CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
crowcutta
2014 Subway Classic: (2154)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1648)
Former Gamecock root (1479)
Franks boy's are pla (1369)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (702)
Bruce!!! (627)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (613)
Kentucky is dominati (585)
Question for those w (501)
Decommitment from Texas A
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha

Old 08-17-2014, 01:55 AM   #61
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: UFC Fight Night: Ryan Bader vs Ovince Saint Preox

Thanks for all the updates once again Cat!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:14 AM   #62
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

I got to watch the main event. Bader surprised me. I really expected OSP to run through him but his wrestling was just too much. I would have liked to see him finish the fight though. He was in far too many dominate positions to have thy fight go to the judges.
YouCanNeverTell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #63
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
I got to watch the main event. Bader surprised me. I really expected OSP to run through him but his wrestling was just too much. I would have liked to see him finish the fight though. He was in far too many dominate positions to have thy fight go to the judges.
I agree. When you dominate a guy with takedowns but can't seem to deliver enough punishment or secure a submission it kind of nullifies all the excitement! Wrestlers tend to have trouble finishing for this very reason, but ju jitsu experts know how to end someone on the ground via sub or choke.

Wrestling earns you control, ju jitsu allows you to finish.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #64
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Next Saturday is another Fight Night broadcast (2 actually) and the weekend after is UFC 177: Dillashaw vs Barao 2. This would be the weekend after we take aTm to the woodshed!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #65
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-fight-...n-tkos-maynar/

All I'm saying is... As a wrestler by trade, I liked the main event a lot more than that guy did!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #66
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Am I the only one that was bored by that main event? I thought the Co was a better fight.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #67
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Free post!

Last edited by catdaddy66; 08-17-2014 at 06:15 PM.
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #68
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Am I the only one that was bored by that main event? I thought the Co was a better fight.
The co main was a better fight, but does that make the finale bad? I just have never got that those kind of wrestling dominant fights are boring. Knockouts and slugfests are great entertainment but, as a grappler, I know there a just as much technical expertise in ground work like we saw from Bader. I actually believe there were better fights (Jouban vs Baczinsky) on the card that were better fights also, but I did enjoy the main event for its merits. Thats just me though...