CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
lfowens
b381l
catdaddy66
sporkgod50
Captain9Dragons
mpilot0705
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
GarnetSwarm1990
**USC vs. The Citade (2692)
COCKYTALK PRACTICE R (930)
Spring Practice Marc (862)
Devin Washington gon (801)
Dikembe Dixson SG 20 (735)
Girl from Carolina (580)
Forrest still diggin (541)
Rooster Thieving Daw (491)
The Best Seasons in (402)
***Charleston County (129)
Muscle Building Joining
COCKYTALK PRACTICE REPORT
Spurrier - "I plan t
Spring Practice March 31,
Regular Season Win Loss P
Mitch Enters Spring as #1
Devin Washington gone
Our player development is
Looks like the hope for C
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM

Old 12-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default The U ends apparel deal with Nike

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-...060217792.html

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The U ends apparel deal with Nike

UA going to get them..
Old 12-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Dang....That would have been the last school I thought would jump uni providers...
Old 12-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Knowing Miami, they'll just not sign another deal and wear the Dolphins old uniforms.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Teams are starting to realize that the kids really want UA gear. That and UA is giving better deals and their equipment for the most part is higher quality than Nike.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Teams are starting to realize that the kids really want UA gear. That and UA is giving better deals and their equipment for the most part is higher quality than Nike.
I think Nike realizes there are bigger programs/endeavors to go after.

They did just sign Tennessee and were able to keep Durant from getting snatched up by Under Armour.

I'm just reading this as you saying UA will surpass Nike, I don't think that will ever happen.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

their nike uniforms lately with the odd looking upside down U on the front and backs of the jerseys above the uniforms have been terrible. they get rid of that and it will be an improvement.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
markymark550
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Knowing Miami, they'll just not sign another deal and wear the Dolphins old uniforms.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #9
wincocks84
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his combwincocks84 is developing his comb

UA shoes are the worst of any brand out there.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #10
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 999971200
weatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPitweatheredxtown rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I got really bad blisters on my feet from my UA cleats. Switched to Nike and my feet felt better almost immediately.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #11
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Hmm wonder if it would be possible to get apparel from different companies, like Uniforms from UA, Shoes from Nike? I have heard a lot of about the UA shoes, I remember someone posted that Shaw said his shoes weren't that good.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
Jim Lahey
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Heard they are switching to FUBU
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #13
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Starter!
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #14
markymark550
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
I got really bad blisters on my feet from my UA cleats. Switched to Nike and my feet felt better almost immediately.
UA shoes are really bad for basketball too. Heard of quite a few basketball programs having issues with UA shoes. Lack of support that leads to a lot of rolled/sprained ankles.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
UA shoes are really bad for basketball too. Heard of quite a few basketball programs having issues with UA shoes. Lack of support that leads to a lot of rolled/sprained ankles.
For example?

I know shoes can be a personal preference deal but I've never heard this nor could I find a single article online related to it.

I just got finished buying basketball shoes for my kids...my 10 year old daughter got a pair of Nike Hyperdunks and my 15 year old son got the UA Clutch Drives...Steph Curry's...and to be honest I like the UA's better...even though both are great. My son absolutely prefers them and he has worn the Hyperdunks the last two years. During the process we watched several review/test videos on both and most of the time the UA's came out ahead. Actually, almost every review I read about the clutch drives had them rated about as good as it gets.

I'm not claiming to know everything there is about b-ball kicks but again I would love to be able to take a look at what all these teams are supposedly talking about.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #16
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4860120
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

UA did bring on a former Nike exec and another form Nike designer in like 2011 to try and fix the shoe sector. I haven't worn any since 2010 or 11 and they were absolute junk. Maybe they have made some strides
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #17
GamecockSuperFan
7-6

Male

CockyCash: 999650
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Nike dominates the college sports landscape, outfitting 45 of the 65 "Power Five" conference programs. Adidas supplies 11 schools gear, while Under Armour has a deal with eight programs.

-___-
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #18
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Nike dominates the college sports landscape, outfitting 45 of the 65 "Power Five" conference programs. Adidas supplies 11 schools gear, while Under Armour has a deal with eight programs.

-___-
Exactly, look at all 4 teams in the playoff s this year. UA is garbage. UA is overrated, Nike is the NFL and NCAA.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #19
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Exactly, look at all 4 teams in the playoff s this year. UA is garbage. UA is overrated, Nike is the NFL and NCAA.
You believe the reason most teams are paid to wear Nike by Nike is because of the unparalleled quality of their products?
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #20
PosiVibeWarrior
Walk On

Male

PosiVibeWarrior is sharpening his clawsPosiVibeWarrior is sharpening his clawsPosiVibeWarrior is sharpening his clawsPosiVibeWarrior is sharpening his claws

I work for Nike and i probably think about this everyday. WHY DID WE RE UP WITH UA?! Go to UA.com, the product selection on their site is extremely limited, their shoes suck, and our jerseys continually look like a cross between a high school team and and indoor team.

Maybe with all the ex nike employees they're swooping on it will start to come around soon.

#TheRealUSC is in South Carolina
PosiVibeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote