CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
CockpetBagger
2000grad
Captain9Dragons
Ericvol2096
6pack
J-Man
Cockypantherfan
Spurticus
ChunkSnackwell
Scary Insight into S (2829)
BEST TV SITCOM: Next (707)
Lottery winner inves (308)
TV advice (277)
2017 - Jordon Carty (277)
On my way up to Colu (275)
The Pursuit of Happi (270)
Surround sound quest (145)
Need 2 or 4 tickets (12)
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti
Scary Insight into Spurri
2017 - Jordon Carty
Surround sound question
2018 - Dakereon Joyner
Women's bb pro am .
2017 - Naytron Culpepper
The Pursuit of Happiness
2017 - T.J. Moore
Columbia Fireflies

Old 06-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
xXSirSpurXx
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
xXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudlyxXSirSpurXx is crowing loudly
Default 2017 Commitment - Zay Brown

Safety from Athens, GA offered by SC today.

http://247sports.com/Player/Zay-Brown-76515

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...?colleges=show
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
CockyCody
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 42756
CockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPitCockyCody rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2017 - Zay Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
With his current offers and with who he has lined up for visits, I can't see why he didn't jump on the offer the minute it was given. Perhaps he is holding out and hoping UGA might offer.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #3
gotrice?
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6190
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
With his current offers and with who he has lined up for visits, I can't see why he didn't jump on the offer the minute it was given. Perhaps he is holding out and hoping UGA might offer.
Most recruits don't commit on the spot even if it is the best offer at the time. Most wait and see for a bit and try to make sure that the school they commit to is the right fit. Remember for them this is where they spend the next 3-5 years of their lives.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
Clarke Central is literally in UGA's shadow...I think it is actually two or three blocks from the campus. If Kirby Smart is a man of his word of locking down GA, it will be hard to get kids out of Clarke Central. I can say from watching, the school has no shortage of athletes.

AFter watching his film, UGA would be smart to offer...let's hope they aren't.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2573451/...ghts/220443377
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #5
Ironfan
Walk On

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan has earned his spursIronfan has earned his spursIronfan has earned his spursIronfan has earned his spursIronfan has earned his spursIronfan has earned his spurs

kid is fast
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #6
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

CockyCash: 1000375616
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Clarke Central is literally in UGA's shadow...I think it is actually two or three blocks from the campus. If Kirby Smart is a man of his word of locking down GA, it will be hard to get kids out of Clarke Central. I can say from watching, the school has no shortage of athletes.

AFter watching his film, UGA would be smart to offer...let's hope they aren't.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2573451/...ghts/220443377
I don't see Georgia offering a kid that Georgia State offered first.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #7
gotrice?
2nd Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't see Georgia offering a kid that Georgia State offered first.
All depends. For all we know he could blow up his senior season.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #8
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
All depends. For all we know he could blow up his senior season.
I guess anything is possible.....
Old 06-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #9
gotrice?
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I guess anything is possible.....
You see it happen every season. Teams like Bama and UGA and Ohio St go ahead and take kids who had sparse offer lists just a couple months prior but blew up late in the process.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #10
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 437
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

We have a connection here. The last big-time DB from Clarke Central - who was also not offered by UGA - was Dunta Robinson. Come on Zay!
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #11
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
You see it happen every season. Teams like Bama and UGA and Ohio St go ahead and take kids who had sparse offer lists just a couple months prior but blew up late in the process.
not often.....their classes are usually filled with top rated national recruits.
does that mean Ga won't offer this kid, no......just not likely.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #12
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
not often.....their classes are usually filled with top rated national recruits.
does that mean Ga won't offer this kid, no......just not likely.
It happens more than you think, especially with UGA. They focus on the national guys early but have holes in their classes that they try to fill late with in-state guys. They assume that a UGA offer will move them to the top of the list automatically.

I know that UGA made a late push for Darius English and I believe BAW as well. Those are guys that we got, I am sure there are several that they were able to turn - I try to forget about them. I know they picked up a WR late in this last cycle that we were involved with.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #13
CocksOnTop
Recruit

Male

CocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
It happens more than you think, especially with UGA. They focus on the national guys early but have holes in their classes that they try to fill late with in-state guys. They assume that a UGA offer will move them to the top of the list automatically.

I know that UGA made a late push for Darius English and I believe BAW as well. Those are guys that we got, I am sure there are several that they were able to turn - I try to forget about them. I know they picked up a WR late in this last cycle that we were involved with.
Riley Ridley right before NSD...still a little salty about that one
CocksOnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #14
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksOnTop View Post
Him too. Javon Wims was actually the guy that I was thinking of - JUCO WR.

So, yeah, UGA picks up a lot of kids late in the cycle - including lower-rated guys that we are after.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #15
b381l
Jersey Retired

Male

Quote:
Ridley was a 4* national recruit......nothing like Brown.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #16
Master Bedroom
Household Name

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
We have a connection here. The last big-time DB from Clarke Central - who was also not offered by UGA - was Dunta Robinson. Come on Zay!
Believe Martay Mattox was from CCHS also
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #17
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Committed.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #18
CocksOnTop
Recruit

Male

CocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudlyCocksOnTop is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2017 Commitment - Zay Brown

Not a big fan
Old 06-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #19
CocksOnTop
Recruit

Male

I think champ saw on opportunity to establish a foothold in UGA's backyard and took it. Idk about the actual talent level of this kid.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #20
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think champ saw on opportunity to establish a foothold in UGA's backyard and took it. Idk about the actual talent level of this kid.
Camp kid. Put him through the gauntlet and he did very well. I don't have a problem taking kids like that. Good size too.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote