CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
taylorssc
PageUSC
ACPhilson
KaneisAble
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1240)
4th & 1 Play (1219)
Kentucky prediction (1071)
Just Booked my Hotel (1000)
So What? (554)
Best position coach (434)
Jeopardy: USC and th (377)
Travis Bell's Photos (310)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (203)
So What? (154)
Kentucky prediction
Really excited to visit t
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
QB Recruiting Strategy
Looking for 2 for Kentuck
4th & 1 Play
Just Booked my Hotel for
Fall Practice
The New Idea That'll Fix
Dylan Thompson looks brok

Old 07-23-2014, 03:05 AM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default A good friend of mine

Tried to kill himself today.

All I feel is mad.

I hope tomorrow gets it's shit together.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Re: A good friend of mine

Sorry to hear that.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

tried?
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Sucks. You never know what really goes on behind closed doors or between ears. One can become angry when someone tries to throw away such a precious gift as life, one that has been denied to some we love or to us ourselves. That being said he will need a friend more than ever. In addition to whatever was going on before now he will have to deal with other's anger and with a ton of embarrassment. Be there for him.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

The act of suicide leaves emotional devastation on a grand scale. I am hoping all involved get through this as soon as possible. Let us know how you are doing cause we are eager to see you through this!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Sometimes life sux, then it gets worse and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It does not matter whether or not the circumstances bares out this perception it is real in their mind. Not sure anyone can understand this frame of mind unless you have/are actually experiencing it but if this were your thinking, how would you want people to react to you?

Like Cat and Yancey, I hope the best for your friend and you. I will lift ya'll up in my prayers today.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

My cousin overdosed on purpose two years ago. It devastated my aunt, and to this day she isn't the same. She left a note to her mother, and children, to whom also are not the same. I feel for you man, but he was a lucky one. Now maybe he will realize he wants to live after all. Prayers for you, him and his family.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Hang in there dude. If it means anything, you are an inspiration to many. Maybe even him.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Thanks guys, I'm just numb right now. Earlier this year he stayed with me for a few days, he was having a rough patch and was moving back here from Maine. In the end it didn't work out here and he moved back. Then yesterday I got the news.

I have no idea how to help him. Zero.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Thanks guys, I'm just numb right now. Earlier this year he stayed with me for a few days, he was having a rough patch and was moving back here from Maine. In the end it didn't work out here and he moved back. Then yesterday I got the news.

I have no idea how to help him. Zero.
Sometimes all you can do is pray for the man...
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

One of my best friends shot himself in the head a year ago. If your buddy wanted to be dead he would have put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. That is the silver lining. Dude didn't want to die. He wants to know if people care about him and he is obviously very depressed. Best thing you can do for him is get him in a mental institution and just be his friend.

I hope this doesn't sound cold. I have just been through this but my friend died, and I wasn't really there for him like I should have been when he was alive. I'll admit that.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Tough to hear this man. I hope your buddy hangs in there and gets the help he needs. I had a friend about 5 years ago commit suicide at the age of 19. Like others have said it is tough to know what others are going through.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #13
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Tough thing for all involved to go through. As others have said, be there for him however you can, even if it's simply praying for him.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

As a friend,especially a good friend i believe it's just as hard to deal with. You start looking at yourself in the mirror saying what did i miss. prayers to you and your friend. hopefully he sees he has a second chance and makes good.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear that man. I've got a friend that's done the same sh*t. Drugs, Bipolar, manic depression. Serious stuff to deal with without professional help.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Damn A.N., I hope he/she gets right in the head... I know you are going through a bunch of chit... Is this person in "The same boat"??

As for me, I couldn't do it...
Old 07-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Thanks, no he's just going through hard times, failed marriages, stalled career, those types of things.

I'll probably reach out to him tomorrow.