CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
gadeneer1986
PageUSC
SCohioBoy
ACPhilson
The Yancey
KaneisAble
l^l^lBGCock
HBC Weekly Presser (2241)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1133)
4th & 1 Play (1078)
Kentucky prediction (866)
Just Booked my Hotel (831)
So What? (524)
Bad Week For Upstate (391)
Jeopardy: USC and th (329)
Travis Bell's Photos (269)
Best position coach (262)
4th & 1 Play
Best position coach or co
QB Recruiting Strategy
So What?
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
What fish do you eat
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Really excited to visit t

Old 08-17-2014, 11:55 PM   #21
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: I am 35 years-old...is that too old to buy/wear a jersey?

Only acceptable if it's a gamecock/USA jersey.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #22
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #23
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Rock that shit
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #24
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

I don't see any problem with it if you like it rock it.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #25
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

I only wear mine on gamedays. But who cares what you're wearing as long as you're screaming your head off and supporting the guys in garnet and black!
Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 AM   #26
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

You're a grown ass man. Do what you want
Old 08-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #27
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Who cares what others think, if you wanna wear it wear it. If anyone makes a deal about it just ignore them and walk away, because they have bigger issues.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #28
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Once you're eligible to run for President, it's time to give the jerseys up.
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #29
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyClint View Post
Just wondering, because I am planning on going to a few games this year, and I was considering buying a replica jersey to wear to them. I just wanted ya'll's opinion on grown men "rockin" jerseys. Yea or Nay? I know Jim Rome always thought that jerseys should only be worn by kids under the age of 12 or something. So what is ya'll's opinion...is 35 too old to wear a jersey, even if it is just to the game?! Thanks and GO COCKS!
I'm 60 years old. I have 3-4 Jerseys that still fit from the last three
different Uniform changes. I wear them at times and I wear them PROUDLY !!
I have two Carolina Baseball Jerseys. They still fit, and I still wear them
occasionally..... I wear them PROUDLY !!!

If you want to be fashionable or if you're afraid you'll be ridiculed by those
who are fashion conscious I'd not only NOT wear them, but I'd throw the
ones you have away, or give them to a real fan.
If you have no issues what so ever of displaying "The Colors", letting
people know what team you support, or don't give a rat's ass what's
fashionable or not as long as you Rock The Colors ..... Wear them until
you've drawn your last breath on this earth. ...WEAR THEM PROUDLY !!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #30
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

The Nature Boy wears his!!!.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #31
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Idka bout that but 35 IS too old to care what people on a message board think...lol

I wear my jersey on occasions, screw em if the don't like it
Agreed on both sentiments
Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #32
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

If you're 35 or older and need to ask a public forum if its ok to wear a jersey, then you shouldn't think twice about wearing a jersey.

Here's one guy that doesn't mind wearing a jersey:
Old 08-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #33
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

You can only wear it with cargo jorts.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #34
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyClint View Post
Just wondering, because I am planning on going to a few games this year, and I was considering buying a replica jersey to wear to them. I just wanted ya'll's opinion on grown men "rockin" jerseys. Yea or Nay? I know Jim Rome always thought that jerseys should only be worn by kids under the age of 12 or something. So what is ya'll's opinion...is 35 too old to wear a jersey, even if it is just to the game?! Thanks and GO COCKS!
Not being ugly but be a man , do what you want and wear what you want. It only matters if you in a fashion show. It's a football game if you want to wear a jersey wear one!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #35
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I'm 60 years old. I have 3-4 Jerseys that still fit from the last three
different Uniform changes. I wear them at times and I wear them PROUDLY !!
I have two Carolina Baseball Jerseys. They still fit, and I still wear them
occasionally..... I wear them PROUDLY !!!

If you want to be fashionable or if you're afraid you'll be ridiculed by those
who are fashion conscious I'd not only NOT wear them, but I'd throw the
ones you have away, or give them to a real fan.
If you have no issues what so ever of displaying "The Colors", letting
people know what team you support, or don't give a rat's ass what's
fashionable or not as long as you Rock The Colors ..... Wear them until
you've drawn your last breath on this earth. ...WEAR THEM PROUDLY !!
THIS!!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #36
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 46222
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

I'm over 40, I wear all sorts of Gamecock garments, from "leisure" pants (some call them PJs) to "Cockyhead" hat, even have sported a sandstorm towel or pom pom...all in public away from Willie B (mostly during game week), my kids get a kick out of it and they enjoy "cheering" for the Gamecocks. I just do not care what any other person has to say, as long as my kids are happy and laughing and noticing that their dad doesn't "conform" to what others think is "right", that is what matters to me!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #37
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Im over 50 and I wear Gamecock undez....Soo...Rockem if you Gotem...
Old 08-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #38
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Yes...you are too old to wear the replica jersey of a male college kid half your age.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #39
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Yes. too old to wear a jersey...but do what you want....HOWEVER, if you pair the jersey with jean shorts well then there is no hope for you HA! :-)
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #40
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

First, all of the people saying 'do what you want' or 'be a man and wear it' are wrong.

You are completely right to be skeptical about wearing the jersey because you shouldn't.

Rules for jerseys (only applying to men): Unless you play, once you hit high school it's time to hang them up. If it's a game worn jersey, autographed, etc. it may be displayed but not worn.

Game day attire depends on location: At home, t shirt, shorts, jeans etc. are acceptable. If you are in college, I'm just happy you are wearing something clean and you are already being judged for being in college so it really doesn't matter what you are wearing. A grown man should wear polo's to the game along with khakis or appropriate f u pants.

You should dress for how you want to be perceived, and like it or not, if you are wearing a jersey you should accept the fact that you will be seated next to a bathroom, be ignored when ordering drinks at a bar, and be at least a 3rd or 4th round pick with any lady.

As an aside...if the jersey allows for full view of your tapout tattoo then definitely go for it.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote