CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
cocksmith1or11
NAGamecockFan
ReadR00ster
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
Goofyboy
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (923)
Call of Duty: Advanc (548)
Good Riddance to bad (493)
Keeping tailgate foo (333)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (311)
The Comeback & T (262)
Bashing Players, coa (262)
An A to Z of Noah We (227)
Wallpaper & Back (128)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (116)
Texas athletic director:
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The Comeback & The Bl
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material
Default Former player Ahmad Christian

will be playing football for Utah in 2015. Just another example of how the statement issued to the public is often very different from the truth. (many times for good reason, I guess)

Christian was suppose to be transferring to be closer to his Mother & to play baseball if I remember correctly. Below is a quote from the newspaper article about him attending Utah.

“It just was a matter of me and some of the coaches on the South Carolina staff didn’t see eye to eye on some things,” Christian explained to the Tribune.

He had also considered Miami & UCLA. In any event, good luck to the guy. I hope he finds what he's looking for.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Former player Ahmad Christian

Well, as lousy as Utah's baseball program is... he could probably start for them.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
will be playing football for Utah in 2015. Just another example of how the statement issued to the public is often very different from the truth. (many times for good reason, I guess)

Christian was suppose to be transferring to be closer to his Mother & to play baseball if I remember correctly. Below is a quote from the newspaper article about him attending Utah.

“It just was a matter of me and some of the coaches on the South Carolina staff didn’t see eye to eye on some things,” Christian explained to the Tribune.

He had also considered Miami & UCLA. In any event, good luck to the guy. I hope he finds what he's looking for.
If he had stayed, wouldn't he be starting this year. I think he was also pissed about not playing more on the baseball team. By the way the last time I checked, the weather in Utah is slightly different than SC.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If he had stayed, wouldn't he be starting this year. I think he was also pissed about not playing more on the baseball team. By the way the last time I checked, the weather in Utah is slightly different than SC.
He may not have started, but he would have helped.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I can see this thread getting very opinionated soon. So, I'll throw mine in. Who gives a crap? He wanted a change, so be it. Utah isn't so bad. I wish him well.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I can see this thread getting very opinionated soon. So, I'll throw mine in. Who gives a crap? He wanted a change, so be it. Utah isn't so bad. I wish him well.

Utah is where good people come to die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

So long see ya later. Why didn't he say he had problems with his coaches instead of lying about having to be close to his mommy. I also remember that someone was sick that he needed to be close to as well.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #8
AtlGamecock3307
Starter

Male

AtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPit

I know it's not why we lost the game and it was a hell of a catch by North but every time I think of him it's gonna b getting beat on the long pass against Tenn to put um in field goal range that possibly cost us an sec and national championship. His hand was right in Norths face, prob couldn't have defended any better but that will b the play he is remembered for.
AtlGamecock3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 AM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I typically don't dislike players, or ex players. But this one gets under my skin.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #10
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

He was certainly the most experienced CB slated to return for 2014, and at one point during last season (maybe it was prior to last season) Coach Brown stated after a practice that Christian was just as probable to start at CB - in 2013 - as either Hampton or Legree, so I can't see how that would be at odds with Christian's thinking, or how such high expectations could change so drastically.

Maybe the FB coaches put an end to Christian's participation with the baseball team - who knows. He transferred to a FL JUCO to play baseball, and struggled with that program. Now he's going to Utah to play only football. Not really sure how it all played out like it did, but everyone will move on from this...
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #11
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Good luck to him. I could care less what the circumstances were. He's obviously a very good athlete and I hope he's successful in the future. He helped our program a lot while he was in Columbia.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 AM   #12
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Basically, he had baseball admirations that he couldn't fulfill at USC. The coaches didn't think he was good enough, so he transferred to a JC school in efforts to get drafted(drafted out of HS btw). The draft a month ago or so didn't call his name so he is going to Utah to play football because baseball now looks to be over for the young man. Good luck. Could have used you this year...smh
Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #13
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

i think we have to remember that these guys are still growing adults and for many handling conflicts, especially personal ones is not something they have learned on the way up. some kids are more direct about how they feel and others are not, they skirt the issue and try to avoid conflict. just let this go and wish him the best.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #14
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

2 sport aspirations are complicated and often created problems and frustration. Wish the young man the best!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #15
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I hope that he is the best DB on their roster. stays healthy and wins awards. Just wish he would have stayed. We could have used him.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #16
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

CockyCash: 405
gamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudly

I wish I knew the full story..
"C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #17
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecox3 View Post
I wish I knew the full story..
Personally I don't want to know the whole story. You can speculate all day long whether he wanted to play baseball as well and couldn't make the team, or he wasn't happy here, or he possibly was dropping down the depth chart and was looking at PT being minimal, who knows. He left in hopes to improve his life and go where he will happy. Just wish him the best and move on.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #18
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I typically don't dislike players, or ex players. But this one gets under my skin.
I would much rather see a younger player leave and go somewhere he can have a much better chance of being a starter than a player leaving early just to go undrafted or in the late rounds when they can stay and both help there team and there draft stock.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #19
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
Basically, he had baseball admirations that he couldn't fulfill at USC. The coaches didn't think he was good enough, so he transferred to a JC school in efforts to get drafted(drafted out of HS btw). The draft a month ago or so didn't call his name so he is going to Utah to play football because baseball now looks to be over for the young man. Good luck. Could have used you this year...smh
think thats pretty much it, seems he misjudged how he felt about his baseball, passing on his draft opportunity out of hs. he regreted it and made his best play to regain said opportunity. juco bb went bad and so, like any of us would, he picks up the pieces and continues forth with the best option he has presently, fb elsewhere.
for his own sake I hope the stated reasons had some truth, some benifitt. to use those closest to you as foder for an out and out lie will haunt him in his relationaships w. those folk eternal.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #20
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

CockyCash: 405
gamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Personally I don't want to know the whole story. You can speculate all day long whether he wanted to play baseball as well and couldn't make the team, or he wasn't happy here, or he possibly was dropping down the depth chart and was looking at PT being minimal, who knows. He left in hopes to improve his life and go where he will happy. Just wish him the best and move on.
Im not speculating, and I am not an advocate of speculation in these types of situations. He's a good player, and he probably would have started this year.
"C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote