CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
jrussjr
aten999
qcgamecock
b381l
SanAntonioCock
robgusc76
uscnoklahoma
jellafever
USC girl
manic5_2001
Python Bites Mans P (418)
How Jackie Bradley J (282)
Space X success (261)
Chrome 51 is live (98)
Current Franchise Pl (69)
Current Franchise Playing
Top 8 National Seeds
Skai Moore Neck Surgery
Connor Mitch set to trans
2017 - Jay Urich
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti
Who's in so far from the
How Jackie Bradley Jr. tu
So fan opinion on Holbroo
***[Women] Love Bites - T

Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudlyunccgamecock is crowing loudly
Default Televised Games

In Spurrier's tenure here I feel like 95% of our games were televised. Aside from the in-state games vs CCU, WU, etc (PPV games)..

With the drop off of last two years, do you think there's a chance some of our games won't be televised?

The SEC network addition is huge. I know there's always the CBS Sports channel, Fox Sports, and ESPN U as well for games that aren't as popular.

Just wondering what you all thought.
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Televised Games

All of them will be "televised" in some form or fashion.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #3
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I doubt we see much of a change. Being on TV is almost a guarantee these days.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
gamecocks24
Recruit

Male

gamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his combgamecocks24 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
In Spurrier's tenure here I feel like 95% of our games were televised. Aside from the in-state games vs CCU, WU, etc (PPV games)..

With the drop off of last two years, do you think there's a chance some of our games won't be televised?

The SEC network addition is huge. I know there's always the CBS Sports channel, Fox Sports, and ESPN U as well for games that aren't as popular.

Just wondering what you all thought.
Does PPV still exist for college football? I think with the option of streaming nowadays (ESPN3, SECN+) all of our games will be televised. The only game of ours that I could see being available only via the streaming format this year will be UMASS.
gamecocks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
Does PPV still exist for college football?
Yes. Living out west there are many out of region games that are PPV.

But almost all of those games are also on ESPN3. I can easily wirelessly stream from my computer to my TV so why pay $25 to watch a PPV game when I can get it for free?

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #6
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 1104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Schools used to be able to use one game a year to be only PPV and keep that revenue. Usually, it was a bad game. When the SECN came on, the schools had to give them up to increase inventory for the new network. These are now streamed online as well. All game should be able to be seen in one form or another without having to rely solely on PPV as long as you subscribe to the SECN.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
Carolina97
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot material

With SECN, all games are capable of being watched somehow. For example, the Citadel game last year was on SEC alternative channel; my TV did not offer SECN Alt, but I was able to stream it from my laptop. It was a waste of three hours, but that's another story.

I can't remember the last time we had a game on PPV. 2009?
Carolina97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

With the SECN, gone are the days of hoping for being televised vs PPV
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 999998612457751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
With the SECN, gone are the days of hoping for being televised vs PPV
Yep, that's how I view it anyway. If Vanderbilt can be televised regardless of win loss record, than so can we.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #10
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 46386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

We can be sure that none of our games will be on CBS. Every game will be on some sort of cable channel.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
gamecock1119
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 352
gamecock1119 is making other chickens nervousgamecock1119 is making other chickens nervousgamecock1119 is making other chickens nervousgamecock1119 is making other chickens nervousgamecock1119 is making other chickens nervousgamecock1119 is making other chickens nervousgamecock1119 is making other chickens nervous

Sec network eliminated ppv. All football games are on tv. An SEC TV deal began in 2009 with espn that televised all conference games. That year began the "one game a year on ppv deal". Prior to 2009 some conference games were only available on PPV. Your team had to be in a good matchup to make the cut for tv. For example In 2008 our games against Arkansas and Ole miss were PPV only. The 70-10 slaughter against Coastal Carolina in 2013 was the laSt PPV game the school played

It's amazing to see the day that all the games are on tv. Coming from when I was a kid if I didn't get to go to the game with my dad, the radio was usually my only option.

Nevertheless, when I was a kid we packed the stands whether the game was against Alabama or Furman
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #12
Gamecocktuck
Old-Timer

Male

CockyCash: 301
Gamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his clawsGamecocktuck is sharpening his claws

ESPN App is free which gets you SEC network and SEC +
All games will be available here if not on one of the more traditional channels.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #13
JohnnyMc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
JohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudlyJohnnyMc is crowing loudly

Until we get better we are doomed to have noon games.
JohnnyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #14
Carolina97
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot materialCarolina97 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerooster View Post
We can be sure that none of our games will be on CBS. Every game will be on some sort of cable channel.
In 2013 - our third 11-2 year - we did not get one game on CBS, which I thought was strange.

The one thing I don't like about CBS is that they don't mix it up often. It always seems to be Bama, LSU, Florida, or Georgia almost every week on CBS
Old 05-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #15
manic5_2001
Game MVP

Male

manic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocktuck View Post
All games will be available here if not on one of the more traditional channels.
well not really you must sign into your ISP mine is TWC if I try and watch the games on my PC it asks me to sign into my ISP before it will allow me to stream any SEC network content. So yes ESPN is free but SEC network is not..... you must be a subscriber to a cable/sat network that provides the SEC network. At least this is how it is for me.
manic5_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #16
Carolina97
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocktuck View Post
"Free" = included in your Time Warner, Dish, Comcast, etc. subscription
Old 05-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #17
Senior Rooster
4-Star

Male

Senior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPitSenior Rooster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic5_2001 View Post
well not really you must sign into your ISP mine is TWC if I try and watch the games on my PC it asks me to sign into my ISP before it will allow me to stream any SEC network content. So yes ESPN is free but SEC network is not..... you must be a subscriber to a cable/sat network that provides the SEC network. At least this is how it is for me.
Then sign into your cable/sat carrier on the ESPN APP (WATCH ESPN).
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #18
manic5_2001
Game MVP

Male

manic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
Then sign into your cable/sat carrier on the ESPN APP (WATCH ESPN).
Right..... that is exactly what I said. I was just refuting for at least me the app is free but the access to the content IS NOT. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
manic5_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #19
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 20549441176254
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Was gonna say I thought the Coastal game a few years ago was PPV. I remember getting it through ESPN3 on the computer but there was no pause/rewind/ff capability which kinda stunk. Good thing it was the rout it was
Old 05-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #20
AJ1
Walk On

Male

AJ1 has hatched from the shell

Guessing we'll be on TV most every game, besides maybe an FCS matchup. Might play at noon a lot until we improve, but on TV nonetheless.
AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote