CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
markp_vip
PageUSC
Gamecocks1137
ChickenButt
Ahmad
Cockypantherfan
eightohhthree
jrussjr
cocky-K
COCKYTALKIN
Legitimate, Unbiased (1571)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1552)
Cack's Toast of the (1404)
why we're in this po (1317)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (1278)
I guess we don't get (1119)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1001)
open discussion of t (800)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Predict the Season ( (614)
Making the Trip to Kentuc
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
Waldrop & Williams
Predict the Season (After
Kendrick salley
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
open discussion of this t
Dylan Thompson picked as
2015 Commitment - Dexter

Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 Commitment - Zack Bailey

Offensive Lineman from Summerville, South Carolina

USC offer.

Rivals Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Zack Bailey Thread (2015 Prospect)

Quote:
February 2, 2013 Zack Bailey unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Zack Bailey

Quote:
2015 lineman enjoys trip - Smalls wasn't the only Summerville prospect to make the trip as class of 2015 offensive lineman Zack Bailey (Summerville/Summerville) with him. Bailey has visited South Carolina multiple times but Saturday was his first trip in which he’s had an offer in hand. Bailey picked up an offer, the only one to his credit at this time, from the Gamecocks back in December after visiting for a bowl practice.

Bailey was on campus for a couple of games this season but returned with Smalls on December 15 to watch Outback Bowl practice. Just a few days later, he picked up his offer.

He was back in Columbia for Junior Day on Saturday and said the best part of the trip was being in the locker room.

“Trying on the jerseys was the coolest part of the visit,” Bailey said. “They just got new jerseys and putting those on just felt good. I can’t wait for football season to get going again so I can hit somebody.”

Bailey, who stands 6-foot-5, 295 pounds, said he’s being recruited by the Gamecocks to play left guard. He has already started to build a strong relationship with offensive line coach Shawn Elliott and recruiter of record Everette Sands .

“(Coach Elliot and I) talk frequently. We talk about school and when the next camps and combines are coming up so I can be there for them,” Bailey said. “Coach Sands seems like a real good guy, too.”

Bailey said he doesn’t have any other visits planned at this point. Bailey, who has not yet been ranked by 247Sports, is from Washington State. He said that he was able to watch some film of South Carolina from last season and noticed that the Gamecocks run some up-tempo offense, which is what he likes to run.

“South Carolina is pretty much my leader,” Bailey said. “I’d like to talk to Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Alabama, and some schools like that. I don’t really know if there are schools close to offering right now.”
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...ior-day-115765

Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

I love that we're putting a lot of focus on the OL, we've got some big players to replace
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

A sophomore who is 6'5" 295. Pretty impressive
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Joining Smalls as a top prospect at the storied program is offensive lineman Zack Bailey. 

The 6-foot-5, 282-pound class of 2015 prospect originally from the state of Washington has offers from South Carolina, Florida State and North Carolina. Bailey, who has dropped 18-pounds since the end of the 2012 season, lists Oregon as his favorite program growing up. He will be attending the Seminoles spring game Saturday
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Lowcoun...-Report-125721

Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
With early offers from South Carolina, Florida State and North Carolina, 6-foot-5, 282-pound four-star offensive tackle Zack Bailey (Summerville/Summerville) has already begun to develop a name for himself. With a a 90 rating, Bailey ranks fifth in the state, No. 21 at his position and No. 154 in his class.
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...-Top247-131812

Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #8
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

South Carolina lean?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
7/27/2013: Zack Bailey attends South Carolina Gamecocks camp
per 247 Timeline

Old 09-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
When Boeing built a plant in North Charleston many of its employees in Seattle moved to South Carolina. That included the Bailey family. And part of that family is OL Zack Bailey (6-5 307) who is now in his second season playing for John McKissick at Summerville and emerging as one of the state’s top prospects for 2015. Bailey is playing tackle this season after being a guard last season. His versatility and flexibility are just two of the traits the college coaches covet. His early offers include Clemson, USC, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina and The Citadel. He was at Clemson for the Georgia game and had planned to go to Georgia for the USC game but didn’t make it. He plans to be at Clemson for the Florida State game and at USC for the Clemson game. He also wants to get to Georgia Tech for a game. Bailey said early on he has no recruiting favorites. “I’m keeping my options really open. Location will not be an issue. I have family in the West and the South.” Though he’s new to the state, Bailey has gotten familiar with the Tigers and Gamecocks and has no preference between the two. “I like the rivalry,” he said. “They are both great teams. There’s no real favorite between them.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...n-summerville/

Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I read a week ago that he has a friend he plays with that's going to Clemson....so he visited with him and Clemson now leads.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
OL Zack Bailey of Summerville will make his second trip of the season to Clemson Saturday for the Florida State game. He also was on hand for the Georgia game. He’s not been to any other games this season but plans to be at Florida-USC, Clemson-USC, and he hopes to get to Oregon and Georgia Tech. Bailey said his top five schools right now are USC, Clemson, Georgia, Oregon and Florida State with no order, and he’s still considering others. “Oregon has been coming on strong of late,” Bailey said. He hears regularly from USC and Clemson saying the Gamecocks, in particular, are working him hard along with Clemson and Florida State. “I talk to coach Sands and coach Elliott (of USC) pretty much every day,” Bailey said while adding that he gets regular mail from Clemson has talks with recruiters Tony Elliott and Robbie Caldwell about every other week. Bailey won’t make a decision until his senior season. “I’m still looking at a lot of schools,” he said. “I don’t want to rush anything.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ruiting-recap/

Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #13
scman
Walk On

Male

scman is learning to peck

Quote:
OL Zack Bailey of Summerville has been to Clemson twice this season for games. This month he plans to make two trips to USC, for the Florida and Clemson games. He's not picked up any new offers so he's sitting on ones from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina and The Citadel. Bailey said he's been focused on his books and his team and hasn't spent a lot of time on his recruiting, but he's been in touch with the Gamecocks and Tigers. "I talk to USC and Clemson everyday thru social media," Bailey said. "There's no pressure, none of that kind of stuff. They just tell me to do what's best for me. They were wondering how my season is going and they're looking forward to seeing my film." Bailey said he will also visit Oregon either late in the season or in December. Right now he has no favorites. "It's going to come down to what the school brings as far as education and if it has my field of study," Bailey said. He wants to major in criminal justice, engineering or architecture and construction. He did say USC and Clemson working the hardest for him, and there's no favorite between the two. "Clemson is a great place to be and I enjoyed being up there," he said. "And USC is a great place to be, also. Coaches there are awesome people as far as offensive line coaches go." Bailey added that in particular USC offensive line coach Shawn Elliott reminds him of his coach Buddy King who once coached at Clemson and at USC. He will not make a decision until sometime during his senior season.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...786/-1/psports

It sounds like he has his head on straight as far as recruiting goes. It is also encouraging that he mentions Elliot. You can't have too many good linemen.
scman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Hopefully Elliot can keep building a relationship with him. We need to keep these high ranked players in state and at the flagship.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

We already lost Noah Green...can't afford to lose this guy...especially with tackle being such a priority this next class.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
We already lost Noah Green...can't afford to lose this guy...especially with tackle being such a priority this next class.
While technically you are right we lightly pursued Green so I don't feel we " lost him. " I think Coach Elliott feels he got the two best OL's in the state this year. Rankings say different but that is the way Elliott feels and only time will tell.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I didn't think we were that hard after Noah, or the Nolan guy who's going to UF.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
While technically you are right we lightly pursued Green so I don't feel we " lost him. " I think Coach Elliott feels he got the two best OL's in the state this year. Rankings say different but that is the way Elliott feels and only time will tell.
I don't doubt Elliott's evaluation..this line justifies him.
We know there are a lot of OTs in the 2015 class we are after.
Ryan Bates (6'5, 280)
Mason Veal (6'6, 285...I think we can def. get him)
Sam Madden (6'7, 305)

Wonder if we will start looking at TJ Haney out of Gaffney?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I don't doubt Elliott's evaluation..this line justifies him.
We know there are a lot of OTs in the 2015 class we are after.
Ryan Bates (6'5, 280)
Mason Veal (6'6, 285...I think we can def. get him)
Sam Madden (6'7, 305)

Wonder if we will start looking at TJ Haney out of Gaffney?
Yeah we need to make the OT position a priority in 2015. Hate Vonashek left but Elliot will find his guys. Not worried about OL recruiting as long as Elliott is recruiting them.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #20
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Elliot has got his guys I am not worried. I mean, Stadnik is a backup at center and I'd say he has done fantastic
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote