CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
DontTreadOnMe
eatlighting
kevhugh
GamecockGirl23
ACPhilson
Cockypantherfan
OriginalGamecock
CockyCody
MDrock
Blackland
Mitch taunting (5468)
Bottom line: Defense (4095)
Positional regrades (3152)
Ugly win .... but a (2298)
Shon Carson (1997)
Postgame musings (1968)
Bank of America Stad (1812)
Dylan Thompson playi (1569)
Mitch's 1st start on (1526)
Congrats on the win (1352)
LSUFreek GIF of Shon
Anyone who thinks that UN
Ugly win .... but a win
The most exciting takeawa
SIAP: Film Breakdown on S
Upstate Radio
Isaiah Johnson is the Rea
Rivalry in college footba
2016 Commitment - Bryan E
Bank of America Stadium t

Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
jesse james
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs
Default What's going on "here"?

Can someone explain what's up with the "HERE" on all the tickets?

If you haven't received your season tickets yet, this won't make any sense to you, but each ticket has a white band running through the background with the word "HERE" on it in huge bold font? And it's not like it's subtly done . . . I dont get it?
jesse james is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
Slacker USC
OG

Male

CockyCash: 705
Slacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Slacker USC
Default Re: What's going on "here"?

It's the new ad campaign by the athletic department. Meh.

http://therubberchickensblog.com/201...-video-review/
Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #3
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I think it's a pretty cool ad/marketing campaign. Different from most schools, and the videos have been pretty good IMO.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPit

Here, we have the Ole' Ball Coach; and you don't...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #5
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Here we believe a blue collar and a garnet heart can take you places you never thought possible.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #6
Storm Of Spurs
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I think it's a pretty cool ad/marketing campaign. Different from most schools, and the videos have been pretty good IMO.
This.
Storm Of Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #7
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Here, our Student Section makes Williams-Brice the rowdiest venue in college football...until halftime.

...I kid, I kid.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
SECgamecock453
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Because we have too many students from Maryland, NJ, etc that just don't give a crap about football. It's a social event about who can drink the most throughout the day and most can't make it through a game. Yes I tailgate and yes I drink a lot when I tailgate but never have I left a game early. They don't appreciate their perks... oh how I wish I was still a student.
SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #9
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
spurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudlyspurfan93 is crowing loudly

I just think the whole thing is cheesy.

"Here, we're raised to never back down!" Really??

Whatever happened to just showing highlights and players like the other 99% of schools do? Do we need an old creepy voice telling us how we "have garnet in our SOUL!!"?
Old 08-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #10
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I like the Here campaign...Classy and will pump you up a bit.....Different from most other schools....Like the well used All In campaigns....Very refreshing and original...
Old 08-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #11
cockybreeyan
Banned

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

eh, I think it's trite and kinda lame
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #12
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Lame

Like every other publicity stunt

Only Clemson should do publicity stunts, they specialize in them
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #13
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Personally I LIKE it. I think ANYTHING showing our crowd is awesome. The ONLY better than watching that video is BEING in Willy B on gamedays.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:09 AM   #14
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Because we have too many students from Maryland, NJ, etc that just don't give a crap about football. It's a social event about who can drink the most throughout the day and most can't make it through a game. Yes I tailgate and yes I drink a lot when I tailgate but never have I left a game early. They don't appreciate their perks... oh how I wish I was still a student.
Go away
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #15
Swick63
Walk On

Male

Swick63 has feathers coming inSwick63 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
New season. Same Gripes.
Swick63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #16
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

highstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudlyhighstick is crowing loudly

That's to distinguish between "here and there", meaning "home and away"! Sometimes we have fans that "just don't get it"!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
rabid cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 10337
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
That's to distinguish between "here and there", meaning "home and away"! Sometimes we have fans that "just don't get it"!
Exactly.....the inference is You are playing here.....where an eighteen game home winning streak prevails.......

You will lose!
(message to enemy ticket holders)

You are in the Brice. (message to us Cocks)
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Tough crowd
Old 08-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #19
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

It's a good campaign when you see the whole spot. If you see the word "HERE" plastered on the football tickets and other places, and you have never seen the other elements of the campaign, it is confusing and silly. It's beautiful creative work but the execution wasn't thought through very well.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #20
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Great video! It seems some of you bitch about everything!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote