CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
CoverTwo
kabercr2
B-G
Spurrier on Pharoah: (3719)
USC/clemson spread (1563)
In case no one saw.. (1316)
injury report? (922)
Odell Becham Catch (617)
A little late to the (605)
Bowl projections (555)
Why has there been 4 (480)
Tiger Burn (463)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (320)
Charlotte Hornet Basketba
Bowl projections
USC/clemson spread
Texans getting frustrated
2014-15 Premier League se
The Defense
what if?
SC Women #1 in AP Poll
Texas A&M Defense
Question about after the

Old 08-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPit
Default 2014 Gamecock Basketball

Caught a little of Cary Rich on the radio talking about the high school recruits in Columbia and the possibility of them coming to USC.

The Gamecocks will be competing with North Carolina, Georgetown, etc. for the services of these young men. These other programs have tradition, great facilities and top notch coaches. They also have rabid fan bases that support their teams.

We see Dawn Staley's hard work paying off with steadily improving records and a top-rated recruiting class. Her team plays hard, and I believe they are going to make it to the Final Four this year.

I believe the men's Bball program is in a chicken & egg situation, and whether the fans are the chicken or the egg, I believe it's time for us to do our part. Now.

It wasn't that long ago that the football program was mediocre at best, but the fans still filled Willy-B and cheered for the Cocks. Then Gilmore, and Jeffrey, and Lattimore, and Clowney and others showed up... which helped lead to 11-2 and 11-2 and 11-2.

I attended USC in the '70's. In those days the Carolina Coliseum was one of the best Bball venues in the nation, and Alex English was our home-grown star. When Adrian Dantley & Notre Dame came to town it was so loud you could hardly hear yourself think.

Fast forward to 2013-2014. I was at the Kentucky Bball game in the CLA (season tickets) and there were at least as many fans in blue as there were in garnet. As the Cocks scratched and clawed their way to victory, and the crowd responded, I recalled those days in the "house that Frank built" and found myself hoping that Mack/ Woods/ Dozier were somewhere in the building.

Now, I know we haven't been very good in Bball for a while, and I understand not wanting to spend your hard earned $ on a bad product, but I think this is our chance. I think Frank is doing his part. He has our guys on the right track, but we need the best local players to stay and help the program flourish... and to get the top players, the fans need to fill the CLA and cheer.

USC is doing its part by making it very affordable to get season tickets for both the men's & women's teams.

You can get a 4 pack of Women's season tickets for $100 total... $25 a person for the whole season of one of the top programs in the nation.

The men's schedule has just been released and there are some very attractive home games. You can get a Coke Zero 4 pack season ticket in the upper deck for $360... only $90 a person for the whole season.

I've already bought my tickets... Join me, let's be proactive. It's a great time to be a Gamecock... and if and when Mack/ Woods/ Dozier visit, may they see & hear the fans heartily supporting their team... and who knows, maybe they will stay & play at home and be part of something special. Go Cocks!
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: 2014 Gamecock Basketball

I've had season tickets to both for years. Get on the train now before all the room is gone.