CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > High School Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
NinjaSven
WeStillOwnUSC
Spur's Addiction
Jim Lahey
kingofnerf
Storm Of Spurs
So, why is next year (2822)
Why do so many of yo (1379)
Shot in the arm for (1197)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (977)
Custom Jersey (563)
looks like we have 2 (531)
Abu Bowl Ready (391)
The pets holiday din (235)
75 Best Bakeries in (207)
2016 - Thomas Sulliv (201)
OL Na'Ty Rodgers transfer
looks like we have 2 OL r
So, why is next year goin
2015 - Mark Fields
The Vent and Coaching cha
Beat Miami
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Wilds & Carson Back f
How Long Will The Rebuild

Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
taylorssc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Five Upstate High School Football Players Face Charges

Quote:
GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. -

Five Upstate high school football players have criminal charges pending after a locker room incident, according to Susan Clarke of Greenville County Schools.

On Tuesday, October 21 after school, five Blue Ridge High Varsity football players were involved in an incident in the locker room against a 9th grade C team player, said Clarke.

According to Clarke, a coach found out about the incident after overhearing several C Team players discussing the situation.

Superintendent Burke Royster said “Our coach did exactly as staff members are trained to do by immediately referring the incident to law enforcement and the administration. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior and we have very stringent consequences in our student behavior code for such incidents which can result in expulsion. In addition to the student behavior code, we have an athletic code of conduct that holds our student athletes to even higher standards. In this case, all five Varsity players have been suspended pending a recommendation for expulsion. Criminal charges are pending.”
http://m.wyff4.com/news/upstate-high...ident/29287110

Odd that they don't mention what happened. I've heard a rumor but don't want to believe that it's true. Anybody know what's going on here?
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Five Upstate High School Football Players Face Charges

Wtf is C Team football?
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
taylorssc
Banned

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Wtf is C Team football?
9th grade team; below JV.

High schools in the upstate always had C teams because middle schools were not allowed to have team sports until recently. Typically, C team rosters are primarily 7th & 8th graders, with some 9th graders.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
9th grade team; below JV.

High schools in the upstate always had C teams because middle schools were not allowed to have team sports until recently. Typically, C team rosters are primarily 7th & 8th graders, with some 9th graders.
Thanks. I'd never heard of that before but I guess it makes sense. Only B Squad
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
taylorssc
Banned

Male

They've been charged and were taken into custody.

I did a variety of admittedly very stupid things in high school. However, nothing like this ever crossed my mind.

Five Blue Ridge football players charged with assault by mob | The State

Quote:
Five Blue Ridge High School varsity football players have been charged with assault and battery by mob in a locker room incident that occurred Tuesday, according to documents and school officials.

On Tuesday, a freshman C-team player was reportedly held on the floor of the locker room and assaulted, according to the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office.

All five students are currently being held in the Greenville County Detention Center on a temporary bond awaiting a bond hearing, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Quote:
The victim’s mother came to Blue Ridge High School on Wednesday and filed a report with the school resource officer, according to a statement released by the Sheriff’s Office.

She told the deputy that one of the subjects pulled his pants down and attempted to sit on the victim’s face, according to the statement.

The victim was able to push the subject away and the subject then sat on the victim’s chest, the statement said.

All five players have been suspended pending a recommendation for expulsion, Royster said.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
They've been charged and were taken into custody.

I did a variety of admittedly very stupid things in high school. However, nothing like this ever crossed my mind.

Five Blue Ridge football players charged with assault by mob | The State
I seriously hope they get time for it, even if it's a few months.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

http://www.wspa.com/story/26883429/f...d-with-assault

GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. - Five Blue Ridge High School varsity football players are off the field, suspended from school and facing charges because of a reported locker room attack.
The Greenville County Sheriff's Office said Eric Witrago-Diaz, David Lynn, Stephen Bishop and an unnamed 16-year-old held down a freshman C-team football player. That's when the reports say Gatlin Miller pulled down his pants and tried to sit on the freshman's face.
According to deputies, the 15-year-old fought back and Miller sat on his chest instead.
“I'm sorry for the boy's parents and I'm sorry that all this came out," said Witrago-Diaz's grandmother Drucilla Ortiz.
The players turned themselves in to the sheriff's office and bonded out of jail Friday morning on $10,000 bonds.
"He cried a lot because he knows he's let the family down," said Ortiz.
All five players charged remain suspended from school. They're waiting for their expulsion hearings.
“I know it was wrong for the older boys to do what they did, but I don't think it really warrants all the stuff that's happened to him,” said Ortiz. “He was hoping to go to college and now I don't know what's going to happen."
For now, all Ortiz and the families of the other four accused players can do is wait to find out how their actions could impact their future.
“With the lord's help, everything will work out," said Ortiz.
School Resource Officers play a big role in cases like this. The victim's mother reported it to the SRO on Wednesday.
A spokesperson for Greenville County Schools said the coach heard students talking about the incident and also notified authorities.
The arrest warrants say there was not only written evidence from witnesses of the attack,
there was video evidence as well. The sheriff's office will not release that video or reveal whether it was recorded on a cell phone or surveillance camera.
Investigators said this was not a hazing incident.

In a previous article the mother stated that it was a retaliation. The victim pushed and swung at the 5 boys and did something to their lockers. This case is beyond stupid. The boy sat his bare butt on the kid. There should be no charges. It's just funny the kid provoked them and now is crying victim. They're going to pretrial intervention to get them dropped regardless. They should have been suspended and that's it. I am a graduate of Blue Ridge High. Typically there was very little fighting when I went to school there 10yrs ago. At a lot of other schools I have no doubt he would've probably been beaten.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
taylorssc
Banned

Male

I wouldn't say he's crying 'victim'. From what's been reported, it sounds like a school employee overheard kids talking about what happened and followed policy by reporting it to police and school authorities.

Four boys holding another boy down so a fifth could rub his bare ass in his face is a bit extreme. If we had problems in high school, we'd settle it after school. I wouldn't call myself 'old' either, so I'd assume that's still the way disputes are handled. I could be wrong though.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

I could see pressing charges if he tried to put his junk in his face. I don't remember anyone getting charged for giving someone a swirley back in the day. To me that would be worse.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
taylorssc
Banned

Male

Teabagging, a criminal act...

Old 10-28-2014, 04:13 AM   #11
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Thanks. I'd never heard of that before but I guess it makes sense. Only B Squad
thats how it was when I was in school, B team was 7-8 grade. JV 9-10, varsity 11-12

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

sunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudlysunbeam is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
In a previous article the mother stated that it was a retaliation. The victim pushed and swung at the 5 boys and did something to their lockers. This case is beyond stupid. The boy sat his bare butt on the kid. There should be no charges. It's just funny the kid provoked them and now is crying victim. They're going to pretrial intervention to get them dropped regardless. They should have been suspended and that's it. I am a graduate of Blue Ridge High. Typically there was very little fighting when I went to school there 10yrs ago. At a lot of other schools I have no doubt he would've probably been beaten.
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Actually it also comes across as you identifying with the role of thug, or you get off on "The boy sat his bare butt on the kid."

1) Out of curiousity, whose mother stated "stated that it was a retaliation?" Got to warn you that mothers are not known for being impartial in general

2) " The victim pushed and swung at the 5 boys and did something to their lockers." Uh huh. You do realize how dumb that sounds.

3) "It's just funny the kid provoked them and now is crying victim."

Speechless, just speechless.

I kind of think those Colorado school shootings weren't really about about school bullying for the most part. It involved that, but that has been around for a while before and since and it hasn't duplicated.

But if you think it is cool for this gang to sexually assault someone, then I think it would be cool for Harris and Klebold to administer a little rough justice to these guys.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #13
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
Used to coach there, was my first coaching job under coach Farnham. You're right, we never had this problem. I think this is more an indication of new leadership up there. Not a fan of the new head coach, not many people are.

Regardless of the happenings, the five guys were starters and looked at as leaders on that team. They should have had the sense to go talk to the coaches instead of taking it into their own hands.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

That is Blue Ridge for you...some of the loudest, most annoying trash fans I've ever encountered. Looks like their kids are of the same inbred ilk.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
That is Blue Ridge for you...some of the loudest, most annoying trash fans I've ever encountered. Looks like their kids are of the same inbred ilk.
You must be thinking about a different blue ridge.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #16
taylorssc
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Used to coach there, was my first coaching job under coach Farnham.
You still coaching?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #17
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
But if you think it is cool for this gang to sexually assault someone.....
Yep....doesn't really matter how it came about...sticking your bare butt in someone else's face is something that warrants attention from the authorities. Things like this have happened many times without someone reporting it, but doesn't make it right and doesn't justify bullying.
And you are exactly right about the comparison to Columbine...still think some time in the jail would do wonders...even if it's just a few days.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #18
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
You still coaching?
Nope, career has kinda steered me away from it for right now. Im still around the game, just not in a "coaching capacity" and with college players. My last year was a year(?) before Coach Cooper went to Dorman.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #19
kingofnerf
Blue Chip

Male

kingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervouskingofnerf is making other chickens nervous

What if a coach had done that to the kid? It's assault either way.

One or more of the assailants will be processed through the S.C. Department of Juvenile Justice and Family Court.

Since they are minors, they cannot be sent to adult jail but probably to the DJJ campus on Broad River Rd. in Columbia.

They will go to class there alongside gang-bangers who themselves may have been sexually assaulted by an adult.

If they keep their noses clean their records will be sealed when they turn 18.

If a judge decides to send them there, how long they stay there is up to them.

They can be held there until they turn 18 if the situation warrants.