CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3186)
Juco QBs? (1173)
SDS grades the Furma (911)
we can STILL win the (905)
Auburn/USC point spr (783)
How do you want Aubu (676)
Whenever I Get Depre (658)
If the Head Ball Coa (514)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (328)
When did it change ? (245)
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Shamiek Sheppard (2014 Pr
If the Head Ball Coach re
Juco QBs?
Auburn/USC point spread
Cann tipping plays?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Just started playing &quo

Old 07-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Dodge Challenger Hellcat horse power released/General Hellcat information thread

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...-707-or-500-hp
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins
Default Re: Dodge Challenger Hellcat horse power released

Holy shit. Now I'm afraid to hear the price.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

- Rick H-

Old 07-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

awesome
Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #5
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Holy shit. Now I'm afraid to hear the price.
you know what they say about fancy restaurants, if you got ask the price, you can't afford it.....lol
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
you know what they say about fancy restaurants, if you got ask the price, you can't afford it.....lol
Shit I don't have to ask the price, I know I can't afford it, lol. Speculation has been anywhere from 60 to 80. I just wonder which it will be closer to.

- Rick H-

Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #7
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Any guess what it clocks in the 1/4 with the fob turned to the 707 HP?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Any guess what it clocks in the 1/4 with the fob turned to the 707 HP?
I would guess with street rubber, good hook and someone that knows what they're doing maybe low 11's. With DR's, would it be possible for it to get in the 10's??? That would be cool!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #9
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
I would guess with street rubber, good hook and someone that knows what they're doing maybe low 11's. With DR's, would it be possible for it to get in the 10's??? That would be cool!
I'd be embarrassed if it wasn't considering the 991 911 turbo has been clocked in the high 10s.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #10
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Rumor is 10.90 off the trailer

- Rick H-

Old 07-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
I'd be embarrassed if it wasn't considering the 991 911 turbo has been clocked in the high 10s.
That car also weighs 800 pounds less and has awd.

- Rick H-

Old 07-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
lencho30
KOLA

Male

lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well, considering the Viper SRT goes in low-mid 11's, weighs 500lbs less than the Hellcat and just 60hp-50 lb-ft difference, I wouldn't be too embarassed. Like RG said, weight and AWD make a big difference
Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Seems to get on pretty well.

- Rick H-

Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #14
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Quote:
Well, considering the Viper SRT goes in low-mid 11's, weighs 500lbs less than the Hellcat and just 60hp-50 lb-ft difference, I wouldn't be too embarassed. Like RG said, weight and AWD make a big difference
Oh, it also costs 200K dollars.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._s_first_test/

I'd say a 70K dollar Dodge that can hang with it in the straights is right damn impressive.

- Rick H-

Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #15
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

This is pretty cool.

Quote:
Because owners might not want to trust just anyone with 707 horsepower, the SRT Hellcat will come with two key separate "keyless ignition" key fobs to start the car. A red key fob will enable the driver to use the Hellcat's full power potential while drivers given the black key fob will only be able to unleash up to 500 horsepower.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/02/auto...enger-hellcat/
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #16
lencho30
KOLA

Male

Quote:
That would be awesome!!! I could see it, but I think an owner would pull low 11's from the get go until he gets the hang of things. Iwork with a guy that has an srt8 392 and he has a few upgrades! Some of the stuff that computer does is crazy!! He took me for a quick ride and it was wild! He said it would cut his lightnings azz ! He also owns a shelby gt 500! He wants to sellvthat and says it is just too much. Says the hp is ridiculous!!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
That would be awesome!!! I could see it, but I think an owner would pull low 11's from the get go until he gets the hang of things. Iwork with a guy that has an srt8 392 and he has a few upgrades! Some of the stuff that computer does is crazy!! He took me for a quick ride and it was wild! He said it would cut his lightnings azz ! He also owns a shelby gt 500! He wants to sellvthat and says it is just too much. Says the hp is ridiculous!!
Shelbys are barely streetable. Awesome but hard to use. The hellcat has a very sophisticated launch control. Like 1.7, 1.8 60 ft all day with the A8. Gonna be a beast for sure.

- Rick H-

Old 07-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
yep, people are saying 10.9 or slightly better with the manual trans on stock rubber and 10.4 or slightly better with the automatic 8 speed on stock rubber. No rumors other than sheer speculation on price, but IMHO it needs to hit a base price under $60 to stay competitive with the competition (GT500 and ZL1), as both of those start at around 55-56...they jump out there at a $75K starting price and they are going to lose a lot of sales (relatively speaking here) because you know that Ford or Chevy arent going to be behind in the horsepower war for long.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
yep, people are saying 10.9 or slightly better with the manual trans on stock rubber and 10.4 or slightly better with the automatic 8 speed on stock rubber. No rumors other than sheer speculation on price, but IMHO it needs to hit a base price under $60 to stay competitive with the competition (GT500 and ZL1), as both of those start at around 55-56...they jump out there at a $75K starting price and they are going to lose a lot of sales (relatively speaking here) because you know that Ford or Chevy arent going to be behind in the horsepower war for long.
Yeah. They certainly impressed on the hp, hopefully they don't disappoint on the price. At 60, I'm maybe one good promotion away from being willing to eat Totinos pizzas for every meal for the next few years. There's been talk of 79 though. It just isn't an 80K dollar car.

- Rick H-

Old 07-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #20
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:

Seems to get on pretty well.
It sure sounds great...I think I'm in love
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote