CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
Gamecockswag
ReadR00ster
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
Simple "yes&quo (874)
ESPN Game Day Commen (819)
The Comeback & T (690)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (507)
Phil Steele just pre (476)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (469)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (429)
Garcia: Change the R (326)
Wallpaper & Back (203)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
2016 - Avery McCall
Phil Steele just predicte
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Simple "yes" or

Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Are we screwed at CB?

It came out a few days ago that darin smalls, green, and lammons are one of the 8 players that might not qualify from our 2014 class, so even if they do qualify they wont get the practice that the others are getting.

How is our CB situation looking as of right now with who has qualified and who we already had? Also why are we recruiting all these kids who cant even meet very low academic standards? Theyre going to need a lot of help in college.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: Are we screwed at CB?

Not screwed. More like...DOOMED.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Heard reports that Smalls, Lammons, and Green will be required to retake their standardized (ACT) test over again...possibly today at the latest. Apparently their previous test scores looked too high for the NCAA clearinghouse's comfort, so they will retake it today under supervision. The results of the retakes should be known in 2 weeks time. Stay tuned I guess.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Very scary to think about if these db 's don't qualify, i trust the coaching staff to make & get the most out of our current roster, but would be difficult to field what we have in the back end w/out these guys qualifying. Fingers crossed they can put their grades/scores in order & get on campus. Just not looking good.
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Heard reports that Smalls, Lammons, and Green will be required to retake their standardized (ACT) test over again...possibly today at the latest. Apparently their previous test scores looked too high for the NCAA clearinghouse's comfort, so they will retake it today under supervision. The results of the retakes should be known in 2 weeks time. Stay tuned I guess.....
How bad would you feel if you worked really hard and did great on the ACT only to have the NCAA say you are too stupid to get that high of a score, haha. I guess well find out if they actually did well or did indeed cheat.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
What?
Old 07-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

CB - Williams, McWilliams, Groves, J. Smith, D. Smith, Harris

Gurley and Elder have both also spent time at Corner at some point in their careers.

S - Williams, Gurley, Elder, Marcus, Moody, Sasser

Not ideal depth, but not terrible either.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
What?
Depending on how many times they took it, if there is a big score increase from the 1st to 2nd time then it'll get flagged.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
How can you cheat on a standardized test?
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Ahmad screwed us over with his "I wanna go home" to Florida and then he signs with Utah. WTF was the kid thinking?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I hope the retake story is just a rumor. If I or my kid were forced to retake a test like that, delayed entry and did about as well on a retake, I would finally see a good reason for finding a good lawyer. Sometime an organization like the NCAA might need an accountability moment.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #12
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

As if taking the ACT wasn't stressful enough for these guys...imagine taking it under these conditions.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

They watch you like a hawk when you take the ACT anyway, I'm not sure how they could beef up security anymore aside from literally standing over your desk while you take it.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #14
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

There was an update on GCC about Green, Lammons, and Wideman. I dont sub so I dont know whats goin on.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/sho...d=1017&style=2
Old 07-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #15
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Well this certainly gives us something to ponder. Did anyone ever get a reason why Ronnie Martin transferred? I could care less about Ahmad leaving remember Ute game? I still think we will be fine.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 16972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Was it Derek Watson who got special permission to take the SAT verbally? Dyslexia? I remember a wealthy UGA booster (great guy, BTW) bellyaching about it to me.

He said, "I'm sure the proctor will say, 'Okay, Derek, is it A, B, C...or D?'"
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #17
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Well this certainly gives us something to ponder. Did anyone ever get a reason why Ronnie Martin transferred? I could care less about Ahmad leaving remember Ute game? I still think we will be fine.
Martin wasnt going to play I believe

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Yep, we're screwed at CB. It's 1997 all over again. Our winning ways are behind us. It's back to chuck and pray, this is the last year we'll have any talent. Spurrier will retire, Ray Tanner will quit and the SEC will repo our new facilities under the Imminent domain clause.

It was fun while it lasted.

If you dont understand sarcasm, I can't help you.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #19
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Martin wasnt going to play I believe
He didn't see potential playing time?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Yep, we're screwed at CB. It's 1997 all over again. Our winning ways are behind us. It's back to chuck and pray, this is the last year we'll have any talent. Spurrier will retire, Ray Tanner will quit and the SEC will repo our new facilities under the Imminent domain clause.

It was fun while it lasted.

If you dont understand sarcasm, I can't help you.
Now das funny!