CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
garnet_black215
ccured
Badazcock
b381l
18IsTheMan
GH
NinjaSven
primetimetodd19
Heck of an atmospher (1137)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1016)
Priority #1: Teach T (945)
Step back from the l (842)
My outside view (756)
Taylor Swift has a m (740)
great pic (736)
99 PROBLEMS... (593)
Mike Davis Twitter (470)
Talking Season 2014 (356)
Step back from the ledge
Shon Carson at KR
My Observations About USC
Fearless predictions of t
NCAA Football 14
Shaq Roland
What's your take on our a
Confused fan here. Why i
2014-15 Premier League se
Jacoby Brissett former re

Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #21
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Are we screwed at CB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
It came out a few days ago that darin smalls, green, and lammons are one of the 8 players that might not qualify from our 2014 class, so even if they do qualify they wont get the practice that the others are getting.

How is our CB situation looking as of right now with who has qualified and who we already had? Also why are we recruiting all these kids who cant even meet very low academic standards? Theyre going to need a lot of help in college.
No, we aren't screwed.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Not screwed. We'll be ok. Step away from the off season cliff.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #23
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Yes. DE isn't in great shape either.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #24
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Ok, so they are being proctored by an NCAA representative today and the results should be known within about 2 weeks. If they make it, they will be in time for Fall practice.

As others said, the second scores they had went up too much from their first attempt.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #25
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Ok, so they are being proctored by an NCAA representative today and the results should be known within about 2 weeks. If they make it, they will be in time for Fall practice.

As others said, the second scores they had went up too much from their first attempt.
Maybe they studied?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #26
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

It ain't looking good depth wise.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #27
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Also why are we recruiting all these kids who cant even meet very low academic standards? Theyre going to need a lot of help in college.
SMDH.
StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #28
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

No need to panic. Spurrier is currently working on a deal, trading a running back to LSU for one of their corners and a future 1st round pick. We'll be fine.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #29
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

I see no reason to panic, but go ahead if that's what you want to do. If they are retaking it and do what's expected, then we're good to go. I see no reason to worry, but that's the Gamecock way I guess.
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #30
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
No need to panic. Spurrier is currently working on a deal, trading a running back to LSU for one of their corners and a future 1st round pick. We'll be fine.
Much better Relief!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #31
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
It ain't looking good depth wise.
When you have to move a guy who has 24 starts at safety to CB, a guy who has been a safety valve and made big plays at safety, you have no depth at all and you are in trouble.

So I agree with you.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #32
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
They watch you like a hawk when you take the ACT anyway, I'm not sure how they could beef up security anymore aside from literally standing over your desk while you take it.
Yes reportedly that's what they are going to do....

Old 07-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #33
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
They watch you like a hawk when you take the ACT anyway, I'm not sure how they could beef up security anymore aside from literally standing over your desk while you take it.
I would not be able to concentrate for that crap. I hate that feeling.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #34
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

If we don't have any more Freshman coming in, we still have a 3-deep at both Safety and Corner, with some players being interchangeable (like Brison Williams being able to play Safety and Elder being able to play Corner). Gurley, Elder and Marcus are proven Safeties with starting experience. At corner, the Williams brothers - Brison and Rico Mc - are also veterans, even though Brison is at a new position. I think Jamari Smith, DJ Smith and Al Harris, Jr. can all be stars, and no one knows how good Ali Groves can be. We are fine, just can't afford 2-3 injuries.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #35
ssladler
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 934
ssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his combssladler is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post

I've seen this movie.

ssladler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #36
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Chris Clark on 107.5 just verified what was said above. The 3 corner backs have to re-take the test and can still make it in by August.

He also said Al Harris may be the most ready of any corners. DJ Smith might be used at corner as well.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #37
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

I know we have two big holes at corner but I don't know if we're "screwed" just yet. Moving Williams over from safety does prove how concerned the coaches are I admit. But hopefully McWilliams is ready to start and guys like Ali Groves are ready to contribute too (along with Harris). I would like to see all these secondary guys qualify so we can get some depth but I don't know if we should expect to see them all play considerably this year being true freshmen. It could hurt us bad in the next few years though. I'm glad we're continuing to recruit and get commits from corners like Fields and so forth.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #38
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I hope the retake story is just a rumor. If I or my kid were forced to retake a test like that, delayed entry and did about as well on a retake, I would finally see a good reason for finding a good lawyer. Sometime an organization like the NCAA might need an accountability moment.
Amen. Sometimes my rear end. I think they ought to get sued regularly.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #39
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

I said awhile ago we should move Golightly to Safety/DB. We have a lot of fast LBs...might get really interesting come August.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #40
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Let's just not use corners. Split the d line out extremely wide, play 5 fast LBs behind that, and have 2 safeties. What could go wrong?
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote