CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
b381l
Gamecocks1137
jgoodwin25
Latt7more
Regalcock
kingofnerf
Captain9Dragons
PyroPepper
Garnetnblack99
Seats for Clemmy gam (286)
2017 (WBB) Kameron R (109)
WBB SECT Final on SE (50)
I think my dog is pa (12)
2015 Connor Mitch
5 stars
UFC 190: Ronda Rousey vs
Allisha Gray to transfer
WBB SECT Final on SECN at
Rank the teams on our sch
2017 (WBB) Kameron Roach
Skai Moore wants to KO Ma
SC Pro Am is back
The Official 2015 Atlanta

Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2016 - Nyles Pinckney

Defensive Lineman from Seabrook, South Carolina

A guy to keep an eye on, per GCC.

Rivals Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2016 - Nyles Pinckney

Any relation to Cleveland Pinckney?
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Any relationship to Charles Coatesworth Pinckney?
Old 05-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
5/20/2014: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Nyles Pinckney.
per 247 Timeline

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

SOS and Sands visited today.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2015/01/...rier.html?rh=1

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #6
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
This can't be true we all know Spurrier does not go on the recruiting trail. This is a miss print. It has to be Spurrier Jr. Matter of fact a real estate guy a media guy and others inside the program that do not tell the fans anything were out playing golf today.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
AmonRa777
Blue Chip

Male

AmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPit
Default Nyles Pinckney

An instate DL...Word is its a USC vs Clemons battle...Whats the 411..Do we have a good chance??? Are we pushing for a commitment
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #8
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...693/-1/PSPORTS
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

bad news.....couple of sources think Pinckney is a tater silent......this allows him to enjoy the recruiting process while being committed to them.......remember the Dabo rule.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #10
AmonRa777
Blue Chip

Male

AmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPitAmonRa777 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
bad news.....couple of sources think Pinckney is a tater silent......this allows him to enjoy the recruiting process while being committed to them.......remember the Dabo rule.....
If that source is Phil Kornblut, he thinks every player is committed to Clemons...PK slurps every ounce of the dabo Kool-aid
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #11
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
If that source is Phil Kornblut, he thinks every player is committed to Clemons...PK slurps every ounce of the dabo Kool-aid
JC Shurbutt put it at about 98% Clemson over on TBS. Anything can happen and if this recruitment drags out we get a better and better chance but currently looking like all Clemson.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #12
sosfan812
Game MVP

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Poor phil no one likes him in sc. Posters on Cockytalk say what you did and the taters call him korncoot.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #13
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit

"I wouldn't say that," Pinckney said. "I was leaning towards staying in state, looking at both schools kind of evenly, but I'm going to also lean out of state and see what else I can get out of them. The deciding factor is going to be a talk between me and my parents, and pray about it, and just leaning how I feel where I can be comfortable for four years.

sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #14
qcgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
Poor phil no one likes him in sc. Posters on Cockytalk say what you did and the taters call him korncoot.
I was always a fan of Kornblut since he graduated from USC in 1979, the GAMECOCK fans who call him a tater are clueless!! Phil tells you what he thinks without loyalty one way or the other but he is a GAMECOCK without a doubt!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #15
Ace Dilcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPitAce Dilcock rules the CockPit

I am worried about the "pray about it" comment. I like that he prays and is a good moral person, but if he is open about his Christian beliefs, then that sets him up for the Reverend Dabo. I don't know what moral standards Dabo has, but a person that uses religion to land recruits is the definition of a hypocrite. A Christian should reveal himself in his actions 24/7, and not jump on his pulpit to gain advantage in recruiting.

Maybe I am being cynical, but I have a feeling that if a 5 star recruit revealed that he was a devil worshipper, ole Dabo would whip out a pentagram in a heartbeat.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #16
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I am worried about the "pray about it" comment. I like that he prays and is a good moral person, but if he is open about his Christian beliefs, then that sets him up for the Reverend Dabo. I don't know what moral standards Dabo has, but a person that uses religion to land recruits is the definition of a hypocrite.
We disagree. Using a religion is someone like Jim Jones..There is nothing wrong with what Daybo is doing..He has chosen to put it out there and the kids respond.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #17
Master Bedroom
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
We disagree. Using a religion is someone like Jim Jones..There is nothing wrong with what Daybo is doing..He has chosen to put it out there and the kids respond.
BS. Having baptisms at practice is waaayyyy past putting it out there. He pimps that religion card like he owns it
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #18
gocockswyn
Game MVP

Female

gocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPitgocockswyn rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
BS. Having baptisms at practice is waaayyyy past putting it out there. He pimps that religion card like he owns it
Does Dabo do the actual baptism? I always think its weird for someone who is not in the seminary to feel they can baptize people.
Oh and I hope Nyles keeps looking closely at USC.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #19
sporkgod50
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1097530360
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

please tell me this recruits thread isn't about to get shut down for religious talk.

Mercy, bear coup!
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #20
jrussjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2323490
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
Does Dabo do the actual baptism? I always think its weird for someone who is not in the seminary to feel they can baptize people.
Oh and I hope Nyles keeps looking closely at USC.

Perry Noble has done a few for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote