CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
PageUSC
Gamecocks1137
ChickenButt
Ahmad
Cockypantherfan
eightohhthree
jrussjr
cocky-K
COCKYTALKIN
Legitimate, Unbiased (1571)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1552)
Cack's Toast of the (1404)
why we're in this po (1317)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (1278)
I guess we don't get (1119)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1001)
open discussion of t (800)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Predict the Season ( (614)
Predict the Season (After
Making the Trip to Kentuc
Kendrick salley
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Waldrop & Williams
open discussion of this t
Dylan Thompson picked as
2015 Commitment - Dexter
why we're in this positio

Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default My middle school friends

Before you read this, PRESS PLAY

So I found my middle school yearbook that I got in the 9th grade. I can't freakin believe I still had it, it was at the very bottom of a box we had in the attic. So of course I spent the last day looking through it and oh man, the memories.

So here are some pictures I scanned. Some of these folks I remember really well, some not.

This was the 1978-1979 school year.

The first set is Susan Corbett, Roger Cox and some other dude. All I can say is, she isn't as hot as I remember. She was really into Skynyrd and she had a horse. Roger Cox I think got busted. His dad owned a car dealership and I think he went for a joy ride one night with some other people to the steel bridge and they all got f-ed up and crashed the car. See, this was in the 9th grade, no one had licenses yet.
Attached Images

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: My middle school friends

The second set is Brian Crayford and some dude and Sherry Davis. I don't remember that much about Sherry except this was 9th grade and she already had a smoker's cough. Crayford got in trouble making a bowl in wood shop. We all thought it was bullshit because he told them it was for his dad who liked pipes. But it wasn't that kind of pipe, it was smaller.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

Third set - man this is AMAZING - this is Sharon Huxton (married some dude right out of high school named George Miller who was a major jackass - I never could figure it out), Jenny Ivey (total stoner chick, she used to draw bands logos on her jeans in a blue ball point pen), and Donna Jenkins, who was one of those "everybody likes her" girls. She was pretty cool.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

Next set: I cut & pasted these in, there's me (don't hate on the shirt), Sarah Ross (she was totally hot despite the braces), and my best friend Mark Rowe who ended up joining the Army out of high school, don't know whatever happened to him
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

Few more: in these pictures you have Gail Smith who ended up getting in a wreck in high school, I don't know what happened but it was pretty bad. Then there's Jeff Ramirez, another good friend of mine whose brother was a burnout. He's the guy with the Adidas t shirt. The guy next to him was some football dude, he once got in trouble for lighting fireworks in the lunch room, we had this teacher named Mr. Gatejens (sp?) who everyone hated and I think he put them under his table or something, then of course last but not least the other burnout girl is Cyndi Williams who the only thing I remember is she had a moped, which at the time was extremely cool

Anyway maybe this thread will cause some of you to post pictures of yourselves back in the day. I can't find my high school yearbook but this will have to do.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Next set: I cut & pasted these in, there's me (don't hate on the shirt), Sarah Ross (she was totally hot despite the braces), and my best friend Mark Rowe who ended up joining the Army out of high school, don't know whatever happened to him
Can we hate on the bowl cut you had in 9th grade?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Can we do that cocaine now?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

Another song in case Boston ran out:

Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
Can we hate on the bowl cut you had in 9th grade?
How is that a bowl cut. It wasn't Frampton length but it wasn't buzzed which was all that mattered.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Can we do that cocaine now?
Do you remember that t-shirt that said "Cocaine" but it was a coca cola logo? There was some dude who had one. He was one of those Zeppelin dudes, all of them were seriously freaked out.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Stillwearingmyjoehat
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Stillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot material

What's weird is my ninth grade yearbook from '75-76 at Summerville Intermediate has those exact same pictures.
Stillwearingmyjoehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
Stillwearingmyjoehat
Banned

Male

Stillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot materialStillwearingmyjoehat is USC mascot material

Wasn't he in the Breakfast Club?
I swear that looks like Judd Nelson.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwearingmyjoehat View Post
Wasn't he in the Breakfast Club?
I swear that looks like Judd Nelson.
Wanna know what I got for Christmas?!

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

One more

Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

I wasn't even born back then.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #16
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Lol! I was in high school around the same time and our pics looked like those, too!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwearingmyjoehat View Post
What's weird is my ninth grade yearbook from '75-76 at Summerville Intermediate has those exact same pictures.
I wanna know how this is possible. Still no respond from spare..
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #18
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

No he was being sarcastic. I went to a different skool.

By the way no one else is posting theirs, if I can show my 9th grade bowl cut then Spurticus can show his mullet. What's up people.

Last edited by spareparts; 04-20-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
Stillwearingmyjoehat
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I wanna know how this is possible. Still no respond from spare..
At that age everybody looks alike. Some guys are taller, some girls have bigger breasts but for the most part all the photos are just interchangeable from school to school.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
clemson sucks
6'0" 180

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
No he was being sarcastic. I went to a different skool.

By the way no one else is posting theirs, if I can show my 9th grade bowl cut then Spurticus can show his mullet. What's up people.
I would post mine, but they are too recent to be exciting.