CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
robgusc76
cocks are us
El Cid Ranger
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
jellafever
johnnyb
GarnetSwarm1990
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2064)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (957)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (829)
Herbstreit on " (819)
Little know stat (We (776)
SEC QB's in the Red (775)
Gamecockology Helms (704)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (647)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (409)
Where do you like to (339)
Tennessee - South Carolin
SEC QB's in the Red Zone
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Uniforms for Tenn
Gamecockology Helms
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
Halo: Master Chief Collec
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 07-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material
Default SEC Nation broadcast team

Tim Tebow, Paul Finebaum, Joe Tessitore and Marcus Spears will host this show on SEC Network.

Personally I cannot stand 50% of this lineup, the two on the left.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Nation broadcast team

Looks like I won't be watching much of that show.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Paul Finebaum, or drink some lye... hmmmmmmmm, let me think.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

PAAAWWWWWLLLLL

IF THE TIDE WAS PLAYIN IN THE WORLD CUP WOULD THEY STILL BE THE FAVORITES AND HOW WOULD THAT EFFECT THE BCS RANKINGS.

I'll hang up and listen.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

I like Tessitore. Can't stand Finebaum. Tebow is ok. Don't know enough about Marcus Spears as a broadcaster to make any judgement on him yet.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 View Post
I like Tessitore. Can't stand Finebaum. Tebow is ok. Don't know enough about Marcus Spears as a broadcaster to make any judgement on him yet.
Yeah, I think Tessitore is great. I can't imagine Tebow being any good as a broadcaster because, well, I've heard him speak. Some people have it, some don't. I don't have a clue about Spears. Finebaum is a sideshow clown. Teaming him with a true professional like Tessitore could either work really well or absolutely bomb.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

that guy paul, not a fan at all.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #8
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

This is going to get great ratings.

Whoever chose this group did a great job.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #9
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

To be fair whoever made the decision to put that team together probably did so after a one night bender.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #10
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Should have gotten Garcia instead of Tebow.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #11
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
To be fair whoever made the decision to put that team together probably did so after a one night bender.
2 of the largest names in SEC football and one of ESPNs best Voices.

Agreed why the hell is Marcus Spears on this.

Last edited by B-G; 07-03-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #12
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Yeah, I think Tessitore is great. I can't imagine Tebow being any good as a broadcaster because, well, I've heard him speak. Some people have it, some don't. I don't have a clue about Spears. Finebaum is a sideshow clown. Teaming him with a true professional like Tessitore could either work really well or absolutely bomb.
Yep I agree on Tebow, he doesn't seem comfortable in the booth at all. Should be interesting that's for sure.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #13
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:

Dripping with sarcasm.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #14
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

You guys need to listen to Tebow's coverage during the National Title game last year. I think they had it on ESPNU or ESPN2, it was 3-4 guys sitting around a table, watching the game and making commentary on it. He was good, broke things down very well. Nothing to complain about here.

But yeah Finebaum is a joke.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #15
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
Dripping with sarcasm.
I'm not being sarcastic at all.

Tebow and Paul are two of the most polarizing personalities in SEC football.

People may hate them, but they will still tune in.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #16
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm not being sarcastic at all.

Tebow and Paul are two of the most polarizing personalities in SEC football.

People may hate them, but they will still tune in.
I don't mind tim. Paul can suck it. not to familiar with the others. Unless they are broadcasting a game I probably wont tune in. Paul is that annoying. worse than Vern.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #17
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

They did what any network would do. Draw viewers. People will tune in to see Tebow and Finebaum. Spears is a former SEC player. Is it a coincidence they picked people from 3 of the largest SEC fanbases (Bama, Fla, LSU)? Probably not, but pretty smart on their part.

Agree with Gyle^, Tessitore is the only one of that group that I know I like...which is disappointing.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #18
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
I don't mind tim. Paul can suck it. not to familiar with the others. Unless they are broadcasting a game I probably wont tune in. Paul is that annoying. worse than Vern.

Can you imagine if Verne and Tebow were on the same broadcast team? Verne wouldn't be able to keep his eyes on the camera.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #19
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
They did what any network would do. Draw viewers. People will tune in to see Tebow and Finebaum. Spears is a former SEC player. Is it a coincidence they picked people from 3 of the largest SEC fanbases (Bama, Fla, LSU)? Probably not, but pretty smart on their part.

Agree with Gyle^, Tessitore is the only one of that group that I know I like...which is disappointing.
This.

Espn isn't stupid. This isn't for "hard hitting analysis" this is to get people to watch and get them more views.