CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
b381l
MauldinGamecock
jellafever
SpurrierSwag
DontTreadOnMe
Cockypantherfan
Jdallen20
GamecockGirl23
2k15
We Are In Trouble... (5240)
Ulric Jones moved to (3437)
SCREW THE DOOM AND G (2614)
Syvelle Newton on Co (2136)
Other teams picking (1701)
Congrats Damiere Byr (1458)
2016 Football Schedu (843)
To Negative Posters. (658)
Excitement level hei (623)
We are probably goin (495)
Game Threads...
The Official 2015 Atlanta
Predict final4 and Champi
Ulric Jones moved to Offe
UNC's Kiaro Holts vs JD's
Other teams picking up ou
SCREW THE DOOM AND GLOOM
Men's Non Conference sche
2016 Football Schedule
WBB 2015-2016 Starting Li

Old 08-31-2015, 09:00 PM   #1
SpurrierSwag
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
SpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spurs
Default J. Adams doubtful for Thursday.....

And of course it is a walk on behind him on depth chart

Seems like we have more walk ons playing than scholarship players (yes that is an exaggeration)

Last edited by SpurrierSwag; 08-31-2015 at 09:12 PM..
SpurrierSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Re: J. Adams doubtful for Thursday.....

Walton hurting and may be out as well.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPit

Well fuq
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:10 PM   #4
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

I still don't understand how Hurst is in front of both August and Crosby. Oh well, hopefully someone can catch the ball.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
SpurrierSwag
Banned

Male

SpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spursSpurrierSwag has earned his spurs

I think Hayden Hurst will end up being a good player for SC down the line.

But some of you seem to think I am not a SC fan because my posts have been negative. I do understand that sentiment and I really wish I could have more optimism going into the season. I definitely am trying.

But here is what Spurrier said directly about Hurst who is now likely to be our starting TE for Thursday. These are his direct words.

"well, he still doesn't know where to go half the time, but he tries"

How is that supposed to instill confidence? We are two days before our game and we have starters on offense that "don't know where to go half the time." And this isn't just Spurrier being Spurrier. Hurst only arrived in July. So he doesn't know where to go half the time.

Last edited by SpurrierSwag; 08-31-2015 at 09:32 PM..
SpurrierSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

So BAW would start in Walton's place?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 719114716
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Whatever happened to Connor Redmond?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #8
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

There goes the season.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #9
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Was hurt early in practice and had to miss a couple weeks. Almost a definite RS year for him at this point. Plus Hurst might be pretty good if all the reports are correct, if I remember correctly former highly rated football recruit who chose the MLB it didn't work out and he walked on here because he knew Orth.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:30 PM   #10
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

TE - another position with zero depth. This roster is razor thin.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #11
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 989498750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Links:
Quick practice recap: Jerell Adams status in doubt

Jerell Adams unlikely to be ready for opener

Post-practice notes: Adams' status uncertain

Says Adams hasn't practiced in 3 days because his hamstring is bothering him again

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
According to the first link above, Redmond has a back injury.

Last edited by aftertwobowls; 08-31-2015 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: link
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #12
DontTreadOnMe
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 10500
DontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talonsDontTreadOnMe has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrierSwag View Post

But some of you seem to think I am not a SC fan because my posts have been negative. I do understand that sentiment and I really wish I could have more optimism going into the season. I definitely am trying.

But here is what Spurrier said directly about Hurst is now likely to be our starting TE for Thursday. These are his direct words.

How is that supposed to instill confidence? We are two days before our game and we have starters on offense that "don't know where to go half the time." And this isn't just Spurrier being Spurrier. Hurst only arrived in July. So he doesn't know where to go half the time.
I feel the same way buddy. I'm pretty concerned. But I'm still as excited as I ever am for the season
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPit

I wanna know what happened to August and why he's (apparently) not even on the depth chart anymore. He had a pretty good spring and fall, I thought.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #14
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPitIslandCock rules the CockPit

The August part perplexes me as well... been following him for personal reasons and he's played extremely well in scrimmages all year.
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Looking at this, it is either a major error by Spurrier to give out this information, or he thinks that Adams is milking it, and he is wanting to send him a message to get back out on the field. If Adams is truly hurt, SOS should not let it out so that UNC can start game planning on how to tame advantage of this. Especially with blitzing and stunting on the te side. However, if SOS thinks Adams is milking it, this is the way to tell him, "get off your butt, or you aren't going to play."

We will find out tomorrow, I guess. With that said, if Adams doesn't play, it is a major blow.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:42 PM   #16
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 989498750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I wanna know what happened to August and why he's (apparently) not even on the depth chart anymore. He had a pretty good spring and fall, I thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
The August part perplexes me as well... been following him for personal reasons and he's played extremely well in scrimmages all year.
Idk, this 247 article says August is 2nd team though. I know the DC released didn't have him listed though. They probably just forgot and left him off..
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPitSpurz rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac
Looking at this, it is either a major error by Spurrier to give out this information, or he thinks that Adams is milking it, and he is wanting to send him a message to get back out on the field. If Adams is truly hurt, SOS should not let it out so that UNC can start game planning on how to tame advantage of this. Especially with blitzing and stunting on the te side. However, if SOS thinks Adams is milking it, this is the way to tell him, "get off your butt, or you aren't going to play."

We will find out tomorrow, I guess. With that said, if Adams doesn't play, it is a major blow.
Spurrier didn't say Adams was doubtful for the game, right? Just that he was doubtful to start, which is an important distinction. To me, that doesn't sound like he's been ruled out entirely, and it does make me think it could be a motivational ploy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
Idk, this 247 article says August is 2nd team though. I know the DC released didn't have him on it though. They probably just forgot and left him off though.
I also figured it was an oversight but August hasn't even come up in interviews recently, so it's confusing.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #18
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Watching the interview, it sounded more like Spurrier was a little frustrated at Adams and was trying to use this as motivation for him.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #19
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Cooper, Wilds and Williams will have to carry an even bigger load if we lose much more on O. A missing LB is OK. He'll be fresh later.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #20
2k15
Recruit

Male

2k15 is making other chickens nervous2k15 is making other chickens nervous2k15 is making other chickens nervous2k15 is making other chickens nervous2k15 is making other chickens nervous2k15 is making other chickens nervous2k15 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrierSwag View Post

But here is what Spurrier said directly about Hurst who is now likely to be our starting TE for Thursday. These are his direct words.

Honestly, they're giving you guff because you have "swag" in your name. There's been a history of posters with "swag in their username, and they typically get bashed. Everybody knows you're a fan, they'll just make fun of your threads sometimes. Idk what to do differently. It's kind of a ridiculous thing. Just ignore it. Nobody is going to ban you. People respectfully read your posts.
2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote