CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
El Cid Ranger
MountainCock
taylorssc
kingoftheroost
GarnetSwarm1990
USCNowAndForever
I Bleed Garnet
Interesting quotes f (2688)
Key for 2015 defense (1119)
Skai Moore out for U (951)
Women's Team Ranked (640)
Lebron makes Clevela (540)
Troubles in Tigertow (527)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (379)
Cockaboose Video (326)
TN game weather (315)
Who is your favorite (247)
Who is your favorite play
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
TN game weather
Name a Gamecock
We're going to the NCAA T
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Key for 2015 defense
FSU vs. Louisville
Where do you like to sit
Sports no longer fun?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Potkins Hurt - Slightly

Barely touched......he was holding his side like he got hit as he walked off the field. I still ain't seen him catch anything yet. Hey fool, this ain't that flag football you be used to.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: Potkins Hurt - Slightly

Not gonna lie, it doesn't take much to catch a hip pointer or something, and those hurt like crazy.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

His days in orange are done. I like the guy. He is a great athlete.
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
His days in orange are done. I like the guy. He is a great athlete.
Phttt...........................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
gadeneer1986
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gadeneer1986 has feathers coming ingadeneer1986 has feathers coming ingadeneer1986 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Barely touched......he was holding his side like he got hit as he walked off the field. I still ain't seen him catch anything yet. Hey fool, this ain't that flag football you be used to.
Dude is legit. Stop being a hater
gadeneer1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I am not going to give him a hard time about the injury as it looked weird (catching a knee from leaping defender whom was trying not to collide with his own man).

But i do think the legend of Sammy has been overblown and he has a long ways to go to be the player every tagger thinks he already is, however, he does appear to have the skill set to get their eventually. Time will tell.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #7
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Once a tater always a tater. Don't wish injury on anyone but eff him.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #8
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

HATERS!!!!
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadeneer1986 View Post
Dude is legit. Stop being a hater
The dude is soft and always has been.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
HATERS!!!!
Hey Spare, how was Korea?
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
gadeneer1986
Blue Chip

Male

gadeneer1986 has feathers coming ingadeneer1986 has feathers coming ingadeneer1986 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
The dude is soft and always has been.
Pretty sure Lattimore may be the softest CFB player to come out of the state of South Carolina.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Pretty sure Lattimore may be the softest CFB player to come out of the state of South Carolina.
Lol. This is gonna be good.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #13
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

I hate Clemson as much as the next Gamecock, but this inability by many in our fanbase to be objective when it comes to football is pathetic, and only makes the fanbase as a whole look bad.

Yes, yes- every fanbase has their bad apples, but I don't care about Clemson's bad apples- I care about OURS. I hold Gamecock Nation to a higher standard. Whether that's a fool's errand or not, I don't care. I do so because I love my alma mater.

That all being said- Sammy Watkins is an extremely talented football player. I think he will do well in the NFL. Calling him 'Potkins' is kind of dumb, given the number of players who smoke pot (even...*gasp*...Gamecocks!) and the fact that drug testing for drugs that are NOT performance enhancing is a pretty stupid policy that does nothing but exert control over individuals (pretty sure there's already laws on the books against MJ, why do schools need an additional policy?).

Is Watkins 'soft?' I haven't seen anything to indicate he is. But, then again- I've got a problem with any arm-chair quarterback who throws around terms like "injury prone" as if they are some sort of medical professional who has had access to the players' medical records which might, if at all, indicate if the player is TRULY 'injury prone' or if the armchair QB is simply pulling stuff out of their ass based on anecdotal evidence.

What's really funny is that- those people who use terms like "injury prone" or "soft" have never played competitive contact-sports like players do in CFB or the NFL. Having these middle-aged men who would have a tough time bench-pressing their own body weight (I know, I know...the bench is NOT the end-all, be-all for strength testing) and couldn't run a 40 in under 7 seconds, talk about professional athletes as 'soft' is absolutely ludicrous.

In summation; take the garnet glasses off, and stop making the rest of Gamecock Nation look bad.
A. Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I will rip Clemson players in the NFL worse than anyone. I am brutally honest about my opinions. I think Spiller is the biggest joke and one of the most overrated players to ever come out of Clemson. I've stated that for years and received death threats for my comments.

With that said, Watkins is a talented WR. He will do well in the NFL.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
wjmfour1
Walk On

Male

wjmfour1 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Thought the same thing when I saw it. He's not used to being hit. Not playing BC & Wake anymore Sammy... He struggled for catches with us every year. That bubble screen crap wont work in the NFL
wjmfour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material
Thumbs up Re: Potkins Hurt - Slightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
I hate Clemson as much as the next Gamecock, but this inability by many in our fanbase to be objective when it comes to football is pathetic, and only makes the fanbase as a whole look bad.

Yes, yes- every fanbase has their bad apples, but I don't care about Clemson's bad apples- I care about OURS. I hold Gamecock Nation to a higher standard. Whether that's a fool's errand or not, I don't care. I do so because I love my alma mater.

That all being said- Sammy Watkins is an extremely talented football player. I think he will do well in the NFL. Calling him 'Potkins' is kind of dumb, given the number of players who smoke pot (even...*gasp*...Gamecocks!) and the fact that drug testing for drugs that are NOT performance enhancing is a pretty stupid policy that does nothing but exert control over individuals (pretty sure there's already laws on the books against MJ, why do schools need an additional policy?).

Is Watkins 'soft?' I haven't seen anything to indicate he is. But, then again- I've got a problem with any arm-chair quarterback who throws around terms like "injury prone" as if they are some sort of medical professional who has had access to the players' medical records which might, if at all, indicate if the player is TRULY 'injury prone' or if the armchair QB is simply pulling stuff out of their ass based on anecdotal evidence.

What's really funny is that- those people who use terms like "injury prone" or "soft" have never played competitive contact-sports like players do in CFB or the NFL. Having these middle-aged men who would have a tough time bench-pressing their own body weight (I know, I know...the bench is NOT the end-all, be-all for strength testing) and couldn't run a 40 in under 7 seconds, talk about professional athletes as 'soft' is absolutely ludicrous.

In summation; take the garnet glasses off, and stop making the rest of Gamecock Nation look bad.

Excellent post. Great points.

Last edited by gamecock88; 08-18-2014 at 03:16 PM.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
wjmfour1
Walk On

Male

wjmfour1 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Pretty sure Lattimore ma
y be the softest CFB player to come out of the state of South Carolina.
Lattimores injuries were plainly visible.. Sammys "injury" appeared to be consistent with PMS... Trainers gave him a couple Midol & told him see you in a week
wjmfour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #18
l^l^lBGCock
Blue Chip

Male

l^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot material

Like i said while he was playing at clemson he's soft. Great Ath. but soft. It will take him a while to adjust from ACC play to NFL, like spiller, but right now he is soft.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #19
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by l^l^lBGCock View Post
Like i said while he was playing at clemson he's soft. Great Ath. but soft. It will take him a while to adjust from ACC play to NFL, like spiller, but right now he is soft.
The difference is that Spiller was NEVER a great RB. Explosive yes, but never a good every down RB. In his senior season 1 out of every 3 carries for Spiller was for 1 yard, 0 yards, or negative yards. And this was against ACC defenses.

Watkins is different. He is talented and good against great teams. He may be soft but he can play against anyone.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #20
gadeneer1986
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
The difference is that Spiller was NEVER a great RB. Explosive yes, but never a good every down RB. In his senior season 1 out of every 3 carries for Spiller was for 1 yard, 0 yards, or negative yards. And this was against ACC defenses.

Watkins is different. He is talented and good against great teams. He may be soft but he can play against anyone.
How many GOOD every-down RB's are there in the NFL anymore? like 3? Maybe 4? It's becoming an extinct subdivision of a position. The dude has a career average of 5.1 ypc and could very well end up with the most career rushing yards in the NFL by any RB from either South Carolina or Clemson