CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
The Yancey
ZenUSC
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
evan_aggie
Do we have any shot (2907)
Carolina opens -15.5 (2272)
What changes can and (1796)
Shaw: Check Out This (1616)
Gamecock football Lo (1501)
Don't tell me we don (1335)
Gamecocks claimed an (1232)
Tanner McEvoy should (1160)
SOS Teleconference (1158)
who thinks we need a (960)
Do we have any shot again
Gamecock football Long Te
The Demise of the 3-4
Mike Davis "doubtful
My Observations About USC
SOS Teleconference
Connor Shaw Browns
Gamecocks D staff reveal
Pirate Depth Chart
What changes can and will

Old 06-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Georgia vs Notre Dame

ND and UGA will play in 2017 and 2019

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...meet-2017-2019
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386
Default Re: Georgia vs Notre Dame

It's gonna be SO weird to root for Notre Dame to win a game.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
It's gonna be SO weird to root for Notre Dame to win a game.
True. Just like it will be weird to root for Georgia when they play Clemson
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Catholics vs Convicts II

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #5
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Wonder if by 2019, ND will have succumbed to "pressure" which would have them join the acc in football too?
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I will pull for any SEC team over any ACC team. Go Dawgs. I hope Georgia hangs half a hundred on the convicts.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I will pull for any SEC team over any ACC team. Go Dawgs. I hope Georgia hangs half a hundred on the convicts.
Notre Dame is independent
Old 06-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Notre Dame is independent
Only in football; however, they have a "deal" with the acc to pla at least 5 regular season games within the conference but will not be eligible for the acc championship game but will be eligible for the acc bowl tie-ins.

If you want to read about it: http://www.und.com/genrel/070113aac.html

Last edited by jrussjr; 06-26-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: addition of link
Old 06-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
We need an emoji (if that what its called) with the smiley doing a "I'll drink to that" toast!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Only in football; however, they have a "deal" with the acc to pla at least 5 regular season games within the conference but will not be eligible for the acc championship game but will be eligible for the acc bowl tie-ins.

If you want to read about it: http://www.und.com/genrel/070113aac.html
Yes I know.

We are talking about football.

They're Independent
Old 06-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #11
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

The thought of having to pull for Notre Dame sickens me. Oh well, we have to do it next season when they play Clemmy so at least we'll be used to it by then.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #12
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Yes I know.

They're Independent
So an Independent can partake in a conference's bowl tie-ins, OK, the golden domers can have whatever title helps them feel better. The way I see it, they are acc pimps!
Old 06-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #13
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
I think ugay was the convicts mate.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
True. Just like it will be weird to root for Georgia when they play Clemson
I could never pull for either of those teams. I just hope they show us their strengths and weaknesses.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #15
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

notre dumas is still garbage

Old 06-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #16
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
So an Independent can partake in a conference's bowl tie-ins, OK, the golden domers can have whatever title helps them feel better. The way I see it, they are acc pimps!
Well independent is huge for them because it's difference between a lot of money.

Had they entered the ACC as a football team, say goodbye to the money they make from NBC, and bowl money they don't need to split.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well independent is huge for them because it's difference between a lot of money.

Had they entered the ACC as a football team, say goodbye to the money they make from NBC, and bowl money they don't need to split.
Starting in 2014 they will give up a % of football revenue from a bowl game unless they make the playoffs, so if they use the ACC bowl tie ins they share a % of this revenue. The one thing I could not find in this agreement between the acc and notre dumb was home and away arrangement for the odd 5 games...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Starting in 2014 they will give up a % of football revenue from a bowl game unless they make the playoffs, so if they use the ACC bowl tie ins they share a % of this revenue. The one thing I could not find in this agreement between the acc and notre dumb was home and away arrangement for the odd 5 games...
Which is rightfully so.

But they will only go to that Bowl Game if the ACC can't fill it/it's an ACCs tie in.

If it's a bowl that they already have a tie in to (like the Orange Bowl) they will get that money for themselves.

So for example, say FSU wins the ACC and does not make the playoff. They go to the Orange Bowl. They will play a team from the SEC, Big Ten or Notre Dame.

In the past ND also had their own tie ins to the Pinstripe Bowl and Champs sports bowl, don't know what it is this year.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #19
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes I know.

They're Independent
They're tainted with the ACC stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
The thought of having to pull for Notre Dame sickens me. Oh well, we have to do it next season when they play Clemmy so at least we'll be used to it by then.
Go Irish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I think ugay was the convicts mate.
No. They are the convicts. When they play UGA, they represent all things evil.

When they play Clemp, "Go Irish."

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #20
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

The ACC stink...

Would it hurt if I said I'm trying to get my MBA at UVA?