CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
gamecock88
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
LeeSC
SpurProsecutor
Kentucky prediction (1976)
Just Booked my Hotel (1330)
Best position coach (693)
So What? (663)
The New Idea That'll (651)
Waldrop doubtful for (583)
We Have A New KO Guy (458)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (386)
So What? (245)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (238)
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Thoughts on the basketbal
If we loose to Kensucky..
Best position coach or co
What fish do you eat
I'm over the loss, but...
Kentucky prediction
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
UK promoting a blackout f
Looking for 2 for Kentuck

Old 09-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
Black Hole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Black Hole has hatched from the shell
Default sick to death...

Of fair weather fans, players not playing to their best ability, coaches calling bone head plays, and "Maybe Next Season". We need better fans and coaches.
Black Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: sick to death...

Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

We have some of the best fans in the country. Our fans just want to see this team get to Atlanta and compete for a title. And our window of opportunity when UF and UT are not so great is slipping and we know it.

It's not the fans fault we blew a lead to an unranked team once again for our annual crap the bed game.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole View Post
Of fair weather fans, players not playing to their best ability, coaches calling bone head plays, and "Maybe Next Season". We need better fans and coaches.
I have the same pain, here is how I deal with it. I understand college sports have cycles of good and bad. We just went through the best Cycle in football history. Now I know it is against NCAA policy, but I will go to the HIGH School game next week in my Hometown, and if I see a player Gamecock Worthy, I will call the Football Office to make sure they know about him. I also know fans come at all levels, there are enough of us who don't care about fair weather friends or fans, Its just fun to talk trash even when we lose. The fact is South Carolina is a Powerhouse because of the recent players and Coaches. I will buy Gamecock goods, display my flag and talk trash with the best of them while I drink, eat and be merry. 5 years over Clemson, 11 and 2 three in a row, Conner Shaw, Clowney and all the other great players have built a bridge that we are not going back over. Its still gametime, so lets play, BECAUSE WHEN GAMECOCKS PLAY WE PLAY BIG, 85,000 STRONG AT WILLIE B.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sick to death...

Old 09-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Fans being upset when their team loses makes them fairweather fans? I guess about 99.99% percent of fans are fair weather fans.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Fans being upset when their team loses makes them fairweather fans? I guess about 99.99% percent of fans are fair weather fans.
I gotta agree. You can tell I'm a fan because I get upset. I have a lot of pride for my team.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
We have some of the best fans in the country. Our fans just want to see this team get to Atlanta and compete for a title. And our window of opportunity when UF and UT are not so great is slipping and we know it.

It's not the fans fault we blew a lead to an unranked team once again for our annual crap the bed game.
True about "faulting the fans" for blowing the game..but we've got some "dumb stumps for fans" who think they can coach! That is embarrassing! But, most watch from TV's and attended a high school game once so they are "instant analysts"...But we are even dumber...we argue with them on the interweb!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
Black Hole
Walk On

Male

I think I'm fed up with the coaching staff to. Sux we have to keep Deke Adams around just so the recruiting class doesn't go down the tubes. I look back at the players we've put in the pros... I don't see how the he'll we didn't go to the SEC championship the last 2 years. Mind blowing. I don't care how easy UGAY's schedule was.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Sorry if I call this team's play so far this year what it is, SHIT!
The D has been bad every game this year, and the O has progressively gotten worse since UGA.
That goes back to team focus and coaching.

I'm with Black Hole...I'm done with Deke Adams...he may be able to recruit, but he can't coach for shit. Joe Robinson also needs to go.

And I'm getting fed up with Ward and this 3-4 he is convinced will work.
Here is my question, with all this great recruiting we have been doing, where is the development on the field? That was something we prided ourselves on...now, what development have we seen on either side of the ball the last two years?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #11
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

With UGA, UT, TAMU and Mizzou all on the road next year, 2015 isn't going to be any better.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #12
53fan
Blue Chip

Male

53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous53fan is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post

EXACTLY!!
woo:
53fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #13
Black Hole
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
The D has been bad every game this year, and the O has progressively gotten worse since UGA.

I'm with Black Hole...I'm done with Deke Adams...he may be able to recruit, but he can't coach for shit. Joe Robinson also needs to go.

Here is my question, with all this great recruiting we have been doing, where is the development on the field? That was something we prided ourselves on...now, what development have we seen on either side of the ball the last two years?
We need a clean slate. Promote Ward to recruiting coordinator, fire Robinson and Adams. And... Hire an Offensive Coordinator! I'll take OC from east carolina!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #14
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post

Fair weather fans just stop rooting for their team when thy start to lose. REAL fans complain about what is wrong in the hopes that it will get better and continue to root them on.

That is what we are doing here. We are upset with the way they have been playing because as someone else said we want them to do well and win games and get to Atlanta and a good bowl game and more!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #15
Homebrewcock
Recruit

Male

Homebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spurs

I don't think it is being a fair weather fan to expect more from team and coaches. As long as the criticism is constructive and not just bitching, I am fine with it. Our defense looks mediocre. Sure, they stepped up some Saturday night, but then collapsed rather than shutting the door. The offense should have put up 2-3 more scores on that team. Too many careless penalties and miscues by our offense.

By the 5th game of the season, I expect a more disciplined team and coaches. I live in Colorado and I still had my Carolina gear on Sunday. I am proud our all our teams as I am a Gamecock 24/7, not just when we win. That said, I expect more from this team and staff. I think there is some talent, but we need to put it together and get some W's. Not sure if coaching changes are in order, but it's getting close. One coach I would like to replace is Joe Robinson. Our kick return and coverage sucks. I do blame him for that.
Homebrewcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #16
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

I am about sick and damn tired of people calling me a fair weather fan when I get pissed about throwing a game away or playing way below our potential. Some here will agree with me when I remind everybody that Spurrier himself told us not to be satisfied with mediocrity and moral victories. Well I'm pissed that after having a shot at the SEC championship the past few years we have pissed those away only to slip back into the old days of gamecock football. Until I see something to be positive about with this team you won't see me drinkin the kool aide. All you who are buying this "we can still have a good year" BS are comical. I have not seen one thing this year that gives me that confidence and to me that is unacceptable. Why doesn't this program get respect you ask. Look at how we have played this year. Nothing to respect and now the Vandys and the kentuckys and hell probably even effin Furman starts to count us as a winnable game. No I'm not good with this. If this makes me a fair weather fan in your minds I don't give a $#\t. I will always pull for the cocks win or loose but i don't have to be happy about this crap we are seeing on the field right now.
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #17
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

This is correct
Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #18
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
I am about sick and damn tired of people calling me a fair weather fan when I get pissed about throwing a game away or playing way below our potential. Some here will agree with me when I remind everybody that Spurrier himself told us not to be satisfied with mediocrity and moral victories. Well I'm pissed that after having a shot at the SEC championship the past few years we have pissed those away only to slip back into the old days of gamecock football. Until I see something to be positive about with this team you won't see me drinkin the kool aide. All you who are buying this "we can still have a good year" BS are comical. I have not seen one thing this year that gives me that confidence and to me that is unacceptable. Why doesn't this program get respect you ask. Look at how we have played this year. Nothing to respect and now the Vandys and the kentuckys and hell probably even effin Furman starts to count us as a winnable game. No I'm not good with this. If this makes me a fair weather fan in your minds I don't give a $#\t. I will always pull for the cocks win or loose but i don't have to be happy about this crap we are seeing on the field right now.
No offense, but I think you are living too vicariously through this team, or this team's success or lack of it for some reason has way too much personal meaning to you. Many of us love Gamecocks football, and are upset about the loss too. But you have a tone like you are literally writing checks to pay Spurrier. We are all just FANS.

Don't act like Harvey Updyke. Its a game we love, but just a game. USC winning the SEC isn't gonna get me a 10% raise at work or my dog to stop shitting in the house.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #19
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Better fans??
How can the fans be better. We show up in droves. Sit through rain and lightning and spend gobs and gobs of money for food and gas and beverages and tickets and gamecock club and who the hell knows what all. Tell me just how the fans can be better!! I think the fans got their part covered
Old 09-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #20
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
No offense, but I think you are living too vicariously through this team, or this team's success or lack of it for some reason has way too much personal meaning to you. Many of us love Gamecocks football, and are upset about the loss too. But you have a tone like you are literally writing checks to pay Spurrier. We are all just FANS.

Don't act like Harvey Updyke. Its a game we love, but just a game. USC winning the SEC isn't gonna get me a 10% raise at work or my dog to stop shitting in the house.
None taken. I'm not living vicariously through any of this nor have I ever written a check to spurrier unless he owns part of the College of Charleston or the Citadel. I love the gamecocks as much as anybody but what I have seen this season reminds me of the pre-spurrier teams and thought we were past that