CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2162)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1587)
Spurrier weekly pres (1445)
This would be awesom (953)
How is Shaq Davidson (774)
McConaughey cast as (541)
Perspective on our g (516)
SEC referees? (368)
Defense and offense (356)
Currently 2nd in att (333)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 08-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Sam Bradford out for the year

Torn ACL.

Rams had the number 2 pick and went with a OT. Now they is in trouble.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: Sam Bradford out for the year

Poor Bradford , he can't seem to make it a whole season.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Torn ACL.

Rams had the number 2 pick and went with a OT. Now they is in trouble.
Feel sorry for the guy.

What's their back-up QB situation? I'm not too familiar with their team, but was wondering if it might offer a place for Shaw as I thought that the Rams were one of the teams that looked at him before the draft.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

Sucks for Bradford, he just doesn't have the luck.

I don't think there was a QB worth taking with the #2 anyway...a journeyman vet like Shaun Hill can manage a playbook & they have SEC vets Zac Stacy & Tre Mason to lean on in the running game. They'll likely try to pick a franchise QB again next year & the OT they took will be there to protect whoever it is.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

damn that is a shame. they said last night no ACL damage and now they were wrong after the mri
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Poor Sam. He's just seemed brittle after his Heisman trophy season.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

Maybe Shaw can get traded to the Rams
Old 08-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtsmom View Post
Feel sorry for the guy.

What's their back-up QB situation? I'm not too familiar with their team, but was wondering if it might offer a place for Shaw as I thought that the Rams were one of the teams that looked at him before the draft.

They got Sean Hill from the Lions for this reason. Hill is capable, but this is a team that is rebuilding. Hill is one of the better backups, so I doubt they try to make a big splash, but they might need a backup to back up the starting backup.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #9
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

The Heisman Curse
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

With Bradford out, there's some discussion with them going after Ryan Mallett or Kirk Cousins.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
With Bradford out, there's some discussion with them going after Ryan Mallett or Kirk Cousins.
Don't understand how this guy isn't starting on some NFL roster with all of the terrible teams paired with terrible QBs.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #12
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Shaw's agent should be making some calls...PLUS this means I'm going after St Louis RB in my fantasy league, lol
Old 08-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #13
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Shaw's agent should be making some calls...PLUS this means I'm going after St Louis RB in my fantasy league, lol
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in his agent - he shoulders the responsibility for Shaw ending-up in that nut circus that is the Cleveland Browns. I was really concerned when Shaw signed with him, but would welcome the opportunity to change my opinion of him by seeing him get Connor in a better situation than he is in right now.

I'm watching the San Francisco/San Diego game and they're talking right now about needing a back-up for Kaepernick. If I remember correctly, I think that the 49ers were one of the teams interested in Shaw leading up to the draft.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #14
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Too bad for Bradford. He just can't catch a break.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtsmom View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in his agent - he shoulders the responsibility for Shaw ending-up in that nut circus that is the Cleveland Browns. I was really concerned when Shaw signed with him, but would welcome the opportunity to change my opinion of him by seeing him get Connor in a better situation than he is in right now.

I'm watching the San Francisco/San Diego game and they're talking right now about needing a back-up for Kaepernick. If I remember correctly, I think that the 49ers were one of the teams interested in Shaw leading up to the draft.
good point.....their other 3 QB are Gabbert (terrible), a guy from Sacramento State, and San Diego....not exactly household names......and SF is turning into Gamecocks west.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #16
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Could be done for good from what some are saying.

Mark Sanchez is what ESPN is reporting.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #17
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Sucks for him but I don't ever see them getting Cousins. Washington would be fools for letting him get away unless they get a ton in return.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #18
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Could be done for good from what some are saying.

Mark Sanchez is what ESPN is reporting.
Good lord...commitment to being mediocre.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Same knee he just had a surgery on. If it keeps doing that, I can't imagine that he can continue. That also said, he is due 16 million next year, so there is no way the Rams keep him.

Hate it for the guy.