CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
WeStillOwnUSC
JDJones
b381l
kick_ball
kingofnerf
l^l^lBGCock
gamecockgal
Cockypantherfan
10 years since " (2139)
Sidney Rice is havin (1623)
Why the hesitance to (1182)
Should UNC get death (571)
2014 Charleston Clas (543)
BJ Mckie (483)
Getting Back on Trac (364)
Hospitality Area? (330)
Cocky cloth towels (313)
Challenge to or revi (258)
Big George Statue
UCONN upset...are we No.1
Watson hurt again
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p
Should UNC get death pena
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Lineup Changes (Offense)
Cocky cloth towels
2014 Charleston Classic *
Name a Gamecock

Old 07-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default SEC Network Poised For Blockbuster Launch

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-foo...-launch-070914

Really good piece. I think these numbers seem overstated a bit for the first few years, but long term, this will he huge for us. What kind of improvements/debt service can we handle each year with an additional 15-20 million per year. Take a look.

"Several years ago the SEC made the decision not to launch its own network because league officials were concerned that a protracted hold-out from cable and satellite companies would anger SEC fans. That's why the league decided to partner with ESPN and not follow the Big Ten's lead and create its own network. All of that changed when Texas A&M decided to jump on board with the SEC. Missouri soon followed. By adding just two teams the SEC added 50% more cable and satellite subscribers to its regional footprint, making it clear that the league's new television strategy would include a network."
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: SEC Network Poised For Blockbuster Launch

Looking forward to attending the first new game to be televised on the network maybe i'll get a free t-shirt.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

No more mule trough in the restroom
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
Gamecock John
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Gamecock John has feathers coming inGamecock John has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
No more mule trough in the restroom
I don't really mind the trough. Imagine how long the lunes will be with only half the amount being able to pee at one time.
Gamecock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-foo...-launch-070914

Really good piece. I think these numbers seem overstated a bit for the first few years, but long term, this will he huge for us. What kind of improvements/debt service can we handle each year with an additional 15-20 million per year. Take a look.

"Several years ago the SEC made the decision not to launch its own network because league officials were concerned that a protracted hold-out from cable and satellite companies would anger SEC fans. That's why the league decided to partner with ESPN and not follow the Big Ten's lead and create its own network. All of that changed when Texas A&M decided to jump on board with the SEC. Missouri soon followed. By adding just two teams the SEC added 50% more cable and satellite subscribers to its regional footprint, making it clear that the league's new television strategy would include a network."
There are some that just can't grasp how much money this is going to be (aka Skeeter) but think of it this way: we already make more than Cl3m5on from tv revenue and we're about to surpass the amount needed to build their indoor practice field, PER YEAR. Yes, per year.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Just need verizon Fios to provide it.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Just need verizon Fios to provide it.
You may out of luck. I'm not sure Directv is going to pick it up this year so I'm screwed.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
There are some that just can't grasp how much money this is going to be (aka Skeeter) but think of it this way: we already make more than Cl3m5on from tv revenue and we're about to surpass the amount needed to build their indoor practice field, PER YEAR. Yes, per year.
and then throw new luxury boxes on top of that.....I love the smell of new money.....
Old 07-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #9
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You may out of luck. I'm not sure Directv is going to pick it up this year so I'm screwed.
I thought about moving to dish, since it's cheaper and would have it, but after seeing the reviews of dish, no way I'm doing that.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Dish sucks.

Sucks that a lot of people won't get to watch some of the sec games.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #11
The Gamecock Outlaw
Glutton For Punishment

Male

CockyCash: 200
The Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot material

Charter is dragging their feet with this. It's ridiculous but we don't have many options. Just Dish and U Verse pretty much and I can't even get U Verse in my area.
The Gamecock Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #12
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Directtv will have it. Of course I'm relying on the CSR I spoke with on the phone last week. So take it for what it's worth.
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
Directtv will have it. Of course I'm relying on the CSR I spoke with on the phone last week. So take it for what it's worth.
It would surprise the *%&$ out of me if DirecTV, owned by ATT didn't have it when U-verse will carry it...
Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #14
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

I emailed DTV asking when they planned on picking it up. This was the response which I received aprox 7sec later.
Subject
SEC network
Administrator
We’re in the middle of productive discussions with Disney over ESPN’s new SEC Network and hope to be able to provide it as soon as we possibly can. Both DIRECTV and Disney understand and appreciate the unique bond between SEC teams and the communities they represent, many of which lack any professional teams. We are working cooperatively to ensure that everyone can still see their favorite SEC team play at the most reasonable value to all SEC fans and the rest of our customers throughout the Southeast.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV Customer Care

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

DTV likes to negotiate till the very end. They did it with the weather channel. Just hope they have it by the time season begins.

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CackDiesel View Post
I emailed DTV asking when they planned on picking it up. This was the response which I received aprox 7sec later.
Subject
SEC network
Administrator
We’re in the middle of productive discussions with Disney over ESPN’s new SEC Network and hope to be able to provide it as soon as we possibly can. Both DIRECTV and Disney understand and appreciate the unique bond between SEC teams and the communities they represent, many of which lack any professional teams. We are working cooperatively to ensure that everyone can still see their favorite SEC team play at the most reasonable value to all SEC fans and the rest of our customers throughout the Southeast.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV Customer Care

Same thing, but it took them 25seconds...bastards.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #17
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

you just watch..the university will get somewhere in the low thirty millions in dollars and will still raise ticket and gcc prices..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #18
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I've never used DirecTV. However, they always seem to negotiate until the last minute. So why is it their prices are still higher than everybody else even with all these negotiations? Unless you're an NFL fan, I don't understand the appeal of DirecTV.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #19
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

You can always switch to Dish and then switch back once Charter, TW, Direct, or whoever, get off their asses and get the SEC Network. If you are an SEC fan, you probably should do it just to penalize their asses for being slow.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #20
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I've never used DirecTV. However, they always seem to negotiate until the last minute. So why is it their prices are still higher than everybody else even with all these negotiations? Unless you're an NFL fan, I don't understand the appeal of DirecTV.
everybody else does too...look at the recent stuff with Viacom and AMC...the content owner wants the carrier's firstborn and the carrier is trying to negoiate down to just an arm and leg

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote