CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
PageUSC
The Yancey
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
zcockz
HBC Weekly Presser (1944)
Thompson Has Neck In (1450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (983)
4th & 1 Play (846)
Clowney didnt get ma (753)
Zone Read Analysis w (742)
What fish do you eat (732)
So What? (417)
Request (384)
Kentucky prediction (334)
Kentucky prediction
Just Booked my Hotel for
What fish do you eat
Dylan Thompson looks brok
State talent drying up
KY Suspends 4 Players for
4th & 1 Play
So What?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha

Old 09-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit
Default liquor in the stadium

Question to my CT friends....

The guy beside me in WB always smuggles in cheap* liquor to mix with the several - three to four - cokes he buys during the game. I know alcohol is banned in the stadium and carries a stiff penalty of some kind if caught, so I'm curious what the motivation is for defying the rule. I know this guy isn't the only one who does this so I'm guessing there are some here that do it too. What is the reward that is so worth the risk?

I tailgate and I drink, so I'm certainly not morally opposed to alcohol. To me, though, it seems like you'd have to be one heck of a raging alcoholic to not be able to make it through a 3 hour game without drinking, especially after tailgating all day and knowing the cooler is back at the car afterwards.

Oh, and the dude is like 40, not a redneck, and sits with his wife who shares his drinks with him.

Can someone explain?

*The fact that I distinguished his liquor as cheap has no real bearing on the question. I wouldn't understand just as much if he pulled out a bottle of Laphroaig 25 (but I'd be jealous). Calling his liquor cheap is just simple snobbery.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: liquor in the stadium

alcoholic?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 698
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

What section were you in?
Old 09-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
Black Hole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Black Hole has hatched from the shell

Because... It's his body, his life, his soul. Just because there are rules against consumption of alcohol in a collegiate stadium doesn't mean he has to obey. There are those who follow the left hand path that feel that They don't have to answer to a soul other than he himself. You know the famous quote from Aliester Crowley? Do what thou wilt! Bottom line... People need to learn how to mind their own business
Black Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #5
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
Question to my CT friends....

The guy beside me in WB always smuggles in cheap* liquor to mix with the several - three to four - cokes he buys during the game. I know alcohol is banned in the stadium and carries a stiff penalty of some kind if caught, so I'm curious what the motivation is for defying the rule. I know this guy isn't the only one who does this so I'm guessing there are some here that do it too. What is the reward that is so worth the risk?

I tailgate and I drink, so I'm certainly not morally opposed to alcohol. To me, though, it seems like you'd have to be one heck of a raging alcoholic to not be able to make it through a 3 hour game without drinking, especially after tailgating all day and knowing the cooler is back at the car afterwards.

Oh, and the dude is like 40, not a redneck, and sits with his wife who shares his drinks with him.

Can someone explain?

*The fact that I distinguished his liquor as cheap has no real bearing on the question. I wouldn't understand just as much if he pulled out a bottle of Laphroaig 25 (but I'd be jealous). Calling his liquor cheap is just simple snobbery.
have you seen the way we have played this year? it is enough to drive anyone to drink
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:15 AM   #6
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Ya know not everyone tailgates and gets to drink before the game. Either way don't see the big deal lots of people around me drink its part of the atmosphere. Seems like you have something against this guy to just go ahead and call him an alchoholic because he brings in mini bottles.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:19 AM   #7
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 698
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole View Post
Because... It's his body, his life, his soul. Just because there are rules against consumption of alcohol in a collegiate stadium doesn't mean he has to obey. There are those who follow the left hand path that feel that They don't have to answer to a soul other than he himself. You know the famous quote from Aliester Crowley? Do what thou wilt! Bottom line... People need to learn how to mind their own business
Wasn't that guy a satanist?
Old 09-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #8
Black Hole
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Wasn't that guy a satanist?
He was an Alchemist... A God in the flesh. World leaders... Especially Churchill greatly feared him. Very smart dude.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #9
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

You guys have it all wrong. I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game (which he doesn't).

The question was/is considering alcohol is prohibited in the stadium, what makes sneaking it in worth the risk of being caught and removed?

The argument that some people don't get to tailgate doesn't change the question and neither does the "shut up and mind your own business" retort.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:51 AM   #10
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

If they're not belligerent or rude to those around them and make noise when called for......their deal. Many don't make it in time to tailgate. It doesn't bother me if they can hold their liquor

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:02 AM   #11
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

You're right, question was risk vs reward? I guess risk is questionable, but reward is, well, I think the reward is obvious if no time to tailgate

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #12
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Personally whatever drinking I do these days is at my tailgate but I smell drinks around me all the time and I don't mind, everyone is discreet and behaves. I've certainly done it myself many times. I think you'd have to be pretty obvious pouring it and then act disorderly before you'd get in trouble for it.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #13
robertfootball
Walk On

Male

robertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming in

They've been cracking down on it last year and this year I've noticed. I've seen several people get hauled out around me for getting caught.
robertfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:17 AM   #14
Black Hole
Walk On

Male

Neyland stadium targets opposing team fans. They litterally have a security force with binoculars in the booths hawking fans. I seen with my own eyes 15-20 gamecock fans get thrown out of the stadium. I will never go to that scrappy stadium ever again. The fans and police treating visiting teams fans like pure sh!t. Absolute worse place to go a game!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
If they're not belligerent or rude to those around them and make noise when called for......their deal. Many don't make it in time to tailgate. It doesn't bother me if they can hold their liquor
Is it rude to spill the cup of rum and coke on the person in front of you or just careless? The lady behind me had just poured her rum in her cup in was trying to mix it when she dumped the mostly rum down my back at the Mizzou game. I smelled like a distillery and was damp the rest of the game. She was apologetic but that sucked.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #16
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
You guys have it all wrong. I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game (which he doesn't).

The question was/is considering alcohol is prohibited in the stadium, what makes sneaking it in worth the risk of being caught and removed?

The argument that some people don't get to tailgate doesn't change the question and neither does the "shut up and mind your own business" retort.
Problem is your question is open ended and there is tons of reasons, the main one is because you can get a little drunk and cheer a whole lot harder. The risk also isn't that great they may be cracking down but they really only have kicked out people acting like an idiot or carrying being super obvious.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
Is it rude to spill the cup of rum and coke on the person in front of you or just careless? The lady behind me had just poured her rum in her cup in was trying to mix it when she dumped the mostly rum down my back at the Mizzou game. I smelled like a distillery and was damp the rest of the game. She was apologetic but that sucked.
Not really rude, as it was an accident lol. Also it could of happened even if she wasnt drinking alchohol and it was just regular old coke.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #18
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemurraycock View Post
Jameis Winston gave you his advice.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #19
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

These people are losers and you should report them. If you have to smuggle in liquor to a football game to enjoy it you're there for the wrong reason. Stay home, stay at the tailgate or go to a bar. If you can't wait a few hours you have a problem or you're looking for one.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #20
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Some people enjoy drinking during the game, some people don't. I'll never understand why people feel like alcohol is a requirement for watching football, but to each his/her own.

I'd rather enjoy the experience fully coherent and aware, especially if it is an away game.