CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
PageUSC
ACPhilson
The Yancey
KaneisAble
taylorssc
gadeneer1986
GamecockSuperFan
HBC Weekly Presser (2106)
Thompson Has Neck In (1508)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1065)
4th & 1 Play (934)
Kentucky prediction (637)
Just Booked my Hotel (546)
So What? (478)
Bad Week For Upstate (354)
Jeopardy: USC and th (275)
Travis Bell's Photos (222)
Best position coach or co
What fish do you eat
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Just Booked my Hotel for
Kentucky prediction
State talent drying up
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Really excited to visit t
QB Recruiting Strategy
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201

Old 08-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Malcolm Mitchell (knee)

Doesn't sound too serious but the guy just can't seem to get rid of the injury-bug.

Quote:
Seth Emerson @SethEmerson Follow
UGA confirms that Malcolm Mitchell injured his knee earlier this week and had it scoped Thursday. No timetable for return.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Malcolm Mitchell (knee)

That game for Clemsux keeps getting easier and easier by the day

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

He had his knee scoped last night for cartilage damage. They don't know how long he will be out, but I think it's safe to say he'll miss most if not all of fall camp.

I feel bad for this kid. He had a great FR season, but has dealt with injuries the past 2 that could really hold him back. Their WR's Mitchell, Bennett, JSW are all coming off knee injuries, JSW is even suspended the first game for an arrest. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to run the ball 50 times against clemson.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Ouch, got to be careful while exploring Skyrim.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I know I'm hijacking my own thread but the more I read about Georgia's problems, I'm starting to think Clemson might beat 'em.

Just seems like Georgia's issues right now are greater than Clemson's.

For example check out Jeremy Pruitt's comments from yesterday:

Quote:
Pruitt is largely retaining the 3-4 scheme that Georgia used the past four seasons under Todd Grantham. But ideally Pruitt would like to substitute more and use an array of packages.
He was asked Wednesday how comfortable he is that by the Clemson game on Aug. 31 he will be able to do all that.
"Right now I'm not very comfortable at all," he said. "We've got a lot of guys who don't have playing experience, some of them it'll be their first practices at Georgia this week. So we've gotta figure it out what we can do. We would like to be able to match up some things as far as personnel, but we're only going to try to get the guys on the field who have proven that we can trust them to play.
http://www.macon.com/2014/07/30/3224...ml?sp=/99/160/

How exactly will he be able to substitute more? Didn't they struggle with Clemson's HUNH last year. Also, he doesn't seem too confident with his secondary at all. Seems like running them in and out would screw them up even more.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #6
eadunton1
Protect This House

Male

CockyCash: 500
eadunton1 has hatched from the shell

I just don't see Georgia losing at home to Clemson. It's unfortunate for them with all the injuries, but if you're going to have anyone take the reigns in that situation I'd say Todd Gurley is the guy to do it, and with Keith Marshall to lean on he'll be fine with the work load and he'll ease up the pass rush a lot. As good as Clemson's d might be this year, they won't be able to stop him in their first game, and Clemson's offense won't have the pieces put together that early in the season. I say unless Watson comes in and comes uncorked that Georgia still has a better chance of beating them than not.
eadunton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPit

Its not just the injuries with this guy.

Its the yanking back and forth from offense to defense to special teams that screwed this guy too.

That coaching staff didn't handle his talents very well.
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I know I'm hijacking my own thread but the more I read about Georgia's problems, I'm starting to think Clemson might beat 'em.
Mark it down. Clemtech will stroll in and beat an injured, suspended, excused and depleted UGA team........ Then proclaim themselves SEC equals.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
eadunton1
Protect This House

Male

eadunton1 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
Mark it down. Clemtech will stroll in and beat an injured, suspended, excused and depleted UGA team........ Then proclaim themselves SEC equals.
The only bad thing about that will be having to listen to Clemson talk about it all season until we beat them again. It's always nice to rip the carpet out from under another "shock the world" campaign.
eadunton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #10
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Clemson will lose due to qb play.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #11
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I feel bad for the guy. Hope he's full-go by the Clemson game.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I have no clue how this is going to play out but I wouldn't put in money on Uga with all of their issues. Perhaps they will Clemson themselves.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Richt spoke like Justin Scott-Wesley may not be rejoining the team anytime soon, too. SIAP
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Watch out for Brandon Langley at WR this year (remember him). He made the switch to WR and they're raving about his speed.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #15
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons

Guess in the end it is just an opinion, but I could see Georgia having an awful season this year.

Probably not, but it is very easy to look at their schedule, pick out teams that could plausibly beat them and say "what if."

You could do that for everyone honestly. But as good a frontman he makes for the program, and as well as he recruits it's always something year after year.

Has Bobo really gotten better as a coordinator? Seems to me he isn't really good at that, considering the talent they have had go through there.

No idea how good the new defensive coordinator is, but Richt doesn't have a sterling record picking his assistants.

Just saying that I think that if the stars align they could have another losing season, just as the one a few years ago that had calls for his head. I actually think they have dodged it and lucked out the past few years. Sooner or later the breaks (and the schedule) are going to go against them.

That said, I am kind of expecting Clemson to beat them. Clemson kind of makes me nervous in a way. Stoudt may not have Boyd's physical tools and legs, but if he doesn't have Boyd's head they will be a lot tougher team to beat. And a number of victories we have had in this streak are due to big mistakes by Boyd down the stretch. I was actually watching the last two or so games with them, trying to pick out the moment he would fall apart.

If they get a guy who doesn't make mistakes, and takes the plays he is given by the defense, they are going to be a lot tougher team to beat.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Mitchell should be good to go in a couple of weeks. this is the same procedure that Micheal Bennet had done in mid season last year, and he only missed 2 weeks.

love the comment in the last post about "sooner or later the breaks and schedule are going to go against them".

as far as the breaks, I guess I know what you mean. losing all of our offensive skill players to injuries last year was a big break for us. thats the kind of luck that all teams long for.

as far as schedule, we played 3 top 12 teams in the first 4 games last year and came out 3-1. the team was firmly in the drivers seat for the division before the injuries piled up. lucky us I guess for catching all the breaks.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #17
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Clemson's got their own issues: their new QB has only appeared in past games that were blow-outs either way - now he's got to learn how to be THE GUY in games with the outcome is in the balance. Their own OL lost 3 starters, and heading into fall camp their coaches STILL do not who their starting 5 will be. They will have new leaders at WR and RB that are largely unproven.

Clemson's offensive issues - especially for the season-opening game - may cancel out UGA's defensive ones....