CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
Spur's Addiction
highstick
StormOfTalons
Order 66
gAmkok
eightohhthree
Carolina-Beez
Gyle41386
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Rank the SEC startin (1497)
Defensive personnel (1345)
Kendrick salley (1340)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1236)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1236)
Cack's Toast of the (758)
Defense not an issue (736)
Legitimate, Unbiased (517)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (514)
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Defense not an issue....
SEC East Race as of 9/21
open discussion of this t
Kendrick salley
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
I guess we don't get all
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Defensive personnel quest

Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default Oh Alabama....

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/in..._national.html

You are receiving this email because you are a Chi Omega living in Alabama.

Chi Omega is aware of the image that has been circulating via social media and we have been in communication with The University of Alabama administration. What was expressed is absolutely reprehensible and completely inconsistent with Chi Omega's values and policies. Chi Omega took swift disciplinary action in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. The woman who took the photo is no longer a member of the chapter.

Chi Omega embraces women from all walks of life, who come together to form a network of friends with high standards and similar values. The Chi Omega chapter at the University of Alabama pledged a diverse group of young women, which included several new members who self-identified as minorities, including two African-American women.

Should you receive any queries from the media, please refer them to the Executive Headquarters for comment.

Thank you, Sisters.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/oyVPoYx.jpg

Pretty much stole this from another message board, but doesn't surprise me in the least. The b!tch I got this from on the other board is an Auburn fan and wouldn't post the picture because he thought any one of those girl's fathers might call the cops on him. What a bitch, someone else posted it.

I'm often embarrassed to be from the south, but at least I'm not from Alabama.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Oh Alabama....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post

Chi Omega is aware of the image that has been circulating via social media and we have been in communication with The University of Alabama administration. What was expressed is absolutely reprehensible and completely inconsistent with Chi Omega's values and policies. Chi Omega took swift disciplinary action in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. The woman who took the photo is no longer a member of the chapter.

Chi Omega embraces women from all walks of life, who come together to form a network of friends with high standards and similar values. The Chi Omega chapter at the University of Alabama pledged a diverse group of young women, which included several new members who self-identified as minorities, including two African-American women.

Should you receive any queries from the media, please refer them to the Executive Headquarters for comment.

Thank you, Sisters.

Pretty much stole this from another message board, but doesn't surprise me in the least. The b!tch I got this from on the other board is an Auburn fan and wouldn't post the picture because he thought any one of those girl's fathers might call the cops on him. What a bitch, someone else posted it.

I'm often embarrassed to be from the south, but at least I'm not from Alabama

Why would you ever be embarrassed to be from the South? BTW- Birmingham is 100x's better than Columbia.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

No shots at Columbia. I loved my 5 yrs there but there's not much comparison bt bham and cola.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
No shots at Columbia. I loved my 5 yrs there but there's not much comparison bt bham and cola.
They both have an area of the city called 5 Points...
Old 08-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:

Thank you, Sisters.

I don't get it, is CHI O saying the two African-American women are N***AS?
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:56 AM   #6
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 850200
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Quote:

Thank you, Sisters.

If you can't be proud of where you're from minus some idiots then I feel sorry for you!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
I don't get it, is CHI O saying the two African-American women are N***AS?

No, obviously, since the OP is often embarrassed to be from the South, it must be the whole South.

I remember sitting at a yacht club bar in CT, and realized there were no black people there. When I asked why, I was told "We don't let N's in."

It was the south shore of Ct, so that must be blamed on the South as well.

As far as those girls, well, a spanking could do wonders.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
No, obviously, since the OP is often embarrassed to be from the South, it must be the whole South.

I remember sitting at a yacht club bar in CT, and realized there were no black people there. When I asked why, I was told "We don't let N's in."

It was the south shore of Ct, so that must be blamed on the South as well.

As far as those girls, well, a spanking could do wonders.
I volunteer to do the spanking...
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #9
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

#greeklife
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Sumpthen is not right about this Chi Omega is a Sorority for one thing! Take a look at the pic...there is a foot on the bottom left side that does not fit. I don't buy it. And SMDH at the guy who is embarrassed being from the south!!!! Advise move!!!!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #11
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Good for Chi-O for removing the member. No place for that.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Good for Chi-O for removing the member. No place for that.
Yeah, its one of those things that is supposed to be understood, but never spoken (or documented)
Old 08-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit

Probably shouldn't have made my last comment in the OP... oh well.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #14
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Probably shouldn't have made my last comment in the OP... oh well.
Eh, there's a difference in being "embarrassed to be FROM the South" and "embarrassed FOR the South"

I often find myself in the latter category
Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #15
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Don't get me wrong I meant what I said and how I phrased it.. just probably shouldn't have said it.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #16
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I meant what I said and how I phrased it.. just probably shouldn't have said it.
Well then I side with others...anyone who is embarrassed of being from somewhere should probably just move.

I could be from the most backwards place on earth (no, I'm not from Pickens) and I still wouldnt be embarrassed of being from there- because where you come from, your upbringing, all of that...helps determine who you are. To be embarrassed of that is pretty damn close to being embarrassed of how you came to be who you are.

And, personally- I've got a bit more pride in myself than that.
But, hey...some people are just self-loathers.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I've made several trips to the Northeast part of the country
(Massachusetts, New York, Maryland, W. Virginia, .....) I've spent some
time in the Midwest before (Detroit, Chicago, Nebraska....) and I've spent
a couple of weeks at a time in California and Washington on the west
Coast. There is NOTHING ...Let me repeat that for clarity. There is NOTHING
in any part of this country that I've seen that makes me sorry to be from,
or makes me feel embarrassed about living in the South. .. NOTHING !!
There is NOTHING in any other part of this country that makes me feel like
I would be in a better area or situation by moving out of the South To
THERE. ... NOTHING. I have been to many places in the US that make me
glad as hell to be from the south, and make me feel embarrassed for those
who live in those other places.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #18
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
Sumpthen is not right about this Chi Omega is a Sorority for one thing! Take a look at the pic...there is a foot on the bottom left side that does not fit. I don't buy it. And SMDH at the guy who is embarrassed being from the south!!!! Advise move!!!!
My sorority is officially called a Fraternity too. Any organization founded before the term "sorority" was created is called a Fraternity. The heading is correct.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by etowngangsta View Post
I volunteer to do the spanking...
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 850200
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I've made several trips to the Northeast part of the country
(Massachusetts, New York, Maryland, W. Virginia, .....) I've spent some
time in the Midwest before (Detroit, Chicago, Nebraska....) and I've spent
a couple of weeks at a time in California and Washington on the west
Coast. There is NOTHING ...Let me repeat that for clarity. There is NOTHING
in any part of this country that I've seen that makes me sorry to be from,
or makes me feel embarrassed about living in the South. .. NOTHING !!
There is NOTHING in any other part of this country that makes me feel like
I would be in a better area or situation by moving out of the South To
THERE. ... NOTHING. I have been to many places in the US that make me
glad as hell to be from the south, and make me feel embarrassed for those
who live in those other places.
I 100% agree with this, I move pretty frequently for work and have had the opportunity to live in numerous places around the globe; people that are ashamed to be from their home usually have issues. It always makes me laugh when some Southernís hate to admit that they are from the South. All I can say is take a little trip and spend some time in the Mecca of the Northeast, New York City it will change your perception of people with a hurry!

To get back to the main subject though, there are racists folks all over this globe and thatís sad but, still the ugly truth. To address the picture, the girls should have their membership revoked and not allowed to participate in the sororities activities, period.

Does this make the subject of race in general connected with the South? I believe it still is to this day, has it always been a part of the South, yes and in many ways acknowledging it gives people an opportunity to move pasted it. This picture gives an example of how many people think on BOTH sides of the fence, it doesnít make it right but, the truth often isnít nice and shinny for all to see!