CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Travelin
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
rioninusc
Gamecocks1137
B-G
GarnetSwarm1990
Regalcock
Jim Lahey
markymark550
Shot in the arm for (1743)
looks like we have 2 (1033)
Custom Jersey (649)
Abu Bowl Ready (551)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (412)
Beat Miami (390)
The pets holiday din (308)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (295)
75 Best Bakeries in (283)
Frank Martin's Game (228)
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Marquavius Lewis
Bo Pelini headed to Young
Further clarification on

Old 11-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Chris Peterson...

Well, I was extremely happy when he became the head coach of my Huskies... Well, after watching him single-handedly lose 2 games by being a dumbass on the sidelines, I wish we would have gone another direction.

Earlier this year, we were tied with Stanford in a defensive battle... About 5 minutes to go in the game.. We run a fake punt on 4th and 9 from our own 47... They snuff it out, and score a TD 3 plays later...

A few weeks ago against Arizona State, he holds out our starting QB AFTER he is cleared for a concussion... (We have absolutely no backup QB).. If Cyler plays, we win easily..

And yesterday, up 26-24, we get a first down to ice the game... All we have to do is kneel down on the ball.. Instead, we run it..RB fumbles, and they get the ball back.. 3 seconds left, Arizona Misses the kick... We win!... No, Peterson calls a timeout right before kicker attempts the kick.. Well, he drills the 2nd kick.. We lose..

Ya know, Dirk Kotter coached at Boise State, did great, then bombed at Arizona State... Dan Hawkins coached at BSU, then bombed at Colorado... I'm starting to think Boise State coaches can't coach.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chris Peterson...

I always thought boise st was always overrated. Big 1st game of the season with the entire offseason to prepare for. Bowl game with 4-6 weeks to prepare for. Other than that they were the product of the weak conference.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i hate if for you but i always love it when icing the kicker goes wrong.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Also, in that game last night he could have called one of his timuts with 36 seconds left and had a chance to get into fg range if Arizona made their fg. Instead he let them run it down, and then used a timeout to ice the kicker on the miss.

Last edited by aftertwobowls; 11-16-2014 at 07:45 PM.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Peterson to Florida.

The icing the kicker thing can go either way. That's a tough one.

The concussed QB..I don't know anyting about the situation, but there may be more to it.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Peterson to Florida.

The concussed QB..I don't know anyting about the situation, but there may be more to it.
He could have used a timeout to save them 30 seconds and get a chance at their own fg to win though. I'm with you on the icing timeout though. Nothin wrong with that.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Yeah, the icing of the kicker... I can't really bitch too much...but if we kneel on the damn ball, that situation never comes into play.

We are 6-5, and should be no worse than 8-3.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Peterson to Florida.

Florida has already tired a "Boise State experiment" when they hired Brent Pease as the offensive coordinator. We saw how that worked out.

No way in hell they even think about hiring Peterson.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Tough string of losses.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #10
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Talked to some of my friends out there in Washington... People are really pissed off..

I really doubt we would make a move this early, but Peterson needs to tidy up the ship real quick!

A lot of $$$ was put into facilities, and this mis-management Peterson has been doing all year is not going to be tolerated
Old 11-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

He should have taken the UCLA job In my opinion.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #12
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
He should have taken the UCLA job In my opinion.
I wish Oregon would have hired him, then maybe we could beat those bastards!
Old 11-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #13
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Peterson can coach. No offense, but Washington isn't a great team. They're not better than the three teams that you lost to in the OP. Give him some time.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #14
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Peterson can coach. No offense, but Washington isn't a great team. They're not better than the three teams that you lost to in the OP. Give him some time.
No, they are not... BUT stupid decisions that HE MADE cost us 2 games.. Coaches that get paid 4+ Million a year should not make those types of bone-headed coaching mistakes..
Old 11-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Hope you guys get it sorted out. I used to like it when there were some other good programs out west. More good games...everyone wins. I don't suppose colorado will ever return to playing good football what with the legalization of MJ. haha!
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Hope you guys get it sorted out. I used to like it when there were some other good programs out west. More good games...everyone wins. I don't suppose colorado will ever return to playing good football what with the legalization of MJ. haha!
It's legal in the Evergreen State, too... Maybe Petersen has a bong in his office?

As for the Buffs, yeah I remember the late 80s- early 90s... They were very good