CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2245)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1673)
Spurrier weekly pres (1492)
This would be awesom (986)
How is Shaq Davidson (812)
McConaughey cast as (583)
Perspective on our g (560)
SEC referees? (427)
Currently 2nd in att (408)
Defense and offense (379)
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti

Old 05-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material
Default E3 2014

Well it's that time of year again. Time for our annual E3 thread. There is nowhere near the hype for this year's event as there was for the past two years' as the buildup for the new consoles was approaching and revealed. But these are the years I typically enjoy the most because there is a greater focus on quality games. This year in particular will be exciting to see if MS can swing back after Sony managed to grab a giant chunk of momentum that MS had closing out last gen.

MS has already announced the Kinect-less console and I believe both companies will have game focused conferences. This year will also be the first without Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton. Tretton will be a special correspondent on SpikeTVs coverage of E3. Nintendo is doing another digital only event, which makes me sad, but hopefully they can start rebuilding some momentum of their own.

Quote:

Microsoft Monday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m.
EA Monday, June 9 at 12 p.m.
Ubisoft Monday, June 9 at 3PM
Sony Monday, June 9 at 6 p.m.
Nintendo Tuesday, June 10 at 9 a.m.

All times are PT
http://www.ign.com/events/e3
http://www.gametrailers.com/e3
http://www.spike.com/articles/8f6n2f...ook-at-2014-e3

I believe Spike TV will be covering all of the event again for those wanting to watch on TV and IGN/ GameTrailers and various gaming sites will have coverage as well.

So, what's everyone hoping to see?

Personally, I want to see more of Destiny, more next gen sports games, and hoping for something on the next gen Gears of War game.

Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: E3 2014

And for the nostalgia fans...

CT E3 2013 Thread
CT E3 2012 Thread
CT E3 2010 Thread
CT E3 2009 Thread
Old 05-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
Well it's that time of year again. Time for our annual E3 thread. There is nowhere near the hype for this year's event as there was for the past two years' as the buildup for the new consoles was approaching and revealed. But these are the years I typically enjoy the most because there is a greater focus on quality games. This year in particular will be exciting to see if MS can swing back after Sony managed to grab a giant chunk of momentum that MS had closing out last gen.

MS has already announced the Kinect-less console and I believe both companies will have game focused conferences. This year will also be the first without Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton. Tretton will be a special correspondent on SpikeTVs coverage of E3. Nintendo is doing another digital only event, which makes me sad, but hopefully they can start rebuilding some momentum of their own.

http://www.ign.com/events/e3
http://www.gametrailers.com/e3
http://www.spike.com/articles/8f6n2f...ook-at-2014-e3

I believe Spike TV will be covering all of the event again for those wanting to watch on TV and IGN/ GameTrailers and various gaming sites will have coverage as well.

So, what's everyone hoping to see?

Personally, I want to see more of Destiny, more next gen sports games, and hoping for something on the next gen Gears of War game.

First, if the times listed are all pacific, then Sony will be presenting at 9 p.m. easter. That seems really late, especially when you look at the times the others are showing.

What I'm hoping to see in games are some really good games that aren't sports or FPS, because those dominate the market, but I hate both. I'm definitely an action/adventure guy (God of War, Prince of Persia, etc.), but very few games come out like that in the style I prefer. I like 3D gaming, but I also like a linear feel, so games like Assassin's Creed, Infamous, and GTA are okay, but I get bored with them after a while since I don't feel like I'm really advancing the game very much with all the little missions.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
First, if the times listed are all pacific, then Sony will be presenting at 9 p.m. easter. That seems really late, especially when you look at the times the others are showing.

What I'm hoping to see in games are some really good games that aren't sports or FPS, because those dominate the market, but I hate both. I'm definitely an action/adventure guy (God of War, Prince of Persia, etc.), but very few games come out like that in the style I prefer. I like 3D gaming, but I also like a linear feel, so games like Assassin's Creed, Infamous, and GTA are okay, but I get bored with them after a while since I don't feel like I'm really advancing the game very much with all the little missions.
Quote:
Sony's E3 2014 press briefing will take place Monday, June 9 at 9 p.m. ET.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/575...movie-theaters
I think last year was 8PM or it may have been 9PM as well. I'm not positive, but I think part of it has to do with Japan...I think the time will be around 9AM there and I think it's just a time that kind of works for both Japan and the US. Just my guess.

And the GTA mention reminded me...I hope we either get a GTA V next gen/PC announcement and/or next gen Red Dead.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
I hope we either get a GTA V next gen/PC announcement and/or next gen Red Dead.
the former, no. the latter, hell yes.

i'm over ports. no thank you. gimme new games...that's what i want to see.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Pumped as always
Old 05-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

EA will be all Dragon Age.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:37 PM   #8
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
EA will be all Dragon Age.

i bet we'll see some BF:HL and BF3:SW as well.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #9
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Only a handful of games I'm interested in seeing. Wanna see what the changes are to Madden (they only need a few minor ones), anything new on a new Star Wars Battlefront, what's new with The Division, and see if any new games make me go for 6 to 12.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Really hope 2k shocks everyone and shows a new football game. Very slim chance. But there are rumers.

Lord know we need a anpther company making a football game after the joke that has bern madden. Sad that a game that came out two generations ago has better gameplay and presentationn than a game that game out ten years later
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Really hope 2k shocks everyone and shows a new football game. Very slim chance. But there are rumers.

Lord know we need a anpther company making a football game after the joke that has bern madden. Sad that a game that came out two generations ago has better gameplay and presentationn than a game that game out ten years later

saw a video with 2K8 gameplay the other day where a guy was talking about the new 2K football rumors.

what i found more striking than the rumors was the gameplay itself. you could make a damn good argument that 2K8 looks better than madden 25. like, next-gen madden 25, not the last gen version.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
saw a video with 2K8 gameplay the other day where a guy was talking about the new 2K football rumors.

what i found more striking than the rumors was the gameplay itself. you could make a damn good argument that 2K8 looks better than madden 25. like, next-gen madden 25, not the last gen version.
Oh yeah man. 2K8 has beautiful animations. Still the most realistic football game ever made.

Another thing i love about it is defensive play calling. You call the play for your d line then ypur coverage. Like reaal life.

Also they have working penalty system. Madden doesnt.

Madden's living worlds is a joke comparred to 2k8.

The other day i stopped a team on 4th and four. And their offense came out. And the QB hard counted a few times until the playclock got tp 3 and called a timeout and punted. They tried to draw me offsides.

In 2k8 i can lose a game 10-14 and be like damn that was a great game. Not even be mad. Great defense.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:17 PM   #13
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Oh yeah man. 2K8 has beautiful animations. Still the most realistic football game ever made.

Another thing i love about it is defensive play calling. You call the play for your d line then ypur coverage. Like reaal life.

The other day i stopped a team on 4th and four. And their offense came out. And the QB hard counted a few times until the playclock got tp 3 and called a timeout and punted. They tried to draw me offsides.

In 2k8 i can lose a game 10-14 and be like damn that was a great game. Not even be mad. Great defense.
You 2k fanboys and your delusion are so cute. The last 2-3 years of Madden have been better by far than any football game that 2K put out. And this is coming from someone who doesn't give a shit about studio/publisher/brand loyalty.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #14
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
You 2k fanboys and your delusion are so cute. The last 2-3 years of Madden have been better by far than any football game that 2K put out. And this is coming from someone who doesn't give a shit about studio/publisher/brand loyalty.

right. i'm a fanboy. you're not. thanks for posting.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #15
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
You dumb ****s that dont kno what they are talking about are so cute.

Madden has been full of glitches and game breaking bugs. Example. In CCM ai controlled teams dont use training points to train players. So by year three your team the best team in the league while everyone else sucks. Look it up. Its full of bugs.

If madden is better please explain to me that a game made ten years ago still has better:
Animations for evey position. (Running passing catching everything)
Presentation nfl2k5 had halftime shows where you saw highlights of your game and others around the leauge. Weekly recap show. Showed highlights of every game from the week.
Penalty system the worked. They were actully called. Doesnt happen in madden near the ammount they should
Challege system that isnt bullshit. Choose what you want to challenge
Smart ai. Dont feel cheated after you lose a game. The computer actually uses football logic.

Thats just the basic. All the info is out there. Look it up. Educate yourself. Anyone that knos football knows that 2k simulates football better. Its a fact. You can see for yourself.

Maybe next time you might want to actually know what your talking about before you try and insult.

For the record idc who makes the game. I play both a pick the better product.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #16
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

yeah. the animations are solid.

i've never made any comments stating the game from 6 years ago PLAYS better...i wouldn't because i haven't played those old games in forever. i'm sure there are warts.

but when 2K8 and madden '08 (or whichever one) were going head to head, in that last year, there was no doubt that 2K had PASSED madden....it had been catching up for a while, but it PASSED madden in terms of looks, gameplay, etc in that last year.

and then EA and the NFL made a bad decision for gamers...and seriously, anybody that doesn't admit THAT is, how you say, a fanboi.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:09 AM   #17
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Diehard, I wasn't talking about you, but if you want to be lumped in with him then this applies to you as well:

Don't let me and the reality I bring, rain up your delusion. Just know that you are missing out on a vastly superior football game because of nostalgia and ignorance.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #18
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Speaking of nostalgia (and Dreamcast legacy somewhat with 2K) I want the Shenmue HD remake rumors to finally come true. I know Phil Spencer referenced or retweeted or something'd it a little while ago so maybe it might actually happen.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material

I've seen various rumors that Red Dead Redemption 2 AND Bully 2 could be announced. If I could just get one of these I'll be in heaven as they're my two favorite R* games. Bully was the first R* game I was able to finish and I lived on RDR's multiplayer for about a year and a half. I could definitely dust off the six-shooters again.

However, my most anticipated game is Persona 5, but I'm pretty sure nothing will be shown on that until the Tokyo Game Show.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #20
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

I just looked up some youtube video of all pro 2k8. I'm as big a fan of EA's NCAA series as there are, but, I can recognize issues with the game play when I see it.
With that being said, I would love for the NCAA game to play the way that video looked. The animations and game play are so much more realistic than they currently are. If you get a fast QB on NCAA it's over. It cannot be defended. However, on the all-pro videos, if you drop back too far, the QB can't make the throws. If you're moving backwards while throwing, he won't have as much velocity on his throws. It's those little things that make the games feel more realistic.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote