined the Navy because I got my High School sweetheart pregnant. I also despise orange...... the only orange you will find in my house is orange juice! For this, I can thank my Uncle (An Alumni).... he took me to games in Willyb starting in 1978.

Even though I am not an alumni, I bleed garnet and black...... and would rather be at a Gamecock sporting event than anything else in the world!!! Started following Gamecock sports at the ripe age of 9..... remember many times of listening to a transistor radio, barely able to pick up a signal, just to follow the Gamecocks! Folks today have no idea how lucky they are! You can literally watch every game on TV or internet. Back then, you were lucky to catch a game......

Bottom line, I live and die Gamecocks..... and paid my dues with MANY lean years in the last 36 years I have followed the Gamecocks! And for those of you who are attending, or those that graduated from USC....... I truly envy you!

For me..... it's not an option..... it's a way of life! One I treasure!

Well said sir
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #59
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Student then fan then alum, class of 96. Grew up a *cough* Clemson fan *cough* but chose to be a Carolina fan before the start of the 92 Carolina-Clemson game and been a fan ever since.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #60
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
Wife got her Masters in social work at USC, that's where I met her. She moved me up here (have a pretty damn good gig here too), and I'm working on my MBA at NKU currently. Also wear my G&B around Cincy and in the office on Fridays. I run into Carolina Alumni all the time. ** Side note - I also work with a Clemmy alumn who's bought my lunch several times over the last few years due to an annual bet.
My wife has a Masters in social work from USC as well. She doesn't use it in her current career. Can I ask when your wife got hers
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote