CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
GamecockSuperFan
cocks are us
robgusc76
El Cid Ranger
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
ktguen
l^l^lBGCock
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2549)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (1024)
Herbstreit on " (946)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (936)
SEC QB's in the Red (918)
Little know stat (We (872)
Gamecockology Helms (826)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (674)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (508)
Where do you like to (430)
Tennessee - South Carolin
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Meta: Is there a notifica
Sports no longer fun?
SEC QB's in the Red Zone
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
This season and recruitin

Old 06-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons
Default Brandon Wilds will get some love on this listen by the end of the year

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp..._sport_college football_module_related_16723717

"list"
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb
Default Re: Brandon Wilds will get some love on this listen by the end of the year

If he can stay healthy he will be on this list...no doubt. The kid is a beast and is underrated. He has a lot to prove to doubters. I am believer after what I saw him do when Marcus went down the first time.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly
Default Re: Brandon Wilds will get some love on this listen by the end of the year

Wilds plays with great heart and runs well down hill! I can't wait to see him on the field.
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
If he can stay healthy he will be on this list...no doubt. The kid is a beast and is underrated. He has a lot to prove to doubters. I am believer after what I saw him do when Marcus went down the first time.
Agreed. I believe he's underrated and underutilized. Played in 7gms last season and had only 43 carries (~6/game). By the end of the year, MD was beat up pretty badly. Take some of the load off of him and feed Wilds the rock a little more.
92Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Stay healthy and hold onto the football...that should be the goal of Wilds/Davis. If that happens new heights will be attained.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
Agreed. I believe he's underrated and underutilized. Played in 7gms last season and had only 43 carries (~6/game). By the end of the year, MD was beat up pretty badly. Take some of the load off of him and feed Wilds the rock a little more.
I agree I hope we see plenty of series with Wilds and D Will to keep Mike D fresh.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Quote:
He was hurt throughout the year and one game they thought he was coming back and he decided to sit it out. Wilds was not a factor last year because of health not because he was not given chances.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Alabama with three RB's in the Top 10.

I'm sure we'll be hearing about this at some point in the thread but Bama is on there three times before Auburn is even mentioned.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

as much as we bring up keeping mike fresh, i dont think his load was ever that huge. the week prior to the florida game he had his fewest touches since the first week (17) and still ended up with 154 total yards. he got off to a good efficient start against florida the next week too with 8 carries 49 yards. but he got banged up on either his last carry of the first half or one of the early ones in the 2nd half and was never the same after that.

brandon had 12 carries vs unc and 15 touches vs vandy. if everyone stays healthy and he holds onto that backup job i can see him getting around double figure touches per game. of course that depends on how effective the running game is and how many leads we have.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #10
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Wilds was not a factor last year because of health not because he was not given chances.
Hurt his arm in the UCF game. Missed a bunch of games.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
He was hurt throughout the year and one game they thought he was coming back and he decided to sit it out. Wilds was not a factor last year because of health not because he was not given chances.
exactly. dude dislocated his elbow.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #12
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Alabama with three RB's in the Top 10.

I'm sure we'll be hearing about this at some point in the thread but Bama is on there three times before Auburn is even mentioned.
And that's going to be mathematically impossible to sustain. There is simply no way that THREE guys on one team will have enough carries or enough yards to warrant a top 10 rating...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #13
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Correct. I believe he dislocated/broke his elbow and it was an extensive recovery period.

I remember when we offered him out of Blythewood. There were a lot of unappreciative fans because he was a highly touted RB. He was used a lot as a FB in HS I believe.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

He should have a nice year catching the football too. I think that is where his real value is going to be. He will get his carries and yards, but the passing game is where he is going to have a big impact as a check down option, IMO.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200499500136448000
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
By the end of the year, MD was beat up pretty badly. Take some of the load off of him and feed Wilds the rock a little more.
Agree. I'm totally confident our coaches know infinitely more about what's best for our running backs than me, but from my recliner there's absolutely no justification for allowing Mike to get so beat up and tired that it compromises his ability to play, his injury avoidance reflects and ball security. There's simply too much talent in our backfield to sacrifice our best on the alter of invincibility.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

How is MD28 doing with offseason conditioning? I saw a video earlier in the year of him working out with a private trainer. Since then I've only seen his social media posts. No doubt he's getting bigger, just hope he's not getting Alshon SI cover size.

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #17
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wilds was always hurt and got pushed behind Carson. When healthy, he is a bad mo fo.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Is it august yet?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #19
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

on the theme of spreading the love in the backfield, the problem we had once brandon wilds went down is we didnt seem to trust our others backs which at that point was carson since they didnt seem to want to burn williams redshirt.
i think it bit us vs tennessee because mike was having a great 3rd quarter but needed a breather while we were at midfield. we dont hand the ball off for 3 straight plays and punt and then only one carry by davis the next 6 plays both 3 and outs.

that seemed to change the next week with carson getting 9 touches vs missouri and coming up with some crucial hard earned yards. that trust in our core of backs is one of the main reasons im confident going into this season that if someone needs a breather or if one guy gets nicked up we dont need to change our offense.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #20
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Williams has the potential to get in the mix a lot too. Great competition at RB this year, can't wait to see how it pans out.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote