CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
sflgc
Spurticus
2000grad
MisterClowney
JaxcockFL
GregoryHouse
mick66
Connor to be backup? (2641)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1105)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (967)
Carolina ranked #21 (939)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (768)
Connor to start agai (570)
Most Impactful Peopl (479)
Marcus coming home (477)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (477)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (432)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to start against R
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Connor to be backup?
Players to The Draft
Justin Smoak and Matt Wie
Temple sporting a 20 poin
The Vent and Coaching cha
Davon Durant
Denver/Cincy MNF Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Chuck Eidson Retires

Per Scott Eisberg on twitter (@SEisbergWCIV)

"After one of the most illustrious 11 yr careers in European history Pinewood Prep/USC Alum Chuck Eidson has retired from pro basketball"

"Eidson won several MVP awards, played in Eurocup Finals and played 2 years in Israel for now-Cavaliers head coach David Blatt"

"Eidson will lay low for now here in Summerville and likely coach in the future - was a mega star in Europe for over a decade"

Last edited by thekob; 08-14-2014 at 04:59 PM.
thekob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chuck Eidson Retires

The man just knew basketball.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
scfastpitch
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

He made a bunch of money over there .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Way to go, Chuck! A career that included 4 years in the garnet and black.

You deserve a rest.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Man if he didn't injure his knee early in his career..

I remember him posterizing a dude from Miss State or Alabama his freshman season.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Wow! I never knew he was so successful. Great career for a great Gamecock!

I remember his jump shot had a sideways rotation on it that Fogler hated, but he could score. I also remember him struggling when the coaches finally altered his shot to get rid of that rotation. He could barely draw iron... for a little while. I wonder what his shot looked like as a pro.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Wasn't he like a top 20/25 recruit? Can't believe he played pro ball all that time.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #8
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Dude led the SEC one year in steals. He could see a pass ahead...

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #9
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Great on the defensive end even when he couldn't buy a basket. High basketball IQ for sure.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #10
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I knew he was successful over in Europe early in his career but I didn't realize he was able to stick with it and went this long.

I fondly remember him from my freshman year.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

We need him on the bench. Somebody introduce him to Frank.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #12
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

carolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPit

Chuck was a key player on the 2001-2002 team that played the last men's basketball game in the Carolina Coliseum against Ball State (Quarterfinals of NIT).

The first half of that game was one of if not the best team performances I have ever seen. The only mistake I remember was Chuck dribbling a ball off of his foot for a turnover... Other than that it was stifling defense and incredible shot-making. The halftime score was USC 48 - Ball State 12. What a way to end men's basketball in one of the loudest venues ever.

P.S. I believe that was the game where the opposing coach (in the face of the beat-down) was all on the court, ranting and yelling at the refs, trying to get thrown out. One ref just looked at him, smiled and shook his head "no"... and refused to toss him. The coach had to go back to the bench and endure the entire game.
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I always enjoyed watching him play. I believe he was in the class one year ahead of mine, so I got to see him play a lot since I went to all the games while in school. He was just a great all-around basketball player. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is top 10 to top 15 in a bunch of statistical categories. I know he graduated as the all-time steals leader (since passed by Devan Downey). He always struck me as a high basketball IQ guy and as somewhat an extension of the coaching staff while on the floor.

Congrats to him on a great career. If he does decide to get into coaching, I really hope Martin would make him a part of our coaching staff.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #14
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
I wonder what his shot looked like as a pro.
Wonder no more. Youtube has a bunch of Eidson videos.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...&search=Search
Old 08-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Wonder no more. Youtube has a bunch of Eidson videos.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...&search=Search
Haha! Thanks! I had to scour several highlight videos to find a shot that was clear enough to tell, but apparently he took Eddie's mods to the pros with him - no side rotation at all.

I hope he comes to a Carolina game or few this season.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #16
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
Haha! Thanks! I had to scour several highlight videos to find a shot that was clear enough to tell, but apparently he took Eddie's mods to the pros with him - no side rotation at all.

I hope he comes to a Carolina game or few this season.
No problem.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #17
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I remember well being at the game when he blew his knee - real bummer. Happy to see he had such a long career.

Gaichon is online now   Reply With Quote