CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
Ironfan
Gamecocks1137
gotrice?
mercjason
Bentley'sRevenge
Take-a-Knee
Cockygaming
Wisercock
pitchcock
Official: Shawn Elli (7717)
The Offensive Line C (6810)
Houston closing in o (1093)
Actual Mugshot From (906)
Bama QB Transfers (723)
Darius English All S (717)
2018 - James Ohonba (463)
Question about last (388)
Greg Lake dead aged (343)
The Last of Us: Part (205)
Official: Shawn Elliott a
The Offensive Line Coach
2017 Commitment - Jamyest
Will you go to the Birmin
2017 - T.J. Moore
Please do me a big favor
The "Undefeateds&quo
Darius English All SEC te
2018 - James Ohonba
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti

Old 11-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
crockcock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs
Default The EAST has been so weak the last 3 to 4 years

at least.....there for taking, these years, and we have got nothing. We have absolutley nothing to show for it. Its embarrassing, dissapointing, in which gives me nothing to be excited about the offseason.....thinking about next year.

At least with Spurrier, one could see it coming......the success was around the corner. Not with this bunch.....sorry. Dont see it.
crockcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: The EAST has been so weak the last 3 to 4 years

You think it's going to be stronger next year?

Nope. It's going to be worse.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Hate to say it, but someone that called into Heath this afternoon was right, the SEC has become what the Big10 used to be, Ohio and everybody else. The SEC is Bama, and everybody else. Sooner or later the tides will turn, heck, Saban has to retire at some point...
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPitSC Tag rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
You think it's going to be stronger next year?

Nope. It's going to be worse.
Why would it be worse? I think Florida and Georgia will be better for sure. Tennessee will still be tough and Kentucky brings back almost everybody.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
NJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPit

With spurrier we were basically bouncing between 6-7 wins with one 8 win season for the first 5 years before we took advantage of the SC recruiting windfall and started to turn things around. Muschamp has shown the ability to recruit high level talent without having to hope for instate kids wanting to stay home. The jury is out on Muschamp's ability to build an offense and build a winner, but this first season isn't much different from Spurrier's early years. Only that we have better recruiting now.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #6
crockcock
Banned

Male

crockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurscrockcock has earned his spurs

I just don't see UGA getting any worse....I see them taking 5 giant steps forward next year. UF will be better....they have been very very slowly, getting better.....but nothing to really to brag about. Tenn will be about the same. UK will be better......even Vandy is going to be better.

Our direction on Off is so puzzling. It just seems to me that the coaches are all not on the same page offensively. I think our D, will be much much better next year. Therefore, because of the scheming, play-calling, management of game, etc.....I just dont see it. I bet you....bet you, next year will be so much more frustrating because the D will have there act together for the most part....but the O will be more inconsistent than consistent.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #7
theclosersc
Recruit

Male

theclosersc has hatched from the shell

Read today that Jim McElwain is possibly interested in the Oregon job...
theclosersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockcock View Post
at least.....there for taking, these years, and we have got nothing. We have absolutley nothing to show for it. Its embarrassing, dissapointing, in which gives me nothing to be excited about the offseason.....thinking about next year.

At least with Spurrier, one could see it coming......the success was around the corner. Not with this bunch.....sorry. Dont see it.
Are you available for kids birthday parties?
Old 11-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #9
crockcock
Banned

Male

Agreed...
Old 11-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #10
theclosersc
Recruit

Male

theclosersc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
I just dont see it. I bet you....bet you, next year will be so much more frustrating because the D will have there act together for the most part....but the O will be more inconsistent than consistent.
why would you think our offense would be even more inconsistent?

We're going to get a full off season with Bentley...not to mention he had games to get some cohesion and familiarity with Dowdle, Edwards, Samuel, Crosby, Hurst, etc. There will still be questions with the offensive line, but in regards to the other positions, I think we should take a step forward.

Defense is where I would wonder if we'd take a step forward or remain somewhat similar because of all the new faces we will have.
theclosersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #11
crockcock
Banned

Male

Only if you are available to blow out the candles.....
Old 11-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #12
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

You could see success around the corner with Spurrier? Which team were you watching in 2014 and 2015? Did Spurrier make a bunch of great assistant coaching hires that I just didn't notice? Were we bringing in a bunch of great recruits that nobody told me about?

If you were watching Spurrier's team trending towards success, I really don't know what to tell you.

I hate to beat a dead horse with the discussion of where we ultimately ended up under Spurrier, but you can't just say he was leading us to great things and suddenly Muschamp has let it all go to hell with no signs of improvement.

We're 6-6, coming off a 3-9 year, and we have some of the best recruits coming in that we've landed since Clowney signed 5 or 6 years ago. We suck and we're recruiting better than we have in YEARS. If that doesn't give you some hope I don't know if anything will.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #13
crockcock
Banned

Male

Listen, first of all, I hate to bring up Spurriers name or seem like I am glorifying him. To me he is a quitter.....and his legacy is tarnished for it. But I will say, you could see what Spurrier and his staff was trying to do....accomplish. His O teams had continuity, ball management success. You could see the success coming.

The Bentley kid will only get better/great if he is under the right coaches. Talent is there and more is coming....lets see how Roper puts it together.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #14
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just don't see UGA getting any worse....I see them taking 5 giant steps forward next year. UF will be better....they have been very very slowly, getting better.....but nothing to really to brag about. Tenn will be about the same. UK will be better......even Vandy is going to be better.

Our direction on Off is so puzzling. It just seems to me that the coaches are all not on the same page offensively. I think our D, will be much much better next year. Therefore, because of the scheming, play-calling, management of game, etc.....I just dont see it. I bet you....bet you, next year will be so much more frustrating because the D will have there act together for the most part....but the O will be more inconsistent than consistent.
How is UF going to be better? Their starting defense is made up of mostly juniors and seniors. A lot of those guys are going to the NFL next year. Oh and by the way, those are ALL of Champ and TRob's players.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #15
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
How is UF going to be better? Their starting defense is made up of mostly juniors and seniors. A lot of those guys are going to the NFL next year. Oh and by the way, those are ALL of Champ and TRob's players.
I wonder if the FLA boosters are kicking themselves for giving Muschamp the boot so fast.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #16
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062820669917
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

The last 3 or 4 years? No, more like the last 10 years.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #17
Muschamp
Walk On

Male

Muschamp has hatched from the shell

It start at the top I have said it for years Tanner is not an AD
Muschamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #18
conwaycock2
Game MVP

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Listen, first of all, I hate to bring up Spurriers name or seem like I am glorifying him. To me he is a quitter.....and his legacy is tarnished for it. But I will say, you could see what Spurrier and his staff was trying to do....accomplish. His O teams had continuity, ball management success. You could see the success coming.

The Bentley kid will only get better/great if he is under the right coaches. Talent is there and more is coming....lets see how Roper puts it together.
Beg to differ, big time. For the vast majority of the Spurrier era, defense carried the water. Connor Shaw was the 1st QB Spurrier coached here who exhausted his eligibility. That occurred in 2013, Spurrier arrived at USC in 2005. His offense was frequently a cluster with a merry-go-round of various QB's who nearly all transferred. Even with Shaw the plays very frequently broke down but he was able to move the chains because of his quick feet. Thompson in 2014 was probably the only QB that actually ran the offense like Spurrier really wanted it run & how it was designed. 2015 was a repeat of most everything that happened prior to the Garcia/Shaw era on offense, only difference was the defense was now terrible. Spurrier saw no hope & retired 1/3 of the way thru the season. We were never any jaggernaut on offense under Spurrier. Anytime we did not field an elite defense, we were mediocre because Spurrier's offenses at USC were never going to carry an even average defense.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 11-29-2016 at 08:01 PM..
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:52 PM   #19
TAFC 5 1981
Bowl MVP

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Beg to differ, big time. For the vast majority of the Spurrier era, defense carried the water. Connor Shaw was the 1st QB Spurrier coached here who exhausted his eligibility. That occurred in 2013, Spurrier arrived at USC in 2005. His offense was frequently a cluster with a merry-go-round of various QB's who nearly all transferred. Even with Shaw the plays very frequently broke down but he was able to move the chains because of his quick feet. Thompson in 2014 was probably the only QB that actually ran the offense like
Spurrier really wanted it run & how it was designed. 2016 was a repeat of most everything that happened prior to the Garcia era on offense, only difference was the defense was now terrible. We were never any jaggernaut on offense under Spurrier.
Good point.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #20
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muschamp View Post
It start at the top I have said it for years Tanner is not an AD
We probably should be glad we didn't get Herman, because we'd be looking for a coach, right now. Muschamp will stay.

And, our basketball teams are rocking, right now. Baseball is still playoff quality. I think the evidence is against you.