CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
b381l
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
TheUniversityofSC
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
Could Pharoh Run the (1316)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1185)
Huge recruiting week (1092)
TV?? (953)
Big George Statue (812)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (718)
Fly_over tomorrow? (589)
No Shave November (518)
Awful Shooting Conti (493)
Scholarship Lounge B (455)
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Big George Statue
2014 Charleston Classic *
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Scholarship Lounge Buffet
Fly_over tomorrow?
River Bluff High School.
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Awful Shooting Continues

Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Handsome_Dabo has hatched from the shell
Post Aggies too cocky with their freshmen?

I previously started a SC vs TAMU prediction thread and some Aggie fans joined in the thread, claiming their All-American Freshmen are just about ready to make a run for the national title. I don't know how this makes me feel. I just wanted to know what everybody thought about it. Do their Freshmen look as good as they claim they are in practice? If not why are they so overconfident. As spurrier said it's all talking season, but that's what we do here. And even so it seems kind of pointless to claim so many untrue facts. They will only make a laughing stock out of themselves and their team.

I personally think their claims are ultimately false, yet they may have some true, raw talent.... but unless your Clowney or Lattimore or you make some serious noise for your team in the offseason, you won't be a serious contender at all, Which I believe is the case here.

I can't see us playing TAMU and having a desperate problem against a bunch of freshmen no matter how good they are.

What do you guys think?

BEAT TAMU
Handsome_Dabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Aggies too cocky with their freshmen?

I posted this earlier on another thread, but here is one of them... He recently power cleaned 350lbs 3 times... Dude is a monster and being billed as the "Next Clowney"

Although I have heard his work ethic is outstanding and the upperclassmen are stepping their games up too because they see that they could be playing "left out" with talent like that behind them.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

The lack of pass rush killed us last year and it will be much better with these guys (can't get much worse honestly) which should improve our D tremendously.

Several of the games that we lost last year were winnable had we just had one or two more stops and we think this year we will get those one or two more stops.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome_Dabo View Post
I previously started a SC vs TAMU prediction thread and some Aggie fans joined in the thread, claiming their All-American Freshmen are just about ready to make a run for the national title. I don't know how this makes me feel. I just wanted to know what everybody thought about it. Do their Freshmen look as good as they claim they are in practice? If not why are they so overconfident. As spurrier said it's all talking season, but that's what we do here. And even so it seems kind of pointless to claim so many untrue facts. They will only make a laughing stock out of themselves and their team.

I personally think their claims are ultimately false, yet they may have some true, raw talent.... but unless your Clowney or Lattimore or you make some serious noise for your team in the offseason, you won't be a serious contender at all, Which I believe is the case here.

I can't see us playing TAMU and having a desperate problem against a bunch of freshmen no matter how good they are.

What do you guys think?

BEAT TAMU

freshman can put the hurt on you at times.

examples:

todd gurley
marcus lattimore
jadeveon clowney
vernon hargreaves III
laquon treadwell
leonard floyd

all those guys and many more had breakout years as true freshman.

now, a whole team full? I doubt it.

however, it only takes one or two to produce at a high level and it could be a game changer.

Last edited by sanford; 08-07-2014 at 11:34 PM.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #5
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Never forget #jedaveon

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
I posted this earlier on another thread, but here is one of them... He recently power cleaned 350lbs 3 times... Dude is a monster and being billed as the "Next Clowney"

Although I have heard his work ethic is outstanding and the upperclassmen are stepping their games up too because they see that they could be playing "left out" with talent like that behind them.

Wow, Clowney with a work ethic? This guy could revolutionize the game!

I heard he's running low 4.2's in the 40 right now too? Can you confirm...?
Old 08-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #7
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
Never forget #jedaveon

fixed it just for you, school teacher.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

I haven't heard that he was running that low, but he was in the 4.3's earlier Kid is a FREAK!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

is that a Pickens county 4.3?
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #10
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm sure it isn't inflated.

I heard the tested the kid's vision and found lasers in his eyes too.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #11
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Still a freshmen. The game is different for underclassmen who play in the trenches. Its not as easy of a transition as tailbacks and receivers.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #12
InletCock1989
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Guess we'll just not show up to the stadium.....we admit defeat already!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #13
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

This was shot a year ago and he is bigger and faster now, but it will give you an idea of who he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAMipq3YHM
Old 08-08-2014, 12:17 AM   #14
InletCock1989
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
This was shot a year ago and he is bigger and faster now, but it will give you an idea of who he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAMipq3YHM
Cool video....but ours just got drafted #1 overall. You might've heard of him.
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

#ComeGetSome
Old 08-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #16
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Seems like a good kid. Hope he gets 10 sacks in the last 11 games.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #17
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
#ComeGetSome
#TwoTimes
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #18
Gamecockswag
Recruit

Male

Gamecockswag is learning to peckGamecockswag is learning to peck

GUYS DID YOU SEE THAT VIDEO? It only took him like 3 seconds to pile drive a scrawny linebacker in high school. Man, we better watch out Skai Moore is in some REAL trouble now. Mr. 4 star macho man is going to completely rock our world. I bet he could take you to the Playoffs 1 on 11 every game! Holy schnickes, my new prediction is we loose 0-93829
Gamecockswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #19
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Bro do you even football??

Scrawny linebacker? You realize a LB plays on the same side of the ball as him right and you also realize that this is Texas high school football, not that stuff up there in SC right ???

My point wasn't that now all of the sudden we are going to beat you eleventy million to zero, but the question was posed as to why we were excited about our freshman. And not a single one of you would be down in the dumps about getting this 5 * (not 4 as you stated) kid who was ranked as the best DL recruit in the state of Texas and some say overall in the nation.

rant over... carry on
Old 08-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #20
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Cool video....but ours just got drafted #1 overall. You might've heard of him.

Yep I have heard of him and you can't say that there isn't a hole left upon his departure.