CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Karl Childers
sflgc
TAFC 5 1981
snruter amabon
GarnetBlack&Blue
Haven't seen one unb (768)
Funny Golf Story Abo (763)
Can it get any bette (732)
Auburn Stealing Sign (675)
Defense Tackles (635)
Boo This Man... (456)
I used to like bush (395)
Gamecocks Traveling (275)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (236)
georgia rewind... (227)
Well, as it turns out, we
**official Vandy predicti
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA@VAN
NCAAF: INDIANA @ MISSOURI
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLINA @ E
NCAAF: UTAH @ MICHIGAN SA
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ ALABAMA
NCAAF: CLEMSON @ FLORIDA
Auburn Stealing Signals?
Boo This Man...

Old 06-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material
Default Your productivity at work

The nature of the work we do certainly factors into our level of productivity during any given hour. It's easier to be always productive doing manual jobs than being in a research setting, for example (given there's motivation). How would you describe your productivity throughout the week? If you have a 9-to-5 office job, do you feel there are hours when you are not accomplishing much? Would you guys say 10%, 15%, 25% of the hours during the week are unproductive at work? Just wondering.

I sometimes feel like what I got done in a week could've been done in a day had everything worked out as planned. Other times I spend most of the day on a Saturday or hours after work getting stuff done... although I haven't had any of those the past few months.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your productivity at work

In my work, I have flexible hours. And I have 1.5 hour commute 4 days a week as a consultant, so when I am onsite for 8 hours, it is full of activity and then I use the travel time to make phone calls, write notes, etc. M-Th, I would say I am productive pretty much for 10-11 hours a day. Friday I usually work furiously in the am and then take time to do house chores (mow lawn, run errands etc).

And I am always close by email and phone in case.
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Depends on how busy I am at work and what kind of stuff needs to be completed. Some weeks I am extremely busy while others I tend to dick around more.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I could be more productive but a lot of that is out of my hands. Blame it on the marketing dept!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 596
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

My production has the potential to increase just after the Monday morning "WTH happened over the weekend" meetings; unfortunately, that potentially productive time often is interrupted by other meetings to further discuss what needs to be accomplished. Once done with those meetings, usually Tuesday right before noon, production level begins an ascent until Wednesday morning arrives to usher in meetings to discuss progress. After those Wednesday morning progress meetings, I am feverishly working on completing some "to-do" lists only to be alted once more Wednesday afternoon for yet more meetings on possible adjustments to the "to-do" lists. Then comes Thursday, the most productive day, since most "head chair at meeting" types are in the ear of cooporate. Unfortunately, production goes out the window on Friday as meetings are called for setting goals for the weekend and what items MUST be done to facilitate a productive weekend.
Finally, Saturday and Sunday, which for selfish reasons, are my most productive times seeing as how I usually accomplsh all that I set out to do on the weekend....loafing, eating, drinking (social), and most importantly securing a low-stress environment!!

Last edited by jrussjr; 06-15-2014 at 08:23 PM.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

It really depends, some days I can get a lot accomplished, then other days I find my self either procrastinating, or just talking too much to my fellow employees. Fridays are usually the days I am just wasting time to get out of there. I did the same thing in school. During Football season, it is even worse.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Cockytalk cuts my work productivity in half.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #8
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Right now, school is out for summer so I'm not doing much. I do sell stuff online, but that doesn't take that much time. During the school year, I am teaching 45 minute classes, then have 15 minutes to set up for the next class. Its elementary PE, so we are constantly doing something with them. Usually I get about 5 minutes each hour to check email, use the restroom, and do anything else. I get 45 minutes for lunch each day, so most of my day is full.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
Talon1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

So... Peter... What's happening?.. So, are you going to have those TPS reports ready this afternoon?

Anyone see Office Space?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...CF34F09FC9D084

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...62C7F277EB7D99
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I work out of the house (I'm a broker in the printing/ graphic design industry), so my hours are pretty much when a customer wants to order something.

Saying that, most of my calls are between 9:00 am and 3:00pm... I view CT mainly in the afternoon and evening, or when it is slow in my business.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #11
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon1 View Post
So... Peter... What's happening?.. So, are you going to have those TPS reports ready this afternoon?

Anyone see Office Space?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...B7AEE581AD5C0C

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...68533283EA0C9F
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #12
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

I'm a Maintenance Mechanic and I have preventive maintenance on a different machine every day. I'm pretty wide open from 7-12, but drop down to about 40% average in the after noon time, depending on how the equipment is running. Once I get fully trained, I expect that to go up some, maybe 60% average.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #13
GarnetBlackAttack
Recruit

GarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervousGarnetBlackAttack is making other chickens nervous

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way my boss can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
GarnetBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

Anyone see Office Space?
Never heard of it...
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlackAttack View Post
Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way my boss can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
Best post in this thread by far.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 06-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

My office is my truck and customers have a direct line to me...so technically, I am always working and available.

Only downside to that is the anxiety that comes with taking vacation. I've got too much of a grasp on my business to allow someone below me take care of my calls and business while I am away, so I always am there for my customers when they call. I can't just forward my phone and e-mail like many others do. At any minute, on a vacation, hell can break loose. That sucks sometimes. I hope to get better at that one day and let go a bit, but a portion of my business is emergency response.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #18
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Work schedule this week:

8:15 am - Arrive at work and do morning approvals.

9:07am - Stream DP show

11:55am - Stream World Cup match

12:45pm - Halftime - Prepare lunch in break room

1:00pm - Watch World Cup on ESPN3 in break room

1:20pm - Leave break room. Fire-up World Cup stream again

1:50pm - Handle a few phone calls and approve a few items

2:55pm - Turn on World Cup Stream

3:50pm - Half-time. Go check on other employees

4pm- Watch World Cup stream

4:50pm - Turn off World Cup Stream and make final approvals

5 PM - Close up and go home.

5:15 - Change Clothes. Grab a beer. Kiss Wife. Turn on ESPN to watch final World Cup game of the day.

*Post on CT every hour or so.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #19
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Anyone see Office Space?

I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to work Saturday ummmkay
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #20
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

I work when I want to. This morning watched some YouTube videos, took a shower, went and picked up some Chinese food, and watched three World Cup matches, I call that a full day.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote