CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
Rebel4ever
gamecockgal
uscjeremynca
TAFC 5 1981
PSU drops a prospect (1922)
Mizzou WR suspended (960)
John Abraham DUI (706)
Re-Airing South Caro (655)
Best Offensive " (641)
Rokevious Watkins cu (555)
Clemson, Auburn home (442)
Blake McClain (393)
Fall Camp. (344)
What ever happened t (324)
Green and Lammons
Blake McClain
What ever happened to Phi
An Aggies View of the Mat
College Football Playoff:
PSU drops a prospect beca
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite

View Poll Results: Poll About the Thread
I don't understand this thread but it is the funniest read this side of Lewis Grizzard. 2 7.14%
Wow, That first option is gratuitously long but I like it. 2 7.14%
"That's what she said!" I said when I saw the second option. I love this thread. 5 17.86%
I love the thread but dislike GH and his transparent cries for attention. 3 10.71%
I hate this thread and GH. Ten Options????!!!! TEN???? WTF??? 2 7.14%
I like polls but I dislike making decisions so don't count this vote but I was here. 3 10.71%
I didn't even waste time reading this shit. 6 21.43%
More please. 2 7.14%
"That's what she said." 5 17.86%
None of the above. 5 17.86%
I was here. 14 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Crashbox...Masterpiece by-the-numbers...In Suites

The Old Lion
I was looking at the television this morning.
“I have HDTV and Satellite…”
I wondered whether the video quality was bad.
Maybe it is the weather.
I then realized I did not have on my glasses.
I am not as quick as I once was.

Alright so I find my glasses and settle down for
some NFL pregame or The Sports Reporters
but there is a NFL network commercial on
Hey, you know that song that plays in the
background of one of those commercials
It is called “Snatch and Grab It” and is performed
By Julia Lee. See the YouTube Clip here and you
Will instantly know the song:

This song was from 1946
It is a pretty good song and I imagine it was a hot
Album in the juke joints around that time
Your granddad probably got wasted in the clubs
To this after returning from World War II
In fact, this would have come out right at the end of WWII
Back then they had strong morality norms
But make no mistake, this song is totally about
Sex. She is saying that you can snatch is in the
Morning and afternoon, hell snatch it anytime and
It will be okay…she is talking about giving herself to
Your granddad anytime he felt the need
She was probably the Beyonce of her day

…or it is maybe about Fame and opportunity…
Old 10-31-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
GH
Moonocababa

Male

GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Crashbox...Masterpiece by-the-numbers...In Suites

I forgot to get candy to give to trick-or-treaters this year but I don't want to be known as the neighborhood douchebag so I put a bowl on my front porch rocking chair with a note that says "Please Take One"
Old 10-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
GH
Moonocababa

Male

I was thinking about philosopher as modern (last 20 years) comedians....don't really know why...

Socrates = Jerry Seinfield

Sartre = Louis C. K.

Nietzesche = Eddie Murphy

Liebniz = Steven Wright

and so on...
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 AM   #5
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I forgot to get candy to give to trick-or-treaters this year but I don't want to be known as the neighborhood douchebag so I put a bowl on my front porch rocking chair with a note that says "Please Take One"

Well, I guess I'm one of the neighborhood douchebags because I didn't give out candy, nor did I put some on my front porch. Boo on me!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Well, I guess I'm one of the neighborhood douchebags because I didn't give out candy, nor did I put some on my front porch. Boo on me!

it is kinda freeing but the neighbors won't help when it is time to move....

....or maybe they will be overly enthusiatic

I am somewhat worried about my house for another recent discovery....

the closet door in my living room is found ajar more often than not....

,...I have only noticed it over the last week and a half....

....when I notice that it is open, I close it...I don't even look inside...

...I think what is happening is the weather has gotten much colder and this is having some weird effect on the dimensions and mechanics of the domicile...

I would hate to consider any other possiblility...ANY OTHER POSSIBILTY....the least of which would be pure irony of the ghost of some deceased person in my living room...

...the worst of which would be some bum taking residence in my closet to either get out of the snow....

.....OR watch me from the closet, get my mannerisms and routine down cold, kill me and assume my identity....

....also, some of my underwear is missing ...

Please take time and give blood this winter...You could give someone or multiple people the ultimate gift...the gift of life...It only takes an hour and it will actually make you feel better call teh redcross or go to a recross location today....
Old 12-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
GH
Moonocababa

Male

It has been a long time since i've typed "titties" into Google.

Update: There is a site, http://www.toptitties.com/ , that is by turns glorious and horrific.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 AM   #8
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Misadventures of Pam and Scott Johnson - episode 1
The episode about Pam's French ex-boyfriend, a coming blizzard, and Scott jealousy fueled machismo - which actually saves the couple and their neighbors in very specific yet unintentionally well prepared ways.
GH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #9
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Hey self, remember to right that post about the thought you are having right now..it is the thought about the way humans will be rewired to think...will al the world's knowledge at the average 1st world citizen's fingertips, we may go away from being used to retaining information the way we do now...our memories and thoughts may be stored and accessed differently as we continue to use technology and gather information in the convenient ways we do....talk about how this may actually stifle the deliberate thought processes that used to happen when taking days and months to fully evaluate a subject one is interested in...we will more and more go to ready to digest sources with links and be over the subject in a day...will it stay in our minds?....will it continue to interest or follow us to bed when we are processing lingering ideas and notions?...or will we move ever closer to copying the information, placing the information in that area we wanted to fill then moving to something else...it seems like we get an awful lot of things done in shorter amounts of time...thats how we make the passage of time...from the earliest days of prerecorded history to now....epoch, eras, ages - all marked by a beginning an end in which distinct jumps in efficiency and speed changes the status quo - we will continue to fill our days with more work and more productivity - likely by individuals working in compartments (in tangable ways and in the forwarding of ideas and information) or specializing in repetitive actions and tasks....the society will move forward and be ever more productive...but in a way humans may become dumber or at least much more shallowthinkers....who are unparallel researchers and googlers....

I guess those are more than one idea and require a more organized and thought out writing....so just remember to not forget it...you can probably find some work already done on these ideas and copy it from wikipedia or a published journal...
Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 AM   #10
clemson sucks
6'0" 180

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks

Quote:
Hey self, remember to right that post about the thought you are having right now..it is the thought about the way humans will be rewired to think...will al the world's knowledge at the average 1st world citizen's fingertips, we may go away from being used to retaining information the way we do now...our memories and thoughts may be stored and accessed differently as we continue to use technology and gather information in the convenient ways we do....talk about how this may actually stifle the deliberate thought processes that used to happen when taking days and months to fully evaluate a subject one is interested in...we will more and more go to ready to digest sources with links and be over the subject in a day...will it stay in our minds?....will it continue to interest or follow us to bed when we are processing lingering ideas and notions?...or will we move ever closer to copying the information, placing the information in that area we wanted to fill then moving to something else...it seems like we get an awful lot of things done in shorter amounts of time...thats how we make the passage of time...from the earliest days of prerecorded history to now....epoch, eras, ages - all marked by a beginning an end in which distinct jumps in efficiency and speed changes the status quo - we will continue to fill our days with more work and more productivity - likely by individuals working in compartments (in tangable ways and in the forwarding of ideas and information) or specializing in repetitive actions and tasks....the society will move forward and be ever more productive...but in a way humans may become dumber or at least much more shallowthinkers....who are unparallel researchers and googlers....

I guess those are more than one idea and require a more organized and thought out writing....so just remember to not forget it...you can probably find some work already done on these ideas and copy it from wikipedia or a published journal...
You should read this if you haven't already.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...s-stupid/6868/
clemson sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 AM   #11
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson sucks View Post
You should read this if you haven't already.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...s-stupid/6868/

Wow Nicholas Carr pretty much covered it. Ironically, I would feel like my time would be somewhat wasted trying to go more in depth.

Quote:
the Net seems to be doing is chipping away my capacity for concentration and contemplation. My mind now expects to take in information the way the Net distributes it: in a swiftly moving stream of particles. Once I was a scuba diver in the sea of words. Now I zip along the surface like a guy on a Jet Ski.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Ever go on an eating frenzy?

I mean the type of frenzy in which you just might prepare and eat everything in your refrigerator in the course of a few hours.

Oh, you haven't?

I have.

Let me tell you this. The eating frenzy is not only about the hunger in your belly but another type of hunger altogether.

As you race against your self diginity to put away as much food as you can see and defrost, you are now controlled by your greed and animal instincts.

There is no good reason to eat a few peanut butter sandwiches while you wait for your fries to oven bake.

That pound of bacon in the fridge? Gone.

That tub of ice cream? Opened and destroyed.

The prologue of this disgusting display of over indulgence is always the same.

Near comatose self loathing with a light topping of guilty pleasure.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #13
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ever go on an eating frenzy?

I mean the type of frenzy in which you just might prepare and eat everything in your refrigerator in the course of a few hours.

Oh, you haven't?

I have.

Let me tell you this. The eating frenzy is not only about the hunger in your belly but another type of hunger altogether.

As you race against your self diginity to put away as much food as you can see and defrost, you are now controlled by your greed and animal instincts.

There is no good reason to eat a few peanut butter sandwiches while you wait for your fries to oven bake.

That pound of bacon in the fridge? Gone.

That tub of ice cream? Opened and destroyed.

The prologue of this disgusting display of over indulgence is always the same.

Near comatose self loathing with a light topping of guilty pleasure.

Ok, yes - I can admit that I've gone on a frenzy, but my definition of an eating frenzy is probably alot different than most because I don't eat alot anyway so my frenzies are actually eating 3 meals a day, plus snacks and desserts - more than one dessert - and eating late into the evening. That happens maybe once every 6 months. I don't know why it happens, but I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it's an "animal instinct" that is inside most of us. And again you are correct when you say that when all is said & done, I am left with "self loathing with a light topping of guilty pleasure".
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Are you in this picture? I am.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1346224873

Don't worry...it is legit...I wouldn't steer you wong...I meant to say wrong....

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
I am lying in bed and I just had a wonderful idea...I do most of my best creative thinking at bedtime when trying to dose off...apparently my brain tries to catch up on various sensual input it received through the day in order to see if the information needs to go into long-term memory, short-term memory, or be handle in some wierd, abstract way in a dreamscape...But in this time between sleep and fully alert, I have awesome ideas...I think...I know I forget 95% of them....maybe they weren't worth keeping....though I'd still argue the oposite...but that's neither here nor there...the point is, I think my best bet would be to start keeping a pen and paper beside the bed so when I get these little nuggets of fantastic work (again maybe I am overselling it - I don't even remember them after a night's slumber)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

I wonder how many times I thought of this great idea to keep the pen an paper beside the bed?...oh well...that won't happen again....thanks thread....
Old 02-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
GH
Moonocababa

Male

ahhh man, today was pretty nice. The weather warmed up to 45 degrees so I decided to go for a run after my push-ups and sit-ups. I went out 16 minutes and then did sprint/walks on the way back to my house. It really felt good to get outdoors after avoiding the elements most of the winter. Even with my job it was tough to find reason to stay out unless there was coats and hats involved. Today was like a surprise spring day. There is still snow on the ground so I kept to the road surface and watched for black ice and water. The dogs in the neighborhood are still out and barking - including one black dog that had no leash and was behind no fence. It stared, barked and growled as I jogged past. I kept my head low and avoided eye contact with the canine, however, I was not too worried about an attack because I knew that it was not a pitt bull.

Got back home without incident and found that the gamecocks indeed cameback and made a game of it against the bulldogs before losing 56-60.

I am 9lbs away from my goal of 179lbs.

I am currently listening to Matt and Kim's Daylight:

I am reading Jimmy Buffet's The Man from Margarittaville Revealed

My last facebook update is about me taking a roadtrip east (postponed)
GH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
GH
Moonocababa

Male

The last two weeks have been very busy; My crew picked up a new cycle and we are in red phase. I have slept overnight at work a few times and I also have toiletries and snacks in my office. Before the cycle began, I bought 5 boxes of Frosted Flakes, Peanut Butter, Almond Milk and Granola Bars. These items are great because on days we are outside for long amounts of time, I know to put a few bars and a bag of cereal in my pack.

Another thing about the cereal - I love frosted flakes. It is one of my comfort foods. When I am stressed or lack time and energy, I grab a bowl or four and feel so much better afterwards. Today was a three-bowl day as I had to deal with bad weather, my trainees were facing one of the first big tests of their time here, and it is Ash Wednesday so we had to make sure we got the guys to Catholic Mass while also making time for cleaning, and prep for the next few days.

I have decided to make a major switch though. I will try to not buy anymore boxes of Frosted Flakes. I am switching to Corn Flakes as soon as I run out of the Frosted ones (i have half a box left).

I think this will be good for me because of the large difference in sugar content.

All I really need to do is switch to corn flakes and stay with the almond butter and I can continue to snack away without all the guilt of 12g of sugar per serving.

I am currently listening to:

Bow Down - Westside Connection
Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #17
GH
Moonocababa

Male

When there is a box of assorted doughnuts, I usually pick out a jelly doughnu with no sprinkle or frosting.

I eat around the jelly.

Then thrw the jely portion away.

I now realize I should have just picked the plain doughnut that everyone avoids.

My values are out of wack....
Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Oh Shit.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #19
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #20
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

wth

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote