CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
markp_vip
l^l^lBGCock
ChickenButt
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
ScottK
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
Vote For Cocky
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!

Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Lattimore Tidbit

Someone was listening to his step father on the radio today and he said Marcus' hamstring problem had been blown out of proportion.....he also said he expected Marcus would play this preseaon, but the 49's were bringing him along slowly and were taking great care of him. Sounds like good news to me.

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lattimore Tidbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Someone was listening to his step father on the radio today and he said Marcus' hamstring problem had been blown out of proportion.....he also said he expected Marcus would play this preseaon, but the 49's were bringing him along slowly and were taking great care of him. Sounds like good news to me.

Any idea when in the preseason? I sure miss watching Latti take it to the house.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Any idea when in the preseason? I sure miss watching Latti take it to the house.
he didn't say.....my guess since they are bringing him along slowly, either game 3 or 4.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Good to hear. Thx
Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Nice job, thanks for posting that!
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #6
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Ready to see that 21
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #7
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs

I'll still worry about him getting injured again until he gets a few yards under his belt. Is it just a coincidence he had two similar yet horrific injuries to separate legs? I pray he is not just prone to such circumstances.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I think we ALL want to see Latti play, but I wouldn't put ANY stock in what his stepdad says pertaining to his potential play in the preseason. What is he going to say, "I don't expect Marcus to play."

I think a lot of us are beginning to question Marcus' return to the field. From what Harbaugh has said this COULD be more mental than physical and who could blame Marcus?

I DO hope to see him make the field some and show well.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #10
BirdmanJr
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 550
BirdmanJr has feathers coming inBirdmanJr has feathers coming inBirdmanJr has feathers coming in

I tore all 3 with a severe dislocation on the field and I have never been the same mentally. I went on to play again after surgery and 14 months of rehab but was not near the player. It was all mental and I haven't escaped it, it is a huge fear that effects me as I step out of the shower.... let alone anything physical. I hope he plays and does well. I cringe thinking about it though.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #11
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanJr View Post
I tore all 3 with a severe dislocation on the field and I have never been the same mentally. I went on to play again after surgery and 14 months of rehab but was not near the player. It was all mental and I haven't escaped it, it is a huge fear that effects me as I step out of the shower.... let alone anything physical. I hope he plays and does well. I cringe thinking about it though.
Yeah dude one time, I was kicking a football and I kinda stubbed my toe a little bit - it was a real stinger.

To this day I still can't kick worth crap. Makes me wonder what could've been.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Real excited to see him play. I know he can't wait either.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanJr View Post
I only blew my ACL and that's been an ordeal. Definitely gives a perspective for injury recovery I didn't have before. My knee doesn't feel the same and it has taken over a year just to get the coordination back in my leg.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

The only way Marcus will get over the mental aspect of the injury is to go play. It's how he operates. Sitting on the sidelines forever when he could be out there playing is just going to make it worse and worse.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #15
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I think we ALL want to see Latti play, but I wouldn't put ANY stock in what his stepdad says pertaining to his potential play in the preseason. What is he going to say, "I don't expect Marcus to play."

I think a lot of us are beginning to question Marcus' return to the field. From what Harbaugh has said this COULD be more mental than physical and who could blame Marcus?

I DO hope to see him make the field some and show well.

Fortunately, I tend to believe that Lattimore has more mental strength than physical.

I had the same exact unhappy triad that Marcus had my Junior year of college. Through proper rehab, I have no doubt that my repaired knee is stronger than my un-repaired. I believe Marcus's desire to succeed will overcome any mental hurdles he would face. But, I've never met the kid, so what do I know.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #16
petecock
Recruit

Male

petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
From what Harbaugh has said this COULD be more mental than physical and who could blame Marcus?...

Deep breath.....okay....Harbaugh did NOT say that.

Please tell me where any of these guys characterize Lattimore's recovery as MORE mental???

49ers General Manager Trent Baalke:
Quote:
"There's a mental hurdle and a physical hurdle you've got to overcome," he said. "And he's close."

49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh:
Quote:
"...it’s not yet 100 percent and I say that more from a physical aspect than from a mental."

49ers Running Back Marcus Lattimore:
Quote:
"I'm not nervous at all about it. It's a process," Lattimore said. "I've been through it and I know how it is. Once I take a few hits, it will build my confidence."
Quote:
...I think a lot of us are beginning to question Marcus' return to the field.
Not me, and not the ones with skin in the game. And if anyone knows how to overcome the mental aspect, Marcus Lattimore most certainly does!

Lattimore (and Ellington) are on one of the best teams in the country, and these guys know what they are doing.

There is no way they are going to rush him into playing, and they don't need to.

We are all anxious to see him play, but they already know they have a great back, and were prepared for this when they drafted him. He is not playing for similar reasons they rest Gore.

He will play soon enough, trust it.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

petecock, thanks for posting the link.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 AM   #18
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

"Sumter was nicknamed the 'Carolina Gamecock,' for both his fierce fighting style and his attack on British soldiers after they burned down his house during the Revolution."

Marcus has shown the tenacity to come back after the first injury. And the tenacity to come back after the second injury.

He may be the best representative of the 'Carolina Gamecock' since the original. I'm not betting against him.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:52 AM   #19
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 890
cockycrazy2001 has hatched from the shell

I cannot wait to see him carrying the rock in the big league.
cockycrazy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #20
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Talked to a few friends close to the 49ers, doesn't sound good for Latti. With Hyde coming on strong it doesn't seem like he's gonna get a chance this preseason. their words - "outlook is bleak for Lattimore"
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote