CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
b381l
JDJones
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
SanAntonioCock
kingofnerf
aftertwobowls
kick_ball
2014 Charleston Clas (3307)
**USC Women vs. Clem (2565)
10 years since " (1294)
Sidney Rice is havin (1257)
Fan bias toward a sp (1166)
Family, Faith, and G (866)
Why the hesitance to (819)
BJ Mckie (223)
Hospitality Area? (222)
Cocky cloth towels (182)
**USC Women vs. Clemson G
10 years since "the
ESPNís Marisa Martin Make
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs
how do you feel about Cle
2014 Charleston Classic *
Previewing Cornell
Up Next: Gildan Charlesto
USC women new #1?
Dylan's post-game sidelin

Old 08-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #41
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999760
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: Vote for Browns starting QB - Shaw

The infestation will soon be over. The lights of WB will makes these roaches scatter.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #42
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

I voted. Shaw votes are up to 69.98%.
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #43
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Connor with 70.01% of the vote, with 3 times as much as Hoyer.. haha Landslide
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #44
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

I noticed the headline "Shaw: Just Name Hoyer the starter already" on the main sports page from the link and was concerned until I clicked on it and saw it was talking about Bud Shaw.

Last edited by bhusc2002; 08-19-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Picture wasn't posting
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #45
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thGauge View Post

Keep talkin
The fact that Aggies are proud of that is telling. I though A&M was a proud school?

I can't wait for Clowney to get a hold of Johny Blow. I just hope Johny stays in the league long enough, and stays out of rehab. At least Tebow got a job on the NFL network, Johny will have pissed off so many that I doubt he even gets that.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #46
Cock
NoH0mer

Male

Cock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudlyCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Gamecocks will dominate an online poll like no other.
^ this.

*voted.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #47
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

carolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPit

just voted... Shaw with over 71% now.
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #48
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

I am not going to quote the troll from the aggies fan base that thinks that little johnnys personality is a positive? But this tells me all I need to know about this person and likely most of that fan base.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #49
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Every pundit I have listened to about this game NEVER brought up Connor's name. Why is that? He outperformed both the "favorites".
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #50
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Every pundit I have listened to about this game NEVER brought up Connor's name. Why is that? He outperformed both the "favorites".
Because he is just a lowly undrafted free agent. Not a first round pick who throws up a middle finger and gets all of the attention.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #51
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
The fact that Aggies are proud of that is telling. I though A&M was a proud school?

I can't wait for Clowney to get a hold of Johny Blow. I just hope Johny stays in the league long enough, and stays out of rehab. At least Tebow got a job on the NFL network, Johny will have pissed off so many that I doubt he even gets that.
He'll always have his rich daddy to support him.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #52
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

The Heisman Curse lives on
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #53
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Bellichik will never play the offense that Connor needs...I think there's a place for him and hopefully not in Cleveland...I get a real charge out of you guys that think polls mean anything to an owner that just coughed up several million for a jerk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
The best think for Connor would be getting cut. Manziel will be the starter, then everything will meltdown like it has been prophesied. Hopefully a good team like Philly or New England will pick him up.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #54
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 1172754
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Voted for the man himself!!! The Legend!!
Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #55
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200537809048022286
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Old 08-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #56
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
I am dead serious, they would be fools not to start Shaw
Old 08-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #57
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thGauge View Post
Johnny went against 4th string? At the end of the game? He started against 1st, went to second in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. Then all the others came in ie: Connor Shaw. Look he is talented... just not NFL starting talent
So Johnny wasn't in the game in the 4th quarter? Right before Shaw came in?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #58
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I can't help but laugh at the people out there who think there's a whole world of difference between Shaw and Hoyer/JF, and they believe there is so much of a gap that it's silly to even mention Shaw in the conversation.

All that showed me last night is that that gap is a lot smaller than I think anybody could've imagined.

I'm not saying Connor would've marched it down the field against first stringers, but I've yet to see those other two clowns do that either.

At least Connor has looked good with the opportunity he was given.

Nobody can say that for either of those other QBs who are just "so much better..."

What a joke. Are they "better?" Probably. But based on what evidence? I've watched both of those crappy preseason games, and it didn't take garnet goggles to see who looked the most polished of the three.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #59
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Just a note, everyone is already spelling Connor correctly. Boom!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #60
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
I can't help but laugh at the people out there who think there's a whole world of difference between Shaw and Hoyer/JF, and they believe there is so much of a gap that it's silly to even mention Shaw in the conversation.

All that showed me last night is that that gap is a lot smaller than I think anybody could've imagined.

I'm not saying Connor would've marched it down the field against first stringers, but I've yet to see those other two clowns do that either.

At least Connor has looked good with the opportunity he was given.

Nobody can say that for either of those other QBs who are just "so much better..."

What a joke. Are they "better?" Probably. But based on what evidence? I've watched both of those crappy preseason games, and it didn't take garnet goggles to see who looked the most polished of the three.

One thing to note is with a QB and WR timing plays a huge part. Yes JFF was working with some 3's but has he worked with those guys very much??? Not likely, Shaw on the other hand has been practicing off to the side with all of those guys and the timing is down. Shaw looked good, but he wasn't flawless... that one handed grab in the video was a nice catch, but that ball sailed out of his hands and had the receiver not made that incredible catch that was right in the waiting safety's bread basket... go back and watch it.
Yes he was was able to toss a jump ball that his teammate came down with after bouncing around a bit, but he was still unable to cash in on the one throw that mattered and that was the 2 pt conversion that failed and still lost the game...
I will say it again, one game with 10 throws does not make an NFL starter. Did he earn a chance to prove himself further? Absolutely but tap the brakes a bit guys. Look at some of the other posts from USC fans on this site that talk about how hard it is for a freshman QB to do well in a hostile environment and then ask yourself is the learning curve that much easier for a college QB going into the pros? I would say it is even harder. You are going from 110 teams in the FBS to 32 in the pros.

Shaw looked good, but he is not ready to be a starter either