CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2435)
Bruce!!! (1462)
2014 Subway Classic: (1273)
Cocky at the Duck Co (348)
aTm demolishes Kyle (305)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (229)
movers, furniture do (201)
Deer Hunting 2014 (189)
Streaming nfl games (177)
Happy Winter Solstic (135)
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Quandes
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
So, why is next year goin
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Former Gamecock rooting f
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Bruce!!!

Old 08-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default The Knick (Cinemax TV Series)

New Steven Soderbergh series debuted on Friday night.

I was really impressed. The camera work was awesome. The score was interesting too - same composer as the film Drive.

Looking forward to this new show.

Did anyone else check it out?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Re: The Knick (Cinemax TV Series)

Looks good from the trailers that I've seen and I intended on watching it. But I've been watching the Orioles every night and it completely slipped my mind. I'll catch it on demand sometime this week. Glad to hear it's good.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
Looks good from the trailers that I've seen and I intended on watching it. But I've been watching the Orioles every night and it completely slipped my mind. I'll catch it on demand sometime this week. Glad to hear it's good.
There are some "been there done that aspects" about it. IE - Clive Owen as the drug addicted anti-hero doctor. However, it was a very good pilot episode and I expect things to get more and more interesting as the world of the show expands and the viewer gets to know more and more characters.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I liked the the first episode. Probably going to have to find its niche. It was a fairly bloody show and that turns off many people but not me.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I liked the the first episode. Probably going to have to find its niche. It was a fairly bloody show and that turns off many people but not me.

It was a little graphic but not too bad - IMO. My wife hates gore but wasn't really bothered by the 1st epsiode.

It's already been renewed for season 2 and is getting a lot of good pub. Hopefully people watch it. I think most folks get Cinemax with their HBO subscription, so hopefully access to the show is not an issue.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Ratings were not good. 350K watched the premier. HBO reaired it the next night and got 1.7 million, which is solid.

I wonder if the show picks up traction from the HBO showing? I wonder if HBO continues to reair it on Saturday? Regardsless- it has already been granted a 2nd season.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #7
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Ratings were not good. 350K watched the premier. HBO reaired it the next night and got 1.7 million, which is solid.

I wonder if the show picks up traction from the HBO showing? I wonder if HBO continues to reair it on Saturday? Regardsless- it has already been granted a 2nd season.
Orioles were rained out last night so I had time to catch the premiere episode. Good solid start so let's hope that builds from there.

I can understand the low ratings on Cinemax since it's pretty much been the red headed step child to HBO. Also I haven't been able to get into any of the Cinemax series so far. Good idea reairing it on HBO as that should help get some viewers to Cinemax.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Just discovered that the nurse who shoots up Clive Owen's character's dick with coke is Bono's daughter Eve Hewson.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Episode 2 was solid. I'm really enjoying this show. My wife is obsessed with it.

Here's an article abut the actually doctor on which Owen's character is based....

http://www.bustle.com/#/articles/357...red-by-another