CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
ZenUSC
bcolinc
cack
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
2015 - Amonte Caban
3-4 "D" Keep it
Rankings
Not a talent issue
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Uniform thread
Whiskey QB 2014
Centerplate CEO, Des Hagu
Nick Chubb

Old 06-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default "Colors: Bangin' in South Carolina"

Im sure a lot of people remember how bad things got around Columbia 10 or so years ago. I remember being in high school and hearing a lot of stories about gang violence, even some guys being executed through gang violence.

This movie is about all that stuff that went on in Columbia back around 2003. The director is a former gang leader who live in the Summit. Looking forward to seeing this somehow.

Anyone remember what I/He is talking about?

Movie Trailer:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: "Colors: Bangin' in South Carolina"

I'm not familiar with this story, thanks for the heads up though because it looks interesting.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

haven't watched this but i vividly remember the big shoot out in the gas station parking lot.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Anddd this was supposed to be in the Water Cooler. My bad.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Should be interesting...thanks for the head's up on it...I'll have to try and track down a way to watch it.

Brings back to mind those in power who denied for so long that this type of stuff even existed in South Carolina.
StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:18 AM   #6
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Whaaaaat? Many police chiefs before during and after 2003 deny any such claims of gangs in Columbia. Just not sure I suppose
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Whaaaaat? Many police chiefs before during and after 2003 deny any such claims of gangs in Columbia. Just not sure I suppose
My senior year at Carolina I did a ten month intership with the South Carolina Department of Corrections.

Anyone incarcerated under the age of 25 was a gang member. And this was 1991.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
THey were in denial.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I watched that Gangland episode on the History Channel. Looks to me like gangs were alive and well during that time the police deny anything was going on.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #10
WeStillOwnUSC
Starter

Male

WeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his claws

If people would quit making movies about this crap it might stop.

How can somebody like this guy come out and say "I was a gang leader" basically admitting he committed assaults, robberies, dealt drugs, possibly even murdered and not be arrested?
WeStillOwnUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #11
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC View Post

How can somebody like this guy come out and say "I was a gang leader" basically admitting he committed assaults, robberies, dealt drugs, possibly even murdered and not be arrested?
Evidence to specific crimes? Statute of limitations? There are many reasons not to be arrested. Also judging by that clip how do you know he wasn't arrested. I would like to know more. Is he trying to make a difference and prevent future gang bangers? That clip doesn't seem to indicate that. Seems like it is just a retrospective documentary. I have no use for that if that is the case
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC View Post

Denial doesn't solve this problem.

And gang leaders are often times just a voice of direction. And like it was said above me, he didn't admit anything, and there is most likely no evidence of crimes he may or may not have committed.

JUst give the guy credit for surviving this lifestyle and doing his best to turn it around.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #13
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
There are gangs everywhere, even in small towns.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #14
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Anyone remember what I/He is talking about?
I lived in NE Cola at that time and definitely remember hearing about it....and seems a lot of the gang activity was right there in the Summit. One reason they clamped down on teen activity at Village at Sandhills...there were things happening.
Since I'm a lot older and didn't have kids in schools, I was disconnected to all of it...but still amazed me that it all happened. The disparity in cultures within a small area is an eye opener.

This also is a driver of people doing home schooling and paying lots of $$ to private school their kids.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote