CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
catdaddy66
SMOTFS86
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
B-G
crowcutta
GregoryHouse
Regalcock
Franks boy's are pla (1538)
Has the window close (882)
Bruce!!! (767)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (689)
Kentucky is dominati (634)
Question for those w (564)
UFC Fight Night 58: (366)
It's that time of ye (197)
This one gets better (132)
Going to the Duck Bo (131)
Franks boy's are playing
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
My early Monday dinner .
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A
Has the window closed for
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th

Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default What Are The Most Important Things You Would Like to Do before You Die?

No matter what your age is, what are some of the things that you haven't done in life that would mean the most to you before you die?

I've thought about this quite a lot since I was a kid.

I always wanted to live abroad. (Check)

Once my heavy partying days were waning, I wanted to be a father. (Check)

But, since I was very young, I wanted to know who my biological parents were. This I only tried a few times out of respect for my adopted parents. SC laws only give you non-identifying info. I received it. It was interesting, but no names. No addresses. Only very little background info was given. Just enough to realize I was most likely better off being adopted, but this didn't quench my thirst for seeing pictures and knowing their life story or even being able to meet them. I don't even know if they are alive or not. I suppose this would be the most important thing for me before I'm a goner. Just to see what they looked like and to find out who they were...

Last edited by Travelin; 07-23-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What Are The Most Important Things You Would Like to Do before You Die?

Just to hold my granchild. If I could take them fishing, it would be a bonus.
I don't have any yet but I would like to live long enough to enjoy them.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: What Are The Most Important Things You Would Like to Do before You Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
Just to hold my granchild. If I could take them fishing, it would be a bonus.
I don't have any yet but I would like to live long enough to enjoy them.
I hope you are granted that wish. Me too. I actually wanted a son, not to just be a father. I have one. He's 14 and playing his xbox in front of me right now. I would really like to see him grow up to be a man and if he has a child while I'm still alive, that would be awesome.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
DBjr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
DBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his claws

see my grandson get through high school and be able to leave enough behind for him to get a good college education.............that would satisfy me beyond my dreams
he just turned 2 and is my heart and soul!
DBjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Get right with God

Travel all over the world, and see as many sights as I can...
Old 07-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Travel the world (slow work in progress)

Make a profound impact on someone's life

Be very fit (I know this is smaller in the grand scheme of things, but it would mean a lot to me and quite frankly I need to put my efforts into this a little more)

Be a father
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #7
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Become a father, which hopefully happens within the next year.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Watch my kids graduate high school.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #9
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Just to name a few:
Skydive
Ride in a race car (with a skilled driver of course)
Visit as much of the USA as I can, then I'll start abroad if I'm still around
Pick up my clarinet and start playing again
Start playing piano again
Learn how to paint
Live near the beach
Own a restored vintage car
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:01 AM   #10
pastorsheehan
Walk On

Male

pastorsheehan is learning to peckpastorsheehan is learning to peck

watch some college football
to hear the announcement that Direct TV is picking up SEC TV
pastorsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #11
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Just to name a few:
skydive
Ride in a race car (with a skilled driver of course)
Visit as much of the USA as I can, then I'll start abroad if I'm still around
Pick up my clarinet and start playing again
Start playing piano again
Learn how to paint
Live near the beach
Own a restored vintage car
Did that, never again...

As for a vintage car... Which one? I always wanted a 1970-1973 Cuda... Probably will get one someday
Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #12
auslander
Beach bum

Male

CockyCash: 710
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

Finish my book
Finish my collection of WW2 rifles
Get my two Porshes the way I want them
Raise my daughter to be as good a woman as my wife
Take a ride in a WW2 combat aircraft
Finish my RKKA uniform and equipment
Let my wife know how much I love and appreciate her. Love her more than anyone else on earth including our daughter.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #13
darthtripous
Walk On

Male

darthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spurs

First, I want to live and be healthy so that I can do all the things I want to do.

After that in no order
Catch a Marlin and/or Sailfish

Hunt a Moose, Elk, Big Horn Sheep, or Bear (just one successful exotic hunt)

Finish my sleeves (tattoos)... I will have one done by the end of the year.

Be able to grow, raise, catch, or kill all of my food... well on my way to reaching this goal

Create an awesome punk rock and classic rock vinyl collection... just starting this

rebuild a Ford F-100 (late 60s)... I know nothing about this one

Visit all SEC stadiums for a game... I am done with all the east except Missouri, and need to focus on the places I have not been in the west.

Kids... ehh maybe... my wife and I have dogs.
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
CockyBoiler
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 105882
CockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talons

Old 07-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #15
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #16
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Travelin, I hope that you can find that info. I am also an adoptee and was curious about my bio family since being a small child. I got the same run around from the SC Children's Bureau. There was no Internet then. Searches were laborious. After having a series of collapsed lungs I decided that I really needed to find my family of origin and get background medical histories for me and my family.

I spent a good bit of time spinning my wheels until I decided to us a professional. All this woman did was to try to help adoptees find out their birth info. Here is how she did it. You know that amended birth certificate that gives us showing our adopted family's names? The number of that certificate is really a bit of code that tells you which hospital you were born in.

Armed with that info I gave her $50 for a bribe to a sympathetic medical records clerk. Within a week I had the names. With that it was easy to track them down. They were still married to each other and I was the only child they had ever had. Contacting them was a trip. I made that call well into a 3 liter bottle of cheap wine while soaking in a hot bubble bath. It was one of Maslowe's peak experiences.

The call, while awkward, went well. We corresponded over the next 6 weeks before meeting. No one in their families ever knew about the pregnancy. The sent out birth announcements to them though at this late date saying that they had given birth to a bouncing 33 year old boy. Some of this was a bit off putting. I did and do consider my parents who raised me since I was 6 week sold to be my true parents. This was entirely virgin territory I was plowing. I had no one else's experiences to guide me.

In the end it all worked out well. Of my 4 parents all but my birth mom have passed on. She is 89. Certainly my experience is unique. Not all of these searches end joyfully. Be careful. Protect yourself. Good luck though and if I can help you in this journey in any way just drop me a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
No matter what your age is, what are some of the things that you haven't done in life that would mean the most to you before you die?

I've thought about this quite a lot since I was a kid.

I always wanted to live abroad. (Check)

Once my heavy partying days were waning, I wanted to be a father. (Check)

But, since I was very young, I wanted to know who my biological parents were. This I only tried a few times out of respect for my adopted parents. SC laws only give you non-identifying info. I received it. It was interesting, but no names. No addresses. Only very little background info was given. Just enough to realize I was most likely better off being adopted, but this didn't quench my thirst for seeing pictures and knowing their life story or even being able to meet them. I don't even know if they are alive or not. I suppose this would be the most important thing for me before I'm a goner. Just to see what they looked like and to find out who they were...

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #17
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Its funny, I asked this same question to a 90 year old man that I consider somewhat of a mentor to me. He said that there is nothing left that he would like to do. He has lived a full life. However, he did have one regret in life. He said that if he could go back, he would have gone out of the way to make more friends. He said that to love others and to be loved are the greatest things in the world, and he would have done more to enlarge that circle of love in his life.

I suppose I should learn something from that, but I haven't. I'm still shallow enough to say that I just want to be able to live in a comfortable retirement at an age where I can enjoy it.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Get laid

Jk

Idk stop poverty and violence, well that's unrealistic.

Surf in Australia... yep, that's more realistic.

Oh yeah, have extremely good looking babies

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote