CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
taylorssc
Latt7more
B-G
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
b381l
HeadCockFan
Why is everyone anti (1195)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1097)
Incoming Class (1074)
Just thought of some (900)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (758)
Tennessee kickoff an (742)
Let us clarify some (740)
Miss St. defense (618)
Is Clowney back toni (601)
How did we not make it.
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
No easy road for our offe
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Recipe for success
University of Buffalo tar

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Johnathan Sutton - North Carolina

Quote:
5/31/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Johnathan Sutton
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Johnathan Sutton

Quote:
Class of 2015 ATH Jonathan Sutton (6-1 216) of Swansea has several early offers to include USC and Clemson. Sutton plays linebacker and running back for his school. “I don’t really know which position I am being recruited to play,” he said. “Right now, I’m only a junior and I play on both sides of the ball.” His other offers include NC State, Appalachian State, Florida State, North Carolina and UCLA. “I don’t have any favorites and am going to consider all of the schools,” said Sutton. He is also receiving interest from Maryland and Ohio. Sutton recently attended camps at Clemson and UNC. “Clemson is a very organized school and they like keeping everyone together,” he said. “They don’t like leaving anyone behind.” He heads to Florida next week for a visit. Sutton plans to visit USC soon with some of his friends. Though he does not have any favorites, he did say, “I’ve always liked Florida State. That was my childhood team.” As a junior he totaled 75 tackles, 21 for loss and eight forced fumbles. On offense he compiled over 200 yards and six touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-of-favorites/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous
Default 2015 - Johnathan Sutton

SC boy loves FSU?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
SC boy loves FSU?
There's been a lot of them over the years.....way too many for my tastes....
Old 07-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

A decade ago I could understand, but why would a 16 year old or 17 year old today have love for FSU? Is it the subpar competition? The half-empty stadiums? The smattering of nationally televised games?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
A decade ago I could understand, but why would a 16 year old or 17 year old today have love for FSU? Is it the subpar competition? The half-empty stadiums? The smattering of nationally televised games?
Don't take this personally... But you did see the acc championship game this past year didn't you? I mean if I was a recruit, and watched a game of such magnitude with such a great atmosphere I would want to play a team that has the opportunity to play in that game every year... I mean did you see how packed that stadium was? The place was rocking!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
Don't take this personally... But you did see the acc championship game this past year didn't you? I mean if I was a recruit, and watched a game of such magnitude with such a great atmosphere I would want to play a team that has the opportunity to play in that game every year... I mean did you see how packed that stadium was? The place was rocking!
The ACC championship game is so irrelevant that I honestly can't remember who even played in it. Wasn't it last year that one of the teams in it (GT) had to get a waiver to be bowl eligible? (Sorry mods for getting of the topic of the recruit.)
Old 07-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
FSU has crystal, has played in 6 BCS games since 2000, and is one of the all-time biggest producers of NFL talent. They won 12 games last year and had 11 players drafted. It isn't all that difficult to see why a kid would like them.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Seems a lot of kids from that area tend to leave the state.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I hope we can get this guy. Our chances are ok, since he's coming to Black Magic. Hopefully he can see the talent we are bringing in on defense and will want to be a part of it.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
CheckYoAnklez
Walk On

Male

CheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming in

Quote:
Maybe because its a good team/program. FSU is located in Tallahassee, you ever been? Nice place! Also, the campus is really nice!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Swansea (S.C.) class of 2015 linebacker Johnathan Sutton was the lone linebacker in attendance today, so he received significant attention from assistant coach Kirk Botkin. He’s a bit on the short side, but he’s very athletic and well put together physically.
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...essions-140843

Quote:
Linebacker Johnathan Sutton essentially received a private workout from linebackers coach Kirk Botkin. Sutton's film is excellent; he packs a punch and can move all over the field. On Friday, he was one of the best looking prospects out there from a physical standpoint and he's athletic enough to hold up in coverage or run sideline to sideline to chase plays down. He's built very well and is a physical player.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2

Last edited by CoverTwo; 07-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSgc View Post
FSU has crystal, has played in 6 BCS games since 2000, and is one of the all-time biggest producers of NFL talent. They won 12 games last year and had 11 players drafted. It isn't all that difficult to see why a kid would like them.
One of the reasons they play in so many BCS games is because the NCAA has mandated any conference winner plays in a BCS game.....how many top 10 teams has the ACC produced in the last decade.....not many.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
mike1520
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
mike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his clawsmike1520 is sharpening his claws

He maybe a family member I'll check with my cousins.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #15
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
One of the reasons they play in so many BCS games is because the NCAA has mandated any conference winner plays in a BCS game.....how many top 10 teams has the ACC produced in the last decade.....not many.
The BCS mandates that.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #16
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing urange. Lot's of Clemson love out in Swansea.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
The BCS mandates that.
2 separate comments.....
Old 08-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

How are the recruitniks feeling about Sutton?
Old 05-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
LB John Sutton (6-0 227) of Swansea is considered one of the state’s top prospects for the 2015 class yet he’s drawing little interest from USC or Clemson according to his coach Chad Leaphart. He camped at Clemson last year and went to three of their games, yet neither the Tigers nor the Gamecocks have been by to check on him this spring.
“A lot of people fell off after his knee injury,” last season Leaphart said. Florida State, Ohio State and Georgia were some other interested parties before the injury.
Sutton is healthy now and the one of the schools that has stuck with him thru thick and then stands to land him. That would be North Carolina.
“North Carolina is his leader if I had to say one today,” Leaphart said. “He went up there last winter for a basketball game. He’ll probably make a commitment before the season starts. But a lot of people are talking to him and he will visit some this summer.”
Sutton counts offers from the Tar Heels, NC State, Virginia Tech, Duke, Louisville, Tennessee and Auburn according to his coach.
Sutton played in only two games last season before a knee injury ended his season. Sutton was playing running back at the time and suffered a torn ACL while cutting on turf without contact.
“He’s a very explosive player, one of the most explosive I’ve been around,” Leaphart said. “He’s a physical player. Everyone comes away impressed with his physicality.”
As a sophomore, Sutton had 75 tackles with 21 tackles for loss and 6 forced fumbles.
Another Swansea prospect for 2015 in WR Craig Johnson (6-2 200). He had 34 for 600 yards and 9 touchdowns last season. He also plays linebacker and had 65 tackles last season.
Johnson has offers from Marshall, Charlotte and Presbyterian.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-chapel-hill/

Old 06-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #20
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Two games into his junior season, Swansea’s Johnathon Sutton (6-0 223) made a cut on field turf as a running back and without contact suffered a season ending knee injury. Sutton tore his ACL and damaged his chances for offers from USC and Clemson. But that injury did not scare off some out of state programs who now hope to benefit from a healthy Sutton at linebacker.
Right now the team in the best position for him is North Carolina. “They’ve been recruiting me hard before and after the injury,” Sutton said. “Their depth chart at linebacker is pretty small. I could most likely get some playing time if I go there. It just feels like home, feels like the people here in Swansea. And the coaching staff is good.”
Sutton has visited Chapel Hill and plans to return June 20th. Sutton, however, is not yet completely sold on the Tar Heels. He recently visited Virginia Tech and is scheduled to visit Tennessee July 13th. He also plans to look at NC State, Georgia Tech and Central Florida. “I’m just trying to get around,” he said. “I didn’t get to go around because of the injury.”
In his sophomore season Sutton established himself as a major linebacker prospect by racking up 75 tackles with 21 tackles for loss.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...state-options/

Closed Thread