CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
tcmac08
rosstheboss
JerseyBird
Latti
Hoodrow Wilson
Travelin
The Yancey
FLCock89
usc51
catdaddy66
Spurrier has made So (820)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (607)
John Chavis is suing (544)
Dawn Staley: Putting (493)
Future OOC schedulin (473)
Three Gamecocks reds (207)
**USC vs. Mississipp (205)
UFC 184: "Rowdy (145)
Shave and a haircut (125)
Incredible saves by (93)
ALL CONNOR SHAW DISCUSSIO
Three Gamecocks redshirts
**USC vs. Clemson GAME #2
Nosovitch back at QB per
Ps4 for sale
Saturday's game...
Future OOC scheduling
The Order 1886
**USC vs. Mississippi Sta
UFC 184: "Rowdy"

Old 02-01-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
Storm Of Spurs
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material
Default Transfer - QB Connor Brewer

QB who has spent time at both Texas and most recently Arizona who has recently graduated and been granted his release to immediately play his final two years of eligibility elsewhere.

Texas message boards seem to think that we are after him pretty heavily and they are saying we have already got him set up to make an OV to Columbia soon after NSD.

Part of the class of 2012 he was a 94 rated 4-star out of Chaparral HS in Scottsdale, AZ and was rated the #4 pro-style QB nationally by 24/7 and was #154 in their top 247 list.

He had offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas and Texas A&M.

Just wondering if anybody had any further insight into our possible chances or if we are actually pursuing him as hard as Texas folks seem to think.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:26 AM   #2
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

CockyCash: 405
gamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudlygamecox3 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Transfer - QB Connor Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Of Spurs View Post
QB who has spent time at both Texas and most recently Arizona who has recently graduated and been granted his release to immediately play his final two years of eligibility elsewhere.

Texas message boards seem to think that we are after him pretty heavily and they are saying we have already got him set up to make an OV to Columbia soon after NSD.

Part of the class of 2012 he was a 94 rated 4-star out of Chaparral HS in Scottsdale, AZ and was rated the #4 pro-style QB nationally by 24/7 and was #154 in their top 247 list.

He had offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas and Texas A&M.

Just wondering if anybody had any further insight into our possible chances or if we are actually pursuing him as hard as Texas folks seem to think.
His dad is one of the people claiming that South Carolina is bringing him in after signing day.
"C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #3
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000032205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Of Spurs View Post

did he play any at either of those two schools.....not a very good sign if he has already transferred once.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Maybe he figures that QBs named Connor need to play here.
Here is a little info about him.
013: Served as scout team quarterback as transfer rules required him to sit for the season. Before Arizona: Redshirted the 2012 season at Texas … Member of the UT Athletic Director’s and President’s Honor Roll.
High School: Led Chaparral to three 5A state championships as starting quarterback … An UnderArmour All-American and the starting QB for the West team … Logged a varsity record of 41-2 with 100 touchdown passes and 3,000 passing yards, both Chaparral records … 2012 Arizona Republic All-State … Two-time all-state and three-time all-area selection … Member of ESPNU's top 150 national prospects … Ranked as the seventh-best quarterback and 130th-best overall prospect by ESPNU ... Ranked as the 25th-best overall prospect by the Sporting News ... Only quarterback in Arizona history to win three state championships … Completed 441-of-686 passes (64%) for 7,574 yards and 100 TDs over his final three seasons … Named to the 2011 Elite 11, recognizing the top high school quarterbacks in the nation ... Given the Danny White Award as a senior, recognizing the top quarterback in Arizona … Second-team selection on MaxPreps Junior All-America team ... Third-team selection on the ESPN RISE Junior All-America team … Member of the National Honor Society
Personal: Son of Robert and Deborah Brewer … Brothers, Charles and Chase, played baseball at UCLA and with the Arizona Diamond Backs … Sister, Abby, plays volleyball at Tennessee … Sister, Ashley, swims at USC and qualified for the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials in the backstroke.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewA...CLID=209221898
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4860120
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I thought he was going back to texas. He left because ash beat him out. Went to Arizona theN Rich rod came and he doesn't fit that system. Now ash is done because of concussions he was going back
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #6
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
did he play any at either of those two schools.....not a very good sign if he has already transferred once.
What you said. Only thing I can think of though is a what-if kind of thing, you are a pro-style qb at Arizona, then they hire RichRod, and you are not going to fit into his offense.

But I think RichRod has been at Arizona longer than this kid has been out of High School.

So why did he go to Arizona in the first place, after leaving Texas? Assuming that was his situation.

If we got a transfer I'd much rather have Golson. Of course a lot of teams want him.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #7
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Pro style QB and transferred to Arizona? Not exactly the style Rich Rod is looking for.

I don't know anything about this kid but I wouldn't mind bringing him in, since it said he has 2 years left to play. I hate 1 year fixes but a possible 2 year started is something I like. However, I won't believe we are pursuing him until I hear he is actually on campus.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #8
cujo63
Walk On

Male

cujo63 is sharpening his clawscujo63 is sharpening his clawscujo63 is sharpening his clawscujo63 is sharpening his clawscujo63 is sharpening his claws

It would be nice to have him, but if it's true we are pursuing this guy, does this speak at all toward a lack of faith in Our current QB candidates?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #9
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
If we got a transfer I'd much rather have Golson.
Why? Did you watch him throughout his time at ND? I will never understand why so many want this kid. Also he is a one year fix.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #10
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo63 View Post
It would be nice to have him, but if it's true we are pursuing this guy, does this speak at all toward a lack of faith in Our current QB candidates?
While I agree with your premise, but to play Devils advocate, couldn't you say that about any recruit you bring in? The idea is that every recruit you bring in to replace the current guy, even if the current kid is a true freshman.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #11
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4860120
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Pro style QB and transferred to Arizona? Not exactly the style Rich Rod is looking for.

I don't know anything about this kid but I wouldn't mind bringing him in, since it said he has 2 years left to play. I hate 1 year fixes but a possible 2 year started is something I like. However, I won't believe we are pursuing him until I hear he is actually on campus.
I think he was just looking to go back home and realizes he made a mistake
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Here is the article dated 1/17 where Connor's dad mentions USC and a visit post NSD

http://www.sports360az.com/2015/01/c...xas-longhorns/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #13
Wisercock
Recruit

Male

Wisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudlyWisercock is crowing loudly

I'm trying to think of QBs that have transferred to SC. Seems like Mike Hold transferred here and played. (may have been a JUCO) Sparky brought a guy in from App State who played. Has Spurrier ever done that?
Old 02-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I'm trying to think of QBs that have transferred to SC. Seems like Mike Hold transferred here and played. (may have been a JUCO) Sparky brought a guy in from App State who played. Has Spurrier ever done that?

Hold was a Juco and ran the Veer. Bobby Fuller came from Ap State with Sparky. We had another, Mike Rathe. I think he was at the beginning of the SOS era (?)
Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #15
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Here is the article dated 1/17 where Connor's dad mentions USC and a visit post NSD

http://www.sports360az.com/2015/01/c...xas-longhorns/
That's interesting.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #16
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Hold was a Juco and ran the Veer. Bobby Fuller came from Ap State with Sparky. We had another, Mike Rathe. I think he was at the beginning of the SOS era (?)
I knew guys on the team with Rathe and they all thought he should have played but Skip and Lou loved Pinkins running ability. The few times he played, you could see why the guys liked him. I just remembered Pinkins being unable to throw a fade in bounds and give the WR a chance.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
Gamecock Lifer
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot material

I hope we get this kid here. 2 years left, loads of arm talent. He DID play in a few games, might have started one I think last year... Here is a video- looks like it mixes HS, and college, some practice some live game... He has a good arm, no idea about his running, kind of grainy vid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJLb-...TdsGMA&index=1
Gamecock Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #18
Gamecock Lifer
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot materialGamecock Lifer is USC mascot material

On, and his name happens to be CONNOR, spelled the right way and everything... Has to be a good omen!
Gamecock Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #19
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I hope he comes, too. Although, it appears many of us were right to assume our QB situation could be in dire straits next year. All the more reason to get this kid on campus.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #20
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Lifer View Post
I hope we get this kid here. 2 years left, loads of arm talent. He DID play in a few games, might have started one I think last year... Here is a video- looks like it mixes HS, and college, some practice some live game... He has a good arm, no idea about his running, kind of grainy vid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJLb-...TdsGMA&index=1
He runs for like 20 yards on the 3-5 play. Looks to be athletic enough to be a threat but prefers to pass it; I prefer QBs who play that way.