CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
CockyLifer
The Yancey
JerseyBird
kingoftheroost
Gamecocks1137
B-G
catdaddy66
rabid cock
**USC vs. Coker GAME (1703)
Bruce!!! (1363)
2014 Subway Classic: (1134)
Cocky at the Duck Co (220)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (184)
movers, furniture do (164)
Streaming nfl games (163)
Deer Hunting 2014 (140)
Happy Winter Solstic (113)
aTm demolishes Kyle (98)
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Former Gamecock rooting f
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Bruce!!!
***2014 Carolina Panthers
How Long Will The Rebuild
Cocky at the Duck Command
Cleveland Browns Headshot

Old 08-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
topcock77
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
topcock77 is learning to peck
Default How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?

Found this article, 5 reasons Mizzou will win the east. http://greatamericansportsnetwork.co...u-will-repeat/. I know we have beaten them the last two years (were insanely lucky to do so last year) but I do like their QB Mauk and think they have a shot to say with us and probably UGA in the division race. They likely won't beat us at home which should give us the edge fortunately.
topcock77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Gamecock in TX is learning to peck
Default Re: How are we feeling about Mizzou this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcock77 View Post
Found this article, 5 reasons Mizzou will win the east. http://greatamericansportsnetwork.co...u-will-repeat/. I know we have beaten them the last two years (were insanely lucky to do so last year) but I do like their QB Mauk and think they have a shot to say with us and probably UGA in the division race. They likely won't beat us at home which should give us the edge fortunately.
I think they will be competitive, but there is just too much to replace. They lose their QB (but do have Mauk who got some xperince last year), best RB, 3 best WRs, 2 OL, both DEs, 2 LBs and 3 from the secondary. They will have quite a bit less experience on the field than most others, I think they only return 8 total starters.

They also play at USC, FL, Tenn and aTm, so the schedule works in our favor.

Florida really seems to concern me more than Mizzou.
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 890
cockycrazy2001 has hatched from the shell

I'm honestly not too worried about mizzou this year, Maty Mauk is good but he loses to many of his prime time players. Of course they lost their starting qb in James Franklin to the NFL, lost their starting and leading rusher with Henry Josey, lost big time receivers in DGB and La'Damian Washington but don't forget about their D line losing Michael Sam. I see them going to win like 7-8 games this year but not an SEC title. They are also going to have a very rough year to play...they have to go to USC, to FLA to ATM and to Tenn.
cockycrazy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
I think they will be competitive, but there is just too much to replace. They lose their QB (but do have Mauk who got some xperince last year), best RB, 3 best WRs, 2 OL, both DEs, 2 LBs and 3 from the secondary. They will have quite a bit less experience on the field than most others, I think they only return 8 total starters.

They also play at USC, FL, Tenn and aTm, so the schedule works in our favor.

Florida really seems to concern me more than Mizzou.
Geez you beat me to all of this, I'm sorry that I basically posted the same message you did. Lol
Old 08-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #5
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Not feeling a thing about them yet. I'll start feeling after our first few games.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #6
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Really not that worried about them this year. More worried about A&M, UGA, FLA, AU, CU, and maybe even UT.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:52 PM   #7
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockycrazy2001 View Post
Geez you beat me to all of this, I'm sorry that I basically posted the same message you did. Lol
Glad we're on the same page.

I do think Mizzou can help us this year. If they could knock off UGA in MO that would be a big victory for Mizzou and a huge help for us in the East race.

One thing that Mizzou does is play all their non-cons prior to SEC league play. They then start SEC play @ USC, vs. UGA, and @ FL. They also have aTm and Tenn late in the season. With the young talent both of those teams have, I would rather play them early before the young guys get experience.

We'll know quite a bit about the East race and where we stand early on.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #8
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Glad we're on the same page.

I do think Mizzou can help us this year. If they could knock off UGA in MO that would be a big victory for Mizzou and a huge help for us in the East race.

One thing that Mizzou does is play all their non-cons prior to SEC league play. They then start SEC play @ USC, vs. UGA, and @ FL. We'll know quite a bit about the East race and where we all stand pretty early on.
That is true, mizzou could help us but as was said earlier the one I am worried about the most is fla, the only tough road game they have is at bama and you could say at tenn as well, as long as they have some sort of hiccup to one of them I feel good about us. Of course we don't have an easy road to atl either having to go to the swamp again and then to Jordan hare.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #9
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockycrazy2001 View Post
That is true, mizzou could help us but as was said earlier the one I am worried about the most is fla, the only tough road game they have is at bama and you could say at tenn as well, as long as they have some sort of hiccup to one of them I feel good about us. Of course we don't have an easy road to atl either having to go to the swamp again and then to Jordan hare.
FL does also draw LSU too although it is at home. Maybe all of this will set the stage for a season-ending game at the swamp for the East. I have nightmares of that 2012 game still and am sure SOS would love another shot there with everything on the line.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #10
cockycrazy2001
Walk On

Male

Quote:
FL does also draw LSU too although it is at home. Maybe all of this will set the stage for a season-ending game at the swamp for the East. I have nightmares of that 2012 game still and am sure SOS would love another shot there with everything on the line.
I do too, that is what worries me about the swamp but I also think that spurrier is fired up to get some revenge on him, it also worries me that they have a banged up team last year and kept it a close game in willy b with us. I guess only time will tell but they do scare me the most is the east race this year.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:36 AM   #11
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

I see us, uga, uf, and ut being improved this season. I don't see mizzou being able to win the east this year after who all they lost. They will be a dangerous team no doubt.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
Rooster2007
2 deep

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Rooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
I see us, uga, uf, and ut being improved this season. I don't see mizzou being able to win the east this year after who all they lost. They will be a dangerous team no doubt.
Off topic a little, but why is everyone so high on UGA this year? Am I missing something? New QB, decimated defense by injuries and dismissals. I just don't see it. Then again, they're picked to win the east every year..
Rooster2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster2007 View Post
Off topic a little, but why is everyone so high on UGA this year? Am I missing something? New QB, decimated defense by injuries and dismissals. I just don't see it. Then again, they're picked to win the east every year..

They still have plenty of talent and experience on D and will be better without Grantham.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #14
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Ask me the week we are playing them. Right now my focus is on aTm.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

5th in the East, IMO
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
MU Mike
Walk On

Male

MU Mike has feathers coming inMU Mike has feathers coming in

I think you guys are in the cat bird's seat in the East this year. We are going to experience some transition this year. Our last three quarterbacks who began their junior years as first time starters all went 8-5, and I think that's about where we'll be this year (although 9-4 isn't that unrealistic either). We lost quite a bit of talent, and we're not a team that can just reload. I think next year sets up better for us.

I think Georgia finishes second in the East, but I'm not sold on Florida yet. Loads of talent, but I have been completely unimpressed with their gameday prep and execution. Tennessee keeps getting banner recruiting classes, is this the year they take the leap? I don't know, not sure I see it yet with the losses on their line. I do like the direction they're heading though, which is going to make it really hard on a team like ours trying to find our place in the East.

Anyway, I look forward to another great football season. Good luck to you guys and since it probably won't be us, I hope you represent the East in the SEC championship.
MU Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #17
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his clawsGamecockman12 is sharpening his claws

Based on our past history I'm worried about every SEC team on our schedule. GOtta take it game by game quite honestly.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #18
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

I am more worried about not losing a game that we should win. That is what seems to kill us every year
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #19
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

I believe Tenn has no O-line or D-line to speak of so fear them not. Fla will be good defensively but their offense has not shown much of a pulse the past couple of years. Georgia will be pretty good and once again will be the team we need to beat. I really don't think we will have another melt down like we did against Tenn last year. If we play as we should, Aubie should be our stiffest competition.. Beat them and we will have a very special year!!

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I expect Mizzou to fall back a bit this year, but only due to depth. They're hard to figure though, as I think Pinkel's the most underrated coach in the SEC. He develops talent well and gets a lot out of the 3 stars he recruits.