CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
MountainCock
RGHoskins
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
COCKYTALKIN
QCB
The Gator Bowl wants (1439)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1304)
USC will upset Aubur (1157)
A simple defensive l (974)
In-state QB talent (918)
Which loss hurt wors (585)
Texas athletic direc (576)
This is War (400)
Ranking the SEC Foot (396)
USC Picked 12th By S (347)
In-state QB talent
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Tennessee game
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
SEC Debate: Best candidat
A simple defensive line &
Bama @ Tennessee

Old 10-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit
Default Women's BB has first practice .

A few tweets from David Cloninger of The State after practice # 1 :

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState 3h3 hours ago
Player that just may be the story of the season is Bianca Cuevas. Staley: "She brings something that we haven't had."

A'ja Wilson will play inside and out. She's most comfortable at 3, but they'll need her height at 4.

Staley on the title talk: "I'm not going to shy away from it. We know it's out there that we're one of the best teams in the country."

Coates will return to practice Saturday. Staley said she broke some rules and has to pay for it.

Kaydra Duckett also on the no-practice list. Hasn't made her mile-qualifying time yet. Won't practice until she does.
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Women's BB has first practice .

This is what I love about Dawn Staley; she may only be 5'4", but things are done her way or not at all.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
Phillygamecock
Walk On

Male

Phillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervous

To say I'm excited for this season to start would be an understatement. I'm really looking forward to see what these freshmen are going to do this year, although Staley is gonna have a hard time managing minutes.
Phillygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillygamecock View Post
To say I'm excited for this season to start would be an understatement. I'm really looking forward to see what these freshmen are going to do this year, although Staley is gonna have a hard time managing minutes.
We would likely be improved even without any incoming freshman as the only graduate was a seldom-used reserve. I think we'll have a lot of people average 20 minutes a game and nobody over 30.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
This is what I love about Dawn Staley; she may only be 5'4", but things are done her way or not at all.
When is the last time you've been on the UC Boneyard?
Old 10-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Sure does sound like she is whipping those girls into shape.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Cuevas is going to be quite the player for us.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #8
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Cuevas is going to be quite the player for us.
I watched her play at Nazareth last December. She's really quick and elusive off the dribble. Once her defensive intensity picks up she'll be a good one.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #9
Phillygamecock
Walk On

Male

Phillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervousPhillygamecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
We would likely be improved even without any incoming freshman as the only graduate was a seldom-used reserve. I think we'll have a lot of people average 20 minutes a game and nobody over 30.
Oh I agree with that. I thought last year's success was a year earlier from what I would have predicted. We have an excellent core group who is experienced (we'll likely start 2 seniors and 3 juniors) and a bench with a decent mix of experience and talent.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #10
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

My question is how long does Aja Wilson stay out of the starting lineup.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
When is the last time you've been on the UC Boneyard?
This week; I like the posters on there.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
My question is how long does Aja Wilson stay out of the starting lineup.
Alaina stayed out of the starting lineup all, or almost all of last season. A'ja may come off the bench, but she'll get lots of playing time.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #13
Phillygamecock
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Alaina stayed out of the starting lineup all, or almost all of last season. A'ja may come off the bench, but she'll get lots of playing time.
Yep I fully expect Alaina and A'ja to be the first two off the bench. A'ja can present such a difficult matchup because she can play the 3 and bring size to the perimeter but then slide to the 4 and play more inside. I'm thinking she's gonna be similar to Breanna Stewart or Elena Delle Donne in how Staley plays her.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

This team is literally going to be BEAST! So much talent on the roster. It is like having Clowney, Jeffery, Lattimore, Shaw, DJ Swearinger, and all those guys on the same team, just in a basketball perspective. WE are loaded!
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #15
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
This week; I like the posters on there.
My sister lurks on that site all the time. Feb 9th will be interesting.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
This team is literally going to be BEAST! So much talent on the roster. It is like having Clowney, Jeffery, Lattimore, Shaw, DJ Swearinger, and all those guys on the same team, just in a basketball perspective. WE are loaded!
It's a really good team but Dawn's in need of some consistent outside shooters. The best teams always have someone shooting 3s at around 37%
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:52 AM   #17
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It's a really good team but Dawn's in need of some consistent outside shooters. The best teams always have someone shooting 3s at around 37%
Hopefully Tina will be back to her old self now that she has had an entire year for her knee to heal. She can stroke it from three.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #18
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

I don't think outside shooting will be a problem this season. We have so much talented depth that if one person has an off game, someone else can come off the bench.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #19
TrueCock22
Player of the Year

Male

TrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his clawsTrueCock22 is sharpening his claws

Excited to see Cuevas play, shes going to bring some toughness and intensity to the guard position.
TrueCock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #20
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

I'm ready to see some New York attitude on this team.