CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
smoovecock
CockyDevil
SanAntonioCock
markp_vip
JerseyBird
3MTA3
Gamecockboyo
kingofnerf
I Bleed Garnet
Date Muschamp Gets H (1681)
We can beat anybody. (1036)
Thornwell (849)
Woman found dead in (799)
Budget crisis could (738)
Forty-four and four (565)
Four invited to NFL (518)
WCBB: Florida at Sou (457)
SEC to use replay co (97)
Dark Souls 3 - PS4/X (69)
Name a Gamecock
Budget crisis could cance
**USC (21-3) vs. Kentucky
**USC (20-3) vs. LSU (15-
SEC to use replay command
Ole miss VB player from I
McIlwain prioritizing foo
***Put Me In Coach - Soft
Date Muschamp Gets His 10
2017 First Junior Day Feb

Old 01-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot material
Default Which players benefit the most?

Just thinking to myself which players benefit the most from our new coaches and systems?

I believe Bryson Allen-Williams is going to benefit from the scheme T-Rob and Muschamp are going to put in place. Them utilizing a stand up DE/ LB who's primary job is to rush the passer seems to be Bryson's forte. Coming out of HS that was what he was known for and we've seen glimpses of the potential he has with his athleticism and quick first step.

I think the biggest beneficiary from the Roper Offense is going to be Shaq Davidson. He hasn't done anything worth noting. Granted, he's been hurt since he has been on campus until now when he is healthy. He is a great talent who is explosive with the ball in his hands and the players that benefit from the Offenses like this fit the mold of Shaq. Really hoping he can stay healthy and take one of the WR spots. He is one of the most talented players on our roster.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
2k15
Committed

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162500
2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Which players benefit the most?

For defense...

A guy who I think will start and stand out is Keir Thomas in that BUCK position. Just to have a guy with that size, speed, and tackling ability back in the system is awesome. He's a guy who seems to keep to himself and leave it out on the field. Can definately see him stand out this year. Mark my wrds.

As for returning players, Chris Lammons has always had height, hands, and speed as a CB, and under Muschamp's system, I don't see how we could play Harris Jr. I think Lammons will have a standout year.

If Moore stays, he'll benefit a lot from just having to cover his position instead of the entire LB area.

I don't really know what to think of the offense yet.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #3
TakeEM
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
TakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his claws

D: Whitlow, BAW, & Lammons

O: Nunez, Nunez, Nunez, then Shaq and Deebo. The running style seems like it would benefit Williams strengths, but his vision is not there, and he has issues catching short throws. I'm hoping a solid RB steps up.
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #4
2k15
Committed

Male

2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit2k15 rules the CockPit

Fun fact: Skai Moore was rated .0003 higher than Keir Thomas. Hopefully, they'll play very similarly if Skai stays!
Old 01-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #5
Wisercock
Blue Chip

Male

Wisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPit

David Williams and Mon Denson. (or possibly Dowdle) Our running game has got to be more consistent. We were never able to show we could beat anyone rushing the ball - at least enough to make them change their defense. I also hope that Neal and/or Owens have a break out year at WR - along with Samuel and Davidson.

The entire defense will benefit. I look for solid improvement on the DL. Players like Lewis, Sawyer, Stallworth and Whitlow should benefit greatly.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #6
CockyBeast
Banned

Male

CockyBeast has feathers coming inCockyBeast has feathers coming inCockyBeast has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
David Williams and Mon Denson. (or possibly Dowdle) Our running game has got to be more consistent. We were never able to show we could beat anyone rushing the ball - at least enough to make them change their defense. I also hope that Neal and/or Owens have a break out year at WR - along with Samuel and Davidson.

The entire defense will benefit. I look for solid improvement on the DL. Players like Lewis, Sawyer, Stallworth and Whitlow should benefit greatly.

I believe having a running identity is key but I'm not optimistic about David Williams..the regression from year 1 to year 2 is pretty dramatic. I think Dowdle will be a slot athlete hybrid though not a pure RB tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CockyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I'm actually looking at David Johnson.
Guy seems to fit the Buck build and he played better the final few games.

With better coaching, I think he could benefit greatly from the change.

Another one...Chaz Elder....saw flashes when he first got here, and maybe T-Rob can get him back to that.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

lilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Another one...Chaz Elder....saw flashes when he first got here, and maybe T-Rob can get him back to that.
Would be nice to see him, Diggs, and Moody (who has had second thoughts on staying) go out with a bang in the secondary. Also expect D.J Smith to play and make some improvements, the instincts are there just has to work on the little things.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #9
ICEHOCEY77
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
ICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talonsICEHOCEY77 has developed his gaff and talons

Nunez running the power spread is going to be a beautiful thing. Just needs to work on being a better passer this off-season.
ICEHOCEY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #10
Wisercock
Blue Chip

Male

Wisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPitWisercock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
Nunez running the power spread is going to be a beautiful thing. Just needs to work on being a better passer this off-season.
I'm not optimistic about his passing, but I don't think Mangus and Spurrier did a very good job with him. Hopefully, Roper will help him refine his existing throwing mechanics to make him effective. He also has to stop thinking run first and concentrate on keeping his attention downfield.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:31 AM   #11
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his combRphBallCoach is developing his comb

It will be interesting to see how Roper handles non performing QBs.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #12
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23588816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Mcilwain...he is learning a new system as is Nunez and Is much more polished..Nunez has only been here for 1 fall more than mcilwain but under a diff system. Nunez also was making mistakes that were covered up..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #13
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
...but I don't think Mangus and Spurrier did a very good job with him.....
Not really fair....they didn't have much time to get Lo ready...G.A. gets credit for Shaw/Thompson......the Mitch blowout is a head scratcher.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #14
LuckyCharm
Clowney's huge sack

Male

LuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talons

lorenzo made mistakes that all our young QBs make. he'll get better with experience, and now with tutelage from roper as well as bobby Bentley, very likely, as well as another year of conditioning and practice, he has the chance to get closer to being able to do what a spread quarterback needs to do in the SEC. we'll just have to see who looks best when it all shakes out
LuckyCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Defensively I'm really lookin for us to be more aggressive and attack the offense. I want to see tighter coverages and blitzes. We have to pressure the QB into mistakes.

Do we have an idea of Champ's philosophy on pressure? I hope it is closer to Venable's style where he attacks constantly.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #16
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Not really fair....they didn't have much time to get Lo ready...G.A. gets credit for Shaw/Thompson......the Mitch blowout is a head scratcher.
Makes me wonder if it was because of Mitch or the staff.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #17
Dizzy01
Bowl MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

All of the offensive guys may benefit simply from the chance to have a consistent system. The schizophrenic style is hopefully a thing of the past and there won't be 3 guys trying to do 3 different things.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #18
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3557647055
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Skai Moore
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #19
2k15
Committed

Male

Elliot Fry
Old 01-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #20
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Whichever guys hate the "I don't care" attitude.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote