CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
bcolinc
JerseyBird
Eug Cock
HailPharoh
SanAntonioCock
kabercr2
Master Bedroom
highstick
CarolinaBand
Why the hesitance to (1401)
2014 Charleston Clas (1079)
Should UNC get death (877)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (677)
BJ Mckie (606)
Getting Back on Trac (458)
Could Pharoh Run the (443)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (419)
Cocky cloth towels (409)
Big George Statue (403)
2014 Charleston Classic *
Should UNC get death pena
Why the hesitance to put
2015 Defensive Line
Name a Gamecock
Fan bias toward a specifi
How many??
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Cocky cloth towels
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 08-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in
Default Wisconsin

Since you guys beat them in a bowl last season, you guys have more insight on them than I do.

What do I need to know about their team? fans?

I know about Melvin Gordon, and that their qb situation is pretty meh. Looks like they lost most of their front 7 on defense. Wide receivers don't appear to be playmakers, and their o-line looks solid as usual.

Their fans so far seem to be pretty annoying. They just resort to academic smack talk and despise the SEC.
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater
Default Re: Wisconsin

Throw the ball deep their secondary is garbage.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerLSUfan View Post
They just resort to academic smack talk and despise the SEC.
That's how you know that they know they're going to lose!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

The run the ball a lot, also as previous poster said, throw it deep, their secondary sucks.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

They can run the ball that's about it, you guys always seem to have massive dts so I think you guys have the personal to stop what they wanna do. Tanner Mcevoy might be starting he was a back up here a couple years ago, I think he could be decent but they don't have a lot dangerous athletes in the slot/perimeter or a legit deep threat.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

As an LSU fan, you should pound whiskey and then watch LSU pound Wisky.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

They can run a clinic on zone blocking. Smart offense...and they do play hard for 4 qtrs.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talonsSt. Louis Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
That's how you know that they know they're going to lose!
Yea – living up here near B1G country that’s all I hear – academics this and academics that.

Great – so their math teacher can beat up our math teacher. Maybe their math teacher can also count those SEC national championship trophies!!!

Chew on that, B1G!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #9
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post

Hahah I like that
Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I think this will end up being a great game.

I think Wisconsin is more settled on their QB than LSU is at this point.

Any idea who the LSU QB will be?

Where does the Fournette kid sit on the RB depth chart?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #11
BeerandBacon
Recruit

Male

BeerandBacon has hatched from the shell

Their message board fans may be a little unrealistic, but I will say that the fans you meet in person will probably be awesome folks. Overall they seem to be good salt of the earth type people and enjoy their football as much as we do. Their primary food groups are beer, meat and cheese. What's not to like?
BeerandBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Don't sleep on their passing game it is improvong with the speed burners they got this year. Their oline like most in the Big 10 is BIG ol BOYS . They pound it pound it more. This possable new wrinkle called a passing game could creap up on the unsuspecting . On d they have several freshmen who may be starting at backer and safety. They also look at 3 safety sets on some run plays to close on the line. Good luck crush the badger .
gsgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Best team in the B1G.

Have fun with them. Their coach refuses to adjust so you should be OK.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

Excellent running game. Ran all over the place in the bowl game. Secondary sucks- throw it deep.

The fans I met were not bad at all. Didn't meet any obnoxious fans. Even had one guy come up to me, shake my hand, and congratulated me on a well deserved win
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

gsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talonsgsgp has developed his gaff and talons

Wisconsin QB's are Joel Stave and Tanner McEvoy
gsgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #16
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit

Male

BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I think this will end up being a great game.

I think Wisconsin is more settled on their QB than LSU is at this point.

Any idea who the LSU QB will be?

Where does the Fournette kid sit on the RB depth chart?
Our QB race hasn't been decided yet, but it will either be Anthony Jennings or Brandon Harris. The fans are behind Harris because he had a better spring game. Jennings had a poor bowl game performance, but he was running a system that was suited for Mettenberger and the conditions were pretty poor.

Both guys are dual threat and have pretty solid arms. I imagine Jennings will get to start due to playing for 1.5 games. I wouldn't be surprised if both guys play against Wisconsin. They have similar skill sets, but Harris is a little faster and has a little stronger arm.

Fournette will get some carries. I expect Magee to get the most carries and Hillaird will get his. I bet the split is something like Magee 17, Fournette 14, Hillaird 12, QB 7.
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #17
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

If you hook up with one of their women, wear sunglasses. Those thighs are pasty and white.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerandBacon View Post
Their message board fans may be a little unrealistic, but I will say that the fans you meet in person will probably be awesome folks. Overall they seem to be good salt of the earth type people and enjoy their football as much as we do. Their primary food groups are beer, meat and cheese. What's not to like?
Got to get it right: Beer, cheese and meat.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerLSUfan View Post
Since you guys beat them in a bowl last season, you guys have more insight on them than I do.

What do I need to know about their team? fans?

I know about Melvin Gordon, and that their qb situation is pretty meh. Looks like they lost most of their front 7 on defense. Wide receivers don't appear to be playmakers, and their o-line looks solid as usual.

Their fans so far seem to be pretty annoying. They just resort to academic smack talk and despise the SEC.
My advice is...........................don't sleep on them.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote