CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
Regalcock
Polls (3225)
Gameday in Columbia (2835)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2463)
Clem5on fans are bes (1471)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1418)
Why Weren't We Bette (1314)
SEC East Race as of (1123)
ST coach fired this (933)
Hardest Schedule (923)
Let's talk about Mat (919)
Why Weren't We Better Pre
ST coach fired this week
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Gameday in Columbia
Clem5on fans are beside t
D line pressure
USC/Missouri 9/27/2014
Polls
iPhone 6/6plus and Apple
James Thompson - 6'9"

Old 07-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit
Default R.I.P. JAMES SEAWRIGHT

has passed away. James Seawright RIP.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: One of the best I've ever seen here

Rip to a gamecock legend. 130+ tackles during 1984
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

RIP

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
brace
Recruit

Male

brace is sharpening his clawsbrace is sharpening his clawsbrace is sharpening his clawsbrace is sharpening his claws

I grew up with his brothers, Keith and Willie and his sister Wanda. Lived in the same neighborhood and went to the same Church with them in the 80's may he Rip. He came from a good Christian family may The Lord comfort and strengthen them through this.
brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

RIP
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

DO WHAT !!!

Oh Man...... Wasn't Close friends with him, but I knew James and met him
several times. When He was in High School and after he left college.

So , SO sorry to hear about this. James was a very talented Athlete
and Represented the Golden Strip, The Hillcrest Rams and The University
of SC with class and dignity.

So sad to hear this.

Prayers for his family
Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
colnago
Recruit

Male

colnago is learning to peck

I will second the remarks by Spurt. He was an excellent player, but an equally fine man. He was a legend around Hillcrest. Had a chance to play with him in a student-alumni BB game one time. (he was the student).

Good family - good person - good gamecock. Taken from this earth much too soon !!

May the Good Lord surround the family with His Hands !

Rick
colnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Whoa... Great Ram, Great Gamecock... I'm much to young to have watched it happen, but 133 tackles in a season is legendary, with 1-2 less games than we play now, to boot.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #9
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

I saw Wanda today. I did not know. RIP
A Great Gamecock.
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:08 AM   #10
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Wow! Sad day....condolences to his family and friends.

For those that never got to see James play, he was the consummate LB who was just everywhere making all kinds of crazy tackles. Sometimes you could just watch him and he'd lead you to where the ball was. If there was anyone who was the "fire" in the fire ants defense, it was James. I really enjoyed watching him play and he was one those guys like DJ Swearinger or Jap Brinkley who was going just make plays and plays.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:18 AM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

What happened? Oh man....
Old 07-19-2014, 04:33 AM   #12
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
What happened? Oh man....
Lost his battle with cancer

RIP to a Gamecock Great

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #13
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Still can't believe that James is gone. That was shocking news last night.
I used to come to just about every Home Game Carolina played between
1974 and 1996/7. When James signed to play for USC, we'd bring down
a large group from the Fountain Inn / Simpsonville area just about every home
game during the years he played here just to pull for James. I remember
sitting in the stands during the Pittsburg game in 1981. James was a
freshman and had been used mainly on Special teams only up to that point.
Pitt had Dan Marino at QB that season and jumped out to a 35-7 halftime
lead. Coach Carlen (his final season at SC) decided to shake things up
a bit in the second half. Put in a lot of guys who had not started or had
little PT on both offense and defense. Our little group from the upstate
cheered when James was put in as an OLB along with starting MLB JD Fuller.
Early in the second half, Pitt had a 3rd and medium play on their first series, and
I was looking through the binoculars on that particular play. James
came through the line clean on a Blitz and DRILLED Marino in the rib cage
and I was yelling back at the guys from the upstate...THAT WAS JAMES,
THAT WAS JAMES !!! It ignited the crowd and the football team as
Carolina rallied and scored 3 TDs on their next three possessions. They
did that behind some very strong defense led by JD Fuller and James
Seawright. USC lost the game down the stretch 42-28, but it was
James' "coming out" game. He was soon added to the starting lineup and
went on to receive several major awards at USC including National
All American. ...... THE MAN COULD PLAY !
Old 07-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #14
carabean
Walk On

Male

carabean has feathers coming incarabean has feathers coming incarabean has feathers coming in

Very sad to hear - RIP.

He was in a 9 am math class and I had a 10 am in the same class room in LeConte, so I'd see him 3 times a week as the classes swapped. You'd also see him in his Letterman's jacket on campus. He was kind of hard to miss - big guy. This was in 84-85.
carabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I am friends with one of James' HS coaches at Hillcrest and he said James was the kind of guy that would always step up and make a play when you needed it most. It also appears that he was that way in life. RIP to a Gamecock legend.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #16
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Seawright will always be remembered for this play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv5yB0qfGtQ

Go to the 1:35 mark. It will tell you all you need to know if you never saw him play.

Good memories but also sad that some of the guys in this video are no longer with us. Pitchko, Seawright, Mitchell.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
Colorado Cocksman
Walk On

Male

Colorado Cocksman has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Seawright will always be remembered for this play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv5yB0qfGtQ

Go to the 1:35 mark. It will tell you all you need to know if you never saw him play.

Good memories but also sad that some of the guys in this video are no longer with us. Pitchko, Seawright, Mitchell.
I'll never forget that hit. It set the tone for the rest of the season. I was on about the 3rd row in the stands, directly even with that play. RIP James. Thanks for the memories.
Colorado Cocksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #18
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cocksman View Post
I'll never forget that hit. It set the tone for the rest of the season. I was on about the 3rd row in the stands, directly even with that play. RIP James. Thanks for the memories.
I was in the East Upper for that game....... Still one of the best Defensive
Games I've seen the Gamecocks Play start to finish In my lifetime. The Fireant D was
AWESOME that night !
Old 07-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #19
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 300
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

RIP
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #20
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I was in the East Upper for that game....... Still one of the best Defensive
Games I've seen the Gamecocks Play start to finish In my lifetime. The Fireant D was
AWESOME that night !
That is was. I'll go with the 87' game against NC State, but UGA was certainly a much better opponent so that argument has serious merit. I've never in my lifetime seen a beating like that Black Death defense put on NC State. Also never seen any team as demoralized as they were the entire 2nd half. All that team wanted was for the game to be over.