CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Gamecockswag
Badazcock
NinjaSven
johnnyb
SECgamecock453
ESPN Game Day Commen (1461)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1321)
Simple "yes&quo (1310)
Phil Steele just pre (975)
The Comeback & T (764)
TeMarcus Blanton (591)
Garcia: Change the R (579)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Wallpaper & Back (239)
Instrumental Music ( (167)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock
Madrid vs Barca
Bama @ Tennessee

Old 08-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck
Thumbs up Good Game Cocks!

Even when it was readily apparent that the game was out of reach, your guys didn't stop playing hard. They played a good game, but there was not a lot they could do. Y'all are definitely in a rebuilding mode right now, but you have a young team that will be really good in 2-3 years.

After posting for a couple of weeks and getting ridiculed by a majority of your posters, I stopped posting and decided to just wait until after game day. I was fully prepared to come back and eat crow if we lost, even though I thought we'd win a close one. In no way did I expect to see the game that we did. Not to brag or anything, but we looked really good last night and answered a lot of questions about our team. A lot of preseason assumptions about our offense and defense were proven dead wrong. After some of the trash talk on here from a lot of your posters, we have a lot of room to gloat, but I won't. Your guys never gave up and played well, and I'm sure we'll be in the same position some day. That being said, our future looks pretty bright right now, and I'm looking forward to the rest of our season and seeing you guys in College Station next year. I hope a lot of you can make the trip and experience some Texas hospitality (you also get to see the finished stadium renovations).

Thanks and gig 'em.

BTHOECU
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Good Game Cocks!

Gloat away. Jameis Winston's dates put up more resistance than we did last night.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

Thumbs up Re: Good Game Cocks!

Nah. You guys talked a lot of smack, but you're handling the loss with a lot of class. Definitely better than the sips in Austin or baylor would have. They'd be *****ing about penalties and cheating and how they would have won if this or that didn't happen. Even though you didn't give us a lot of respect before the game (in your defense, no one did), I haven't seen anyone make excuses and those who predicted a blow out win have eaten their crow. You guys are alright in my book.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
Nah. You guys talked a lot of smack, but you're handling the loss with a lot of class. Definitely better than the sips in Austin or baylor would have. They'd be *****ing about penalties and cheating and how they would have won if this or that didn't happen. Even though you didn't give us a lot of respect before the game (in your defense, no one did), I haven't seen anyone make excuses and those who predicted a blow out win have eaten their crow. You guys are alright in my book.
We couldn't even try and use penalties, yall had a lot more than us.

We would have won if we would have played 4 corners stall and held the ball for 4 quarters. Our defense couldn't stop Stephen Hawking in a phone booth if his batteries were dead.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Your offensive system and players are top notch and your defensive unit is better than I thought. Kudos on the victory, y'all freaking earned it by coming into our house and making a mockery of our team.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

tu and Baylor and probably the Oklahoma twins would have said we cheated because we had too many penalties. All of our PI calls would have magically turned into would be TD's that would have kept us off the field and turned the tide of the game. They're already talking about how you guys and the SEC as a whole are overrated and this was a meaningless win for us already. tu's boards think they'd put 40 or more on you and win by 30. Personally, I think it's bull**** because they'll be lucky to go 6-6 this year and don't play nearly as physically as you guys. Wilds would go for 200 on them.

We do have an amazing offense. I will say that. They are better than even I expected.

I was not totally surprised at how well our defense did. I put a lot of faith in them to bulk up over the offseason and get better at pass rushing and run blocking, and they did. They have matured a lot both mentally and physically since last season, and we were expecting that. They're still young and make mistakes, but they have a lot of potential. They're much more physical than last year and I was really happy with how well they held up to your O line.

Y'alls defense looks to be scary good in 2-3 years. You will have a lot of talented and experienced guys on that side of the ball. We should still have a lot of offensive talent too, so those games could be something special. I'm looking forward to this rivalry.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Good luck the rest of the season. We got dominated on both lines of scrimmage and pretty much every phase of the game.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #8
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Congratulations on the win your team rose to the occasion ours um well they got off the bus anyway.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Even when it was readily apparent that the game was out of reach, your guys didn't stop playing hard. They played a good game, but there was not a lot they could do. Y'all are definitely in a rebuilding mode right now, but you have a young team that will be really good in 2-3 years.

After posting for a couple of weeks and getting ridiculed by a majority of your posters, I stopped posting and decided to just wait until after game day. I was fully prepared to come back and eat crow if we lost, even though I thought we'd win a close one. In no way did I expect to see the game that we did. Not to brag or anything, but we looked really good last night and answered a lot of questions about our team. A lot of preseason assumptions about our offense and defense were proven dead wrong. After some of the trash talk on here from a lot of your posters, we have a lot of room to gloat, but I won't. Your guys never gave up and played well, and I'm sure we'll be in the same position some day. That being said, our future looks pretty bright right now, and I'm looking forward to the rest of our season and seeing you guys in College Station next year. I hope a lot of you can make the trip and experience some Texas hospitality (you also get to see the finished stadium renovations).

Thanks and gig 'em.

BTHOECU
You get all the right to gloat.
TAMU schooled up...flat schooled us. Your O looked just as explosive as ever and your D looked improved.
I'm not sure how TAMU will do against Bama and LSU and Auburn, but damn they will put up a fight and make the west interesting.

Clear talent gap in TAMU's favor, and a clear coaching gap between Sumlin and Ward.

Kudos to your Aggies...you certainly showed us how to play football Thursday.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
tu and Baylor and probably the Oklahoma twins would have said we cheated because we had too many penalties. All of our PI calls would have magically turned into would be TD's that would have kept us off the field and turned the tide of the game. They're already talking about how you guys and the SEC as a whole are overrated and this was a meaningless win for us already. tu's boards think they'd put 40 or more on you and win by 30. Personally, I think it's bull**** because they'll be lucky to go 6-6 this year and don't play nearly as physically as you guys. Wilds would go for 200 on them.

We do have an amazing offense. I will say that. They are better than even I expected.

I was not totally surprised at how well our defense did. I put a lot of faith in them to bulk up over the offseason and get better at pass rushing and run blocking, and they did. They have matured a lot both mentally and physically since last season, and we were expecting that. They're still young and make mistakes, but they have a lot of potential. They're much more physical than last year and I was really happy with how well they held up to your O line.

Y'alls defense looks to be scary good in 2-3 years. You will have a lot of talented and experienced guys on that side of the ball. We should still have a lot of offensive talent too, so those games could be something special. I'm looking forward to this rivalry.
I don't think talent will ever be an issue at TAMU...your state is just loaded with so much talent, and being in the SEC can only help the recruiting ploy.

I hope you are right about our defense...hopefully our best talent is in this upcoming recruiting class, especially on the line.

One more kudo...you Oline played SEC football Thursday...those five guys will make you guys a tough team to stop week in, week out.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

Thumbs up Re: Good Game Cocks!

Thanks. I'm really excited about the next few years of Aggie football.

My freshman year at A&M was Dennis Franchione's last. He set our program back a decade at least by pissing off high school coaches, pissing off players, and running just a ****ty program. HS coaches would stear their players away from us, so recruiting was terrible. He also had no real system other than, "Run the option." He ruined good QB's and underachieved because he was a huge ****y when it came to play calling when the game was on the line. He did just well enough to not get fired, and poorly enough to make us a mediocre embarrassment.

I saw Mike Sherman's entire tenure, and he was a damn good coach. He repaired a lot of the relationships with high school coaches that Fran destroyed, and he started stocking up on good offensive talent and using it in a real system. He built a great foundation, but he wasn't a good enough game manager. He went 25-25 and had one good year. I was pissed at our AD for how he was let go, though.

The TLDR of it is, I've seen some really bad years of A&M football. I missed all of the glory days of the 80's and 90's, and all I've seen is the big 12-2-2++2 era of our program.

Kevin Sumlin is turning that around, and by all accounts, he means to stay here for a long time. It's really exciting for us to finally be where we have known for a long time we could be. I was hesitant about moving to the SEC and abandoning all of our old rivals, but it has been an eye opening and amazing transition. The competition, the fans, and the tradition are just a huge step up from what I was used to when I was in school. I truly think this is where we belong, and I think we're going to be a force in the west for a long time. The prospect of winning an SEC Championship in the next 2-3 years and maybe an MNC is almost mind blowing after what I was used to before Sumlin and the SEC.

SC is a pretty talent rich state also, so I don't expect there to be a talent gap for long. Y'all haven't had 3 11 win seasons in a row by being slouches. This will end up being a good game every year, and it's going to be fun to watch from here on out.