CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
smoovecock
Regalcock
JerseyBird
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
CoverTwo
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (2369)
Constant Updates on (2306)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1199)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1112)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (1091)
How cool would it be (985)
Carolina/Clemson gam (796)
Palmetto Bowl (703)
Chattanooga upends N (574)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso
Carolina/Clemson game dre
How cool would it be to..
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Bowl projections
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl
Andrew Clifford Scooter A

Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Who's cooking what for Thursday

Darling wife is in FLL; I might just go out to Outback, get a bar seat and watch. Since I have to go onto Dish (thanks to the good graces of a fellow Gamecock) or get it thru a streaming site, I don't know if I want to trust it at home.
6 pm is tough- grill a steak at half time?
Old 08-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who's cooking what for Thursday

I'll be too nervous to cook. I'll pro'lly catch the first half with the alumni group and the second at home.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Bar Food
Old 08-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
CockyInTexas
Deadpool

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot material

Pork ribs. Made some homemade mustard sauce the other day, might as well use that up too, since no one in this state knows what bbq sauce is supposed to taste like.

"You're probably wondering, "why the red suit?" It's so the bad guys can't see me bleed...

Let's hope these guys brought their brown pants!"
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

I'm making some pimento cheese for work tomorrow, and that's the most notable thing. It went around really well last time.
It's basically this recipe:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...-Cheese-102560

except I added some sliced thin green onions, a good sized squirt of that pressed garlic that comes in a tube, smoked paprika and (per the recipe) cayenne pepper. I used Duke's mayo per every southern's suggestion ever.

Last time I made it I mixed everything but the grated cheese ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge about 24 hours, figuring it'd let the flavors meld. I guess it turned out well.

I'll try to get more exact ingredients and let yall know the results.

We also found out that pimento cheese is awesome on bacon-flavored Ritz crackers, just FYI!

Besides that, for the actual game my wife will make her guacamole. I never really liked guac until I had hers. She uses Hass avocados, fresh cilantro (or the tube stuff if there's no fresh cilantro to be had) some salsa and Nature's Seasons.

Besides that we'll have ham sandwiches from a Honeybaked from dinner yesterday probably. I'm thinking of making them paninis but can't think of anything else to put on there besides cheese. Any suggestions?
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

I'm usually too nervous to eat much on Gamedays, at least till after we win. Not to mention, I'm going to be pushing it just to make it home before I miss too much of the game. Gotta cut out early and pray for no traffic. 5pm CST is a terrible time to start a game.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
NOLACOCK
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NOLACOCK is making other chickens nervousNOLACOCK is making other chickens nervousNOLACOCK is making other chickens nervousNOLACOCK is making other chickens nervousNOLACOCK is making other chickens nervousNOLACOCK is making other chickens nervousNOLACOCK is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I'm usually too nervous to eat much on Gamedays, at least till after we win. Not to mention, I'm going to be pushing it just to make it home before I miss too much of the game. Gotta cut out early and pray for no traffic. 5pm CST is a terrible time to start a game.
Agreed. Just hoping to catch kickoff. May have to eat afterward.
NOLACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote