CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cocky0
gamecockgal
Spurticus
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
2000grad
JohnnyB21
sanford
robgusc76
Gurley or Davis (1633)
Lattimore Sidelined (1632)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1183)
A house just blew up (603)
South Carolina Footb (517)
Marines confront fak (337)
Man Murders neighbor (232)
Ever been to Monaco? (148)
2014-15 Premier Leag (142)
Kick e'm Horns! (141)
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
college football match up
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Gators brag on Clowney
Ryan Wood leaving P&C
Gurley or Davis
Southern Miss player char
Name a Gamecock
Official SEC Network and

Old 06-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Breaking Bad -- CONTAINS SPOILERS

Anyone else watch the best show on TV?

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.

Last edited by TheMule; 10-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
Flips
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Breaking Bad

Not for another 9 months.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

The finale was fantastic, what an AMAZING season!
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #4
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material

Bryan Cranston is a great actor. Hard to believe it's the same guy who did comedy shows like "Seinfeld" and "Malcolm in the Middle".
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Not for another 9 months.
Yeah, that's the bad news. I didn't want to start a thread during the season since the show pretty much plays out like a long movie. While viewers could appreciate great writing and acting, it would be an injustice to start watching Breaking Bad anywhere but season 1 episode 1. My hope is that AMC doesn't drag the series out too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
The finale was fantastic, what an AMAZING season!
As intense as it was, they still managed to get some dark humor into it.
Walt: I'm going to need some assurance.
Mike: I assure you that I can kill you from here.

As good as the finale was, I thought the next to last episode was the best of the season and possibly the series. This season could have ended just as effectively when Walt told Jesse to "run."

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan n' 7 View Post
Bryan Cranston is a great actor. Hard to believe it's the same guy who did comedy shows like "Seinfeld" and "Malcolm in the Middle".
This role is so different from anything that I've seen him in that it took half a season to figure out where I'd seen him before. They did an overall fantastic job of casting Breaking Bad...Aaron Paul, G(can't spell it) Esposito, Jonathan Banks, and Bob Odenkirk are all fantastic but I doubt they could carry a series like Cranston does.

Need a lawyer...better call Saul. Check out the videos too.
http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

gt
Old 06-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
gamecockgregg
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1700
gamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudly

What is this show about and what makes it so great? I have seen it advertised as "the best show on television" but honestly the commercials never intrigued me enough to watch it.
gamecockgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
97srad750
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material

How many seasons in are they?
97srad750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
CockRocket99
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
CockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPitCockRocket99 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97srad750 View Post
How many seasons in are they?
I think its season 3.
CockRocket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

They just finished season 3. I've heard that Vince Gilligan said that he meant for the series to have 4 seasons, so the next might be the last.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgregg View Post
What is this show about and what makes it so great? I have seen it advertised as "the best show on television" but honestly the commercials never intrigued me enough to watch it.
Great casting/acting and great writing. Mad Men, which wins Emmys and Golden Globes, has been described as "slow burn" by several people. This would be Breaking Bad: You're camping and throw another log on your campfire. The impact of the log causes a small ember to fly into some dry grass nearby. You grab your blanket to beat out the fire but that just fans it and your blanket catches on fire. So you grab a container of water and pour it on the fire except that it's gasoline and not water.

Walter White could be your neighbor. Fifty year old high school chemistry teacher, married(his wife is expecting an unexcepted bundle of joy), teenage son(who has cerebral palsey), and is so far in debt that he has to work at a car wash after school. Then he finds out that he has inoperable lung cancer and is given less than two years to live. Almost by accident he discovers that one of his former students is running a meth lab and decides that it's his ticket to provide for his family after he dies.

The beauty of the show is how the characters develop and change as situations change because of Walt's decisions. While it's primarily a drama, it's also has very dark comedic elements. Starting anywhere but the first episode would be like going into a movie half way through it.

gt
Old 08-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
2001Maniac
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1250
2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons2001Maniac has developed his gaff and talons

Starting on disc one of season one tonight. Thank you Netflix.
2001Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

I'm so pumped for the last two episodes of this season.

Walt laughing hystericaly as he looks up from his figurative grave is the greatist / most haunting image of television i have ever seen.

I have a theory that Jesse gave the poison to Gus after he saw how poorly Mike was treated at the Mexican hospital. Jesse's loyalty has been shown to lie more with Walt and Mike but i'm just speculating at that.

Is anyone else a big fan and have any theory's about the final two episodes of this season?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post

Walt laughing hystericaly as he looks up from his figurative grave is the greatist / most haunting image of television i have ever seen.

I have a theory that Jesse gave the poison to Gus after he saw how poorly Mike was treated at the Mexican hospital. Jesse's loyalty has been shown to lie more with Walt and Mike but i'm just speculating at that.

Is anyone else a big fan and have any theory's about the final two episodes of this season?
Jokeresque. Reminded me of a combination of Nicholson's Joker when he first saw his disfigured face with the laugh and the camerawork looked like his body at the end of the movie.

My son's comment: "the official episode synopsis: Skyler's efforts to solve Ted's financial problems hit a wall."

I've about given up trying to figure out what's going to happen and just enjoy the ride. Before last night's episode there were so many ways the story could go and I didn't even think of what happened to Walt as one of them.

For your viewing pleasure, the Benneke flop:

http://i.imgur.com/6SlaD.gif

The dark humor returns...

gt
Old 09-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
Jokeresque. Reminded me of a combination of Nicholson's Joker when he first saw his disfigured face with the laugh and the camerawork looked like his body at the end of the movie.

My son's comment: "the official episode synopsis: Skyler's efforts to solve Ted's financial problems hit a wall."

I've about given up trying to figure out what's going to happen and just enjoy the ride. Before last night's episode there were so many ways the story could go and I didn't even think of what happened to Walt as one of them.

For your viewing pleasure, the Benneke flop:

http://i.imgur.com/6SlaD.gif

The dark humor returns...
Gale's music video is the funniest thing on the show, it was so out of left field. They do such a good job of adding things like that so the show isn't so heavy.

I figured you would comment because of the Los Pollos Hermanos Avatar.

Last edited by CarolinaBand; 09-26-2011 at 08:51 PM.
CarolinaBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

Quote:
Gaye's music video is the funniest thing on the show, it was so out of left field. They do such a good job of adding things like that so the show isn't so heavy.

I figured you would comment because of the Los Pollos Hermanos Avatar.
Gale was a freakin trip. I'm glad they found a way to include his character in a couple of episodes. Probably my favorite opening sequence is with the hooker Windy performing to the song Windy. I'm not going to post it because it might not be appropriate for the Watercooler but look it up on youtube and notice how the lyrics coincide with her actions. "who's bending down to give me a rainbow."... The writers don't miss a trick (just like Windy.)

gt
Old 09-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:

I was already simultaneaously horrified and laughing hysterically after Skyler told Walt she gave their money to Ted. When Walt started cacklng I was struck dumb by the awesomeness.

Last edited by GH; 09-26-2011 at 09:02 PM.
GH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

my only theory is its going to be awesome. at this point i cant even speculate what will happen next because just about everything has hit the fan. i loved the backstory for gustavo
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #18
The Dude
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000475
The Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot material

The episode this past Sunday was one of the best tv episodes I have ever seen, regardless of shows. My wife said the same thing...just powerful stuff, obviously a lot of well thought symbolism. Breaking Bad is the best show on cable.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #19
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

They do such a good job of character building that when the episodes kick into high gear, the effects and stakes are much more intensly felt.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

never seen an episode

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote