CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
elcid99
Lonnie
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
Rooster'srule
Roosterboy
ertman420
markp_vip
My predictions for 2 (743)
An Aggies View of th (478)
Tennessee (352)
SEC Recruiting Advan (300)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (265)
Clowney in Practice (251)
Camp scheduled relea (163)
Question on Student (162)
Galaxy vs Seatle (162)
NCAA Concussion Sett (143)
An Aggies View of the Mat
FIFA 14 on PS3
2015 - Zack Bailey
Clemson Recruiting...how
Hello Gamecocks!
Green and Lammons
Question on Student Secti
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
2016 - Brandon McIlwain

Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins
Default Another new whip.

So I didn't get a job that I really wanted and I've been moping around all week trying to myself feel better. So I went and bought this. Mission accomplished, lol.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Another new whip.

Nice. What's in it?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Nice. Are you going to keep the iPod look or will you add some graphics?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Nice car. I have a question, I'm far from a motor head but why do you call it a whip?

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Nice car. I have a question, I'm far from a motor head but why do you call it a whip?

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.

"...Mayonaise-colored Benz...I push Miracle Whips..."-Kanye West
Old 08-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Nice. What's in it?
It's a 3.6, 305 hp and it has the SS/T package which has paddle shifters, sport mode, and a 3.07 axle ratio instead of the standard 2.65 the base V6 has. It ain't a hemi and it's nowhere near as fast as my old car, but it's got a bunch of cool shit on it, lol.

- Rick H-

Last edited by RGHoskins; 08-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.

Thanks

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
It's a 3.6, 305 hp and it has the SS/T package which has paddle shifters, sport mode, and a 3.07 axle ration instead of the standard 2.65 the base V6 has. It ain't a hemi and it's nowhere near as fast as my old car, but it's got a bunch of cool shit on it, lol.
that's cool. I thought you said before you couldn't afford the hemi but I knew you weren't rolling base
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
that's cool. I thought you said before you couldn't afford the hemi but I knew you weren't rolling base
Yup. I guess I "could" have afforded a hemi, but I don't want to be a slave to my car. I really really like this car. The Saturn would probably put bus lengths on it but that doesn't really matter in day to day driving.

- Rick H-

Old 08-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:

I too push a miracle whip.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #11
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

That's a nice car, Rick. Congrats. And I'm sorry you didn't get the job you wanted.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Sweet ride! Sorry about the job, but the car is awesome.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Could have waited until the new Cuda comes out
Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Nice. Are you going to keep the iPod look or will you add some graphics?
Thinking about a small red stripe along the body line on both sides.

- Rick H-

Old 08-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Garnet and Black accent stripes down the side with small bloc Cs at the tail end would be nice.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Cuda might not make it after all.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...avenger-reborn
Old 08-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
The Cuda probably isn't going to happen and this was absolutely an impulse buy, lol.

- Rick H-

Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #18
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
The Cuda probably isn't going to happen and this was absolutely an impulse buy, lol.
I wish I could just impulsively go buy the white Challenger I wanted. And now YOU have it. Lol. You absolutely will take me for a ride and/or let me drive it. To my credit, I wanted the Hemi though.

Still a damn good looking car and I know you're happy with it. Congrats.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Congrats on the ride.You a member over on DSM now?I did a little mod to the wife's challenger to make the rear look more like the cuda...

I traded My Ram for this 2013 R/T Durango back in June.

She kinda took over the Durango now and I drive the Challenger.lol

Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #20
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Looking good dude. Travis Foster just sent me the link to join DSM. I'm rghoskins over there too. Love the Durango. I've got a buddy that just bought a black one.

- Rick H-