CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3471)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2290)
**USC Women vs. San (2221)
The Defense (2174)
Women's soccer Sweet (1683)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1247)
USC/clemson spread (1006)
In case no one saw.. (903)
injury report? (779)
Odell Becham Catch (458)
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
USC/clemson spread
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Huge recruiting weekend
2014 Charleston Classic:
Odell Becham Catch
Shaq Roland
**USC Women vs. San Diego

Old 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
JMA_USC
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JMA_USC has hatched from the shell
Default 2007 Reflection: Under Armour and Nike

At the risk of turning this into another "Under Armour vs. Nike" thread, can someone re-post the story of how USC signed their initial contract with Under Armour back in 2007?

I believe I read somewhere on this site (and I can't find the exact post/thread now) that Nike badly wanted USC after the university's Russell contract expired after the 2006 season, but Coach Spurrier elected to go with the up-and-coming Under Armour over Nike (ironic, since he wore Nike when he was coaching at Florida). At the time, I believe Under Armour only had university contracts with Maryland, Auburn, and Texas Tech at the time at which we signed our contract, but I just wanted to confirm this with those on this forum.
JMA_USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2007 Reflection: Under Armour and Nike

It came down to the fact that UA offered to pay us the most money. I'm not sure if Nike was even an option at the time. I feel like I remember that UA was the only one that made a compelling offer, and we were all extremely excited to have a real apparel sponsor.

Here is an article about the 2011 deal itself (not the selection process).

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

I liked the 2007 uniforms at the time. A lot.

But when they changed them in 2011 i hated those. Those terrible strips on the ftont shoulder. Ew

Our new ones are great. Look a lot more traditional.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

If Nike knew we were going to be what we are today I'm sure they would have pushed for us harder. Can you imagine a Nike and Spurrier commercial?
Old 08-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
If Nike knew we were going to be what we are today I'm sure they would have pushed for us harder. Can you imagine a Nike and Spurrier commercial?
ahhh click clack
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
InletCock1989
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Pretty bada$$
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I would be happy either way. Under Armour is probably pretty damn happy we exploded onto the national scene
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
GamecockGuardsman
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 995100
GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit

I really like how UA did our uniforms last year (using them again this year). I think these uniforms look the best since UA and USC joined. I have a few ideas in what would be nice to see but that's another thread.